By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Why do young adults walk around loudly rapping to themselves?

spurgeonryan said:
You were moderated for the first two words, but not the pedophile and serial killer remarks. Just so you know.

But who taught these people that rapping is acceptable to do all the time in public? Cursing, yelling, etc. With or without a radio in their ears.

His idea of conflating homosexuality, mental illness and rapping is... strange lol. 

What I want to know is how you feel/react when you hear people rapping to themselves/

Around the Network

only in AMERICA

It's because you are on some form of drug.

spurgeonryan said:

Now obviously I see this a lot. So obviously I see rapping loud mouths on a daily basis that think some executive is going to happen to hear them rapping so they are loud and annoying as hell.

Maybe you should move out of the hood...

Do people actully do that? That must be an American thing?

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Do people actully do that? That must be an American thing?

Young adults here believe they're hot shit since they've been raised to think that they're the center of attention in the universe. You should try going to San Francisco. You will see people do that all over the place.

spurgeonryan said:

No matter where they are,  they are loudly rapping. You talk to them or ask them questions and thru continue to rap. 

What is the deal with this phenomena? 

Why does an artist have a need to bring a sketchbook wherever they go? If you can figure it out you will have your answer. It's not an American problem, but a craft situation when someone loves their craft.

Sometimes I listen to music while singing along. Sometimes that music includes rapping. I don't really do it too loudly (at least I don't think so), so I'm not sure if this counts, but I don't really have any idea what you're talking about :-3

spurgeonryan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Bigger question, why do you care? I'm too busy living/enjoying life to be bothered by what others do

Tell that to the people in Vegas. Why care about anything? Why care about what is going on the world or with anything else. Let them all kill each other and leave us out of it. 

Let's bring this back down to earth. Let's say my neighbor blares his music and parties all day,  everyday. I,  his neighbor has to live with this noise foe 20 years. He does not play it after noise curfew,  but just at all other times. 

Should I care or just live what life I can. 

Now obviously I see this a lot. So obviously I see rapping loud mouths on a daily basis that think some executive is going to happen to hear them rapping so they are loud and annoying as hell. Trying to live my life,  but hard to ignore " fuck a hoe and fuck you too,  I wish I owned a fucking kangaroo". Then switch that same line up with other words for the next fifteen minutes of "my"life.

I think you are a bit too uptight about this whole thing.  You conflated people rapping with the murder of innocent people.  

Just from that, I can make an assumption that you actually are deeply offended by people rapping... LOL it like it actually hurts you.  No social justice for your ear durms eh? 

If people want to rap let them.  If you are offended by it, walk away.  If you can't walk away, deal with the fact that they have a right to rap.  Can't deal with with other people having rights? Run for office and try to take it away from them.  Those are your choices. 

they’re practicing a hobby they enjoy.