By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Exec Responds To Claims That Microsoft Has Too Few Exclusives In 2017

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Your first sentence and second sentence contradict one another. If fans continue buying into an ecosystem where exclusive games are not important and the company who handles that ecosystem then continues to supposedly not prioritize exclusive games then yes, those consumers are doing it knowingly. Which means exclusives aren't as important to them. So again, why the big deal? If you want a couple exclusive single player games a year then go to Nintendo or Sony. Microsoft is clearly not interested, nor is their fanbase apparently. You're literally making my argument for me, lol. Not every company needs to read from the same playbook. Also, let's not act as if Sony constantly puts out amazing single player experiences. They didn't even put a real single player component into Gran Turismo, lol.

@ bolded. Ok, so they're apparently catering to their fanbase. Guess that's a bad thing. And yeah Black Tusk working on Gears might suck, guess we'll never know. Similar to how SSM was pulled off a supposedly great new IP to go back to churning out another God of War.

And they continually make excuses to them and the market as a whole. And you guys always make excuse for Microsoft.

You should read through the thread again. Specifically the first 100 posts or so before deciding to label all of the Xbox fans as defending this with excuses.

It's your thread mate... Seriously.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It has nothing to do with knowing whether you're buying into a culture. A culture becomes a constant based on how a company produces games or acquires them and how the fans respond. Micorsoft could've had good single player games but never made single player games that hit the mark. However they took the next step where Nintendo opened up the console realm to fps games after goldeneye with halo. There's no doomsday prediction but people have spoken out about working with Microsoft and honestly the company is just not creative. Nintnedo created a culture of gaining bad third party sales because they made their platforms in a way that endorses only first party to make use of their platforms best and third parties refuse do to adapt to their unique hardware with their sought after multiplatform games. (Back to microsoft though micoroft  think like EA businesswise. Micorsoft has brought us some games that did not guarantee sequels because the culture of the core Xbox gamer said the demand for single player games is not there. Sometimes I wish black tusk has kept making that rumored new ip so Xbox gamers could at least say they got a hot new shooter.

Your first sentence and second sentence contradict one another. If fans continue buying into an ecosystem where exclusive games are not important and the company who handles that ecosystem then continues to supposedly not prioritize exclusive games then yes, those consumers are doing it knowingly. Which means exclusives aren't as important to them. So again, why the big deal? If you want a couple exclusive single player games a year then go to Nintendo or Sony. Microsoft is clearly not interested, nor is their fanbase apparently. You're literally making my argument for me, lol. Not every company needs to read from the same playbook. Also, let's not act as if Sony constantly puts out amazing single player experiences. They didn't even put a real single player component into Gran Turismo, lol.

@ bolded. Ok, so they're apparently catering to their fanbase. Guess that's a bad thing. And yeah Black Tusk working on Gears might suck, guess we'll never know. Similar to how SSM was pulled off a supposedly great new IP to go back to churning out another God of War.

Sorry, I was working so long I forgot to check up on the updates of posts. I think the way i wrote it was just bad at the time. My apolgieis. What I mean to say is that Microsoft is learning once again that their core fanbase (from their purchasing habits) are mostly into the multiplatform single player experience than they are with exclusives. Games like Sunset Overdrive generally sell well on Sony platforms where more creative and thoughtful experiences are embranced. Its just more diverse when it comes to genres of games from the east and west. 

Its not that exclusives arent important to Microsoft, its that they have a good track record of being invested and them not turning out so well either internally, with reception or sales. Its always been their struggle since the very beginning. Their investment shows that they want to be good, but they just aren't. The people who are making business decisions also seem like theyve been recycled from EA.

Creative and thoughtful experiences are better embraced on PlayStation consoles... LOL. Thanks dude. I needed a hearty laugh while the Broncos are getting their shit pushed in.

LOL.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Creative and thoughtful experiences are better embraced on PlayStation consoles... LOL. Thanks dude. I needed a hearty laugh while the Broncos are getting their shit pushed in.

LOL.

How is that not true?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

LOL.

How is that not true?

LOL its true anywhere but Xbox outside of indies. LOL

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
darkenergy said:

Do any of you guys realize that Shannon Loftis is a woman? The only person who notice this was Hudsoniscool, Jeez it's as if people can't think straight when all they care about is trying to bash MS.

Anyway I believe this year could've been better but it is for what it is.

