By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Inazuma Eleven Ares for PS4, Switch, iOS, and Android launches summer 2018 in Japan

fatslob-:O said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Even though I agree with you(and i kind of predicted this in January) it's kind of depressing ...

I do believe in the idea of generally letting any game be on any platform for consumer friendly practices, but this essentially means most of the Japanese exclusivity is now on Playstation and all of Nintendo's old exclusivity is also on Playstation. 

It's for the 3rd party japanese developers own health though ... 

As their own domestic industry is in a decline they have to look for other avenues such as localization for other territories and porting to different platforms to maintain their business but it's not just Playstation that is benefitting from this as PC is also on a historic surge for AAA japanese games since Ni No Kuni II will get a PC release which unprecendented for a reclusive developer like Level-5 ... 

In the near future I expect multiplatform releases between PS4/Switch/PC to be the common trend ... 

Well I agree. But i'd like to see the Sony exclusives come to Nintendo as well (won't happen though).

Around the Network

Well I agree. But i'd like to see the Sony exclusives come to Nintendo as well (won't happen though).

Actually, franchises that were once affiliated with Sony did come to Nintendo such as Monster Hunter and SMT ... 

If 3rd party Sony exclusives don't show up on Nintendo platforms then it's probably assumed for technical or time constraints ... 

fatslob-:O said:

Actually, franchises that were once affiliated with Sony did come to Nintendo such as Monster Hunter and SMT ... 

If 3rd party Sony exclusives don't show up on Nintendo platforms then it's probably assumed for technical or time constraints ... 

Well I know that. I'm talking about NOW, lol .

Don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if both tried to get exclusivity deals, but also wwouldn't be surprised if both didn't.

Well I know that. I'm talking about NOW, lol .

Don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if both tried to get exclusivity deals, but also wwouldn't be surprised if both didn't.

It's just a natural shift ... 

PS4 is established so 3rd party japanese developers will have to put their games somewhere else when the 3DS is on a decline so they just stack their games on PS4 while Nintendo is in a transitionary period with the Switch ... 

Before it used to be that 3rd japanese devs gravitated towards Nintendo platforms in the 7th generation but now that Playstation is on a rise and the portable market may never reach the same heights ever again so in some ways this generation is returning to a state that was similar to the 6th generation where it's highly desirable to put games on Playstation again ... 

The only main line SMT game on ps2 is Nocturne; 1,2,4, 4 Apocalypse are Nintendo

Around the Network

We weren't sure what ps4 would get off level 5 this gen if anything. Now we know they will get a version of inazuma eleven and nino Kuni 2.

Hopefully that means yokai watch and SMT are next. Can't see Leyton but if they make another it would be awesome to see it on ps4 too.

Ps4 already has an awesome Japanese line up but with level 5 on board it's now overkill.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229945&page=2

I made a thread about yokai watch on the ps4. Feel free to come over and give your thoughts

Damn now we just need an HD layton collection for switch

HoangNhatAnh said:

4, 4 Apocalypse & strange journey are Nintendo only. *fixed.

SMT 1 & 2... where snes/playstation, and I think theres fan translations (so you can play them in english, for both).

Xbox has game 1,5 (SMT nine).

Nocturn is game 3?

----- So you "could" play SMT 1-3 on playstation.

STM Strange Journey is kinda the 4th installment, but isnt a numbered game.

SMT 4 (is the 5th if you count strange journey)

SMT 4 : apocalpyse (6th entry, continuation of 4)

^ playstation owners havnt gotten at chance at these. Unless Atlus one day ports them (or you did like I did, got a 3ds).

Atlus should port Persona to the Switch too.

Persona 1
Persona 2- Innocent sin
Persona 2- Eternal punishment
Persona 3  Fes
Persona 4
Persona 5

Not sure why some of you guys are expecting some of these Japanese devs to jump on to consoles when handhelds die out, because more than likely a lot of those franchises which were on handheld are gonna go to mobile.

This is already a mobile game first and a console consideration after.

I think Nintendo was pushing a lot of these handheld titles as well, and I doubt they'd give them the same push without them being exclusive unless other publishers step up.