Does it make a single bit of difference in this whole thread the gender of the person being interviewed?

Does it matter to you that I was pointing something out?

Bandorr said:
darkenergy said:

Do any of you guys realize that Shannon Loftis is a woman? The only person who notice this was Hudsoniscool, Jeez it's as if people can't think straight when all they care about is trying to bash MS.

Rafie says: "If she doesn't, she will be fired"

Godbless says: "She then talks only about Holiday 2017...."

Stage says: "Haha.... she knows dead rising 4 will be on the ps4"

DonFerrai says: "She really seems confused after so much spin." AND "if we count all 4 as she propose"

Azuren says: "Someone should explain to her"

KiigelHeart says "I'm not really a fan of her PR"

So.. try that again?

You do know KiigelHeart made that comment after I posted that, right? Also he already knows who is Shannon Loftis so try again?

Aura7541 said:
darkenergy said:

Of all things to worry about... You're more concerned about people using the right pronoun than the arguments Shannon proposes?

Like I said I notice something and just pointing it out.

Rafie said:
darkenergy said:

I didn't bash MS btw. Also as others have pointed out, I got her gender right.

Then you didn't have to reply to me :-p

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

And they continually make excuses to them and the market as a whole. And you guys always make excuse for Microsoft.

And there are people like you who defend Sony as well.

Proud to be a Californian.

Normchacho said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

LOL.

How is that not true?

Microsoft abandoned any sort of thoughtful experience when they decided to go all in with GaaS. 
Both Sony and Nintendo consistently release single-player, story or gameplay-driven experiences, while I can't think of  a Microsoft's project in the past three years which wasn't a fancy vehicle for microtransactions and DLC.

But, yeah... LOL, I guess

Tulipanzo said:
Normchacho said:

How is that not true?

Microsoft abandoned any sort of thoughtful experience when they decided to go all in with GaaS. 
Both Sony and Nintendo consistently release single-player, story or gameplay-driven experiences, while I can't think of  a Microsoft's project in the past three years which wasn't a fancy vehicle for microtransactions and DLC.

I dont know why people say ms has gone all in on GaaS, when they havent published a single GaaS game this gen yet. Also, none of their upcoming games are GaaS. The only case that could be made is Sea of Thieves. People are spinning the "single-player game economics are complicated" to "MS is all in on GaaS".............wow, just wow

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Tulipanzo said:

I dont know why people say ms has gone all in on GaaS, when they havent published a single GaaS game this gen yet. Also, none of their upcoming games are GaaS. The only case that could be made is Sea of Thieves. People are spinning the "single-player game economics are complicated" to "MS is all in on GaaS".............wow, just wow

I guess Forza 7 never happened. Or Halo Wars 2. Or Gears 4. Or Forza Horizon 3. Or Halo 5. 

Don't try and wiggle your way out of this one.
It's apparent Microsoft has no interest in single-player experiences. This is shown not only, as you claim, by their statements, but by their behaviour this entire gen, from supporting microtransactions-ridden games, to altering and ultimately cancelling several games which wouldn't fit the GaaS model, such as Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Stormlands, Project Spark etc.

Their weak statements on the SP debauchery and their poor line-up are just confirmation to what was already known.

Tulipanzo said:
flashfire926 said:

I guess Forza 7 never happened. Or Halo Wars 2. Or Gears 4. Or Forza Horizon 3. Or Halo 5. 

Don't try and wiggle your way out of this one.
It's apparent Microsoft has no interest in single-player experiences. This is shown not only, as you claim, by their statements, but by their behaviour this entire gen, from supporting microtransactions-ridden games, to altering and ultimately cancelling several games which wouldn't fit the GaaS model, such as Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Stormlands, Project Spark etc.

Their weak statements on the SP debauchery and their poor line-up are just confirmation to what was already known.

none of these games are GaaS and campaign/single player are a big part of all of those games except Halo Wars, so I dont know what youre trying to say. 

Those games were canselled because they werent shaping up well, not because they werent GaaS. Ori and the Blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Quantum Break, and Cuphead wouldve all been cancelled if that was the case. 

Heck, the argument isnt even if they have interest in SP games or not, its if they are going all in on GaaS, which even their "micro-transaction ridden" games arent (forza 7 is the only game from that which gets somewhat hurt by microtrsnasactions) What a baseless argument.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.