By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Exec Responds To Claims That Microsoft Has Too Few Exclusives In 2017

GribbleGrunger said:
I don't believe zim

A new Xbox-hardware without good exclusives brings nothing in my opinion. And it's interesting - Microsoft has announced no game that has better graphics than Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn. An exciting question for you guys, what happens when The Last of Us 2, Spiderman, God of War or Death Stranding appears..? These games will look even better than the current graphics-highlights.

Here's good quote from January 2017: Games like "Scalebound" or "The Last Guardian" is not a risk, but Microsoft wants money, much more money. For this reason, the focus is on online games. I find the games lineup for the xbox one 17/18 really bad, even in xbox forums, the most players are disappointed. The Xbox360 I found good. But now..for me, it is a pity that Microsoft is not concerned about japanese games and jrpgs. What do you think ?

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It has nothing to do with knowing whether you're buying into a culture. A culture becomes a constant based on how a company produces games or acquires them and how the fans respond. Micorsoft could've had good single player games but never made single player games that hit the mark. However they took the next step where Nintendo opened up the console realm to fps games after goldeneye with halo. There's no doomsday prediction but people have spoken out about working with Microsoft and honestly the company is just not creative. Nintnedo created a culture of gaining bad third party sales because they made their platforms in a way that endorses only first party to make use of their platforms best and third parties refuse do to adapt to their unique hardware with their sought after multiplatform games. (Back to microsoft though micoroft  think like EA businesswise. Micorsoft has brought us some games that did not guarantee sequels because the culture of the core Xbox gamer said the demand for single player games is not there. Sometimes I wish black tusk has kept making that rumored new ip so Xbox gamers could at least say they got a hot new shooter.

Your first sentence and second sentence contradict one another. If fans continue buying into an ecosystem where exclusive games are not important and the company who handles that ecosystem then continues to supposedly not prioritize exclusive games then yes, those consumers are doing it knowingly. Which means exclusives aren't as important to them. So again, why the big deal? If you want a couple exclusive single player games a year then go to Nintendo or Sony. Microsoft is clearly not interested, nor is their fanbase apparently. You're literally making my argument for me, lol. Not every company needs to read from the same playbook. Also, let's not act as if Sony constantly puts out amazing single player experiences. They didn't even put a real single player component into Gran Turismo, lol.

@ bolded. Ok, so they're apparently catering to their fanbase. Guess that's a bad thing. And yeah Black Tusk working on Gears might suck, guess we'll never know. Similar to how SSM was pulled off a supposedly great new IP to go back to churning out another God of War.

And they continually make excuses to them and the market as a whole. And you guys always make excuse for Microsoft.

Excuses for what? If people aren't happy with what they offer there are two other platforms :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
Excuses for what? If people aren't happy with what they offer there are two other platforms :)

Are you happy with what they have offered to you this year?

LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh... So that's why the PS4 and Switch has been such a great growing success this gen. You just made this full circle, baby.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Actually there are three other platforms.

ThisGuyFooks said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Considering his posts yes he preffers the lack of MS exclusives than most Sony exclusives.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ThisGuyFooks said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I prefer to game on Microsoft consoles but as I have said before, I don't care much for Microsoft's games (or Sony's, for that matter). I prefer the Xbox because of the controller, the UI, and the network. I went Xbox first this gen because games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall looked infinitely more appealing to me than Killzone 6 and uh.. Knack, lol. The only game I have bought "from Microsoft" this year IIRC is Cuphead, which is amazing. Sony has apparently had a stellar 2017 but the only Sony game I've bought is Horizon, which I thought was an above average Ubisoft clone with a narrative that kept me going awhile after the gameplay stopped appealing to me. My most appealing Microsoft games this year were delayed, like Crackdown, and State of Decay. Maybe not SoD, idk if it was ever actually said to be a 2017 release or not. Either way, next year looks rather good. And it's not a Microsoft game, but PUBG is supposedly coming this year still, console exclusive. I'll take that over anything on MicroSony's future release list except State of Decay 2 :)

I do plan on picking up Horizon again at some point and finishing it. Maybe next year when the complete edition is on a good sale. Of course, I'm also going to pick up Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7 soon as well. Not buying those yet has more to do with being busy having other games to play rather than a lack of interest in those. Of course, when will I get around to playing those? Idk. I have been playing almost nothing but Dead By Daylight lately and don't see any reason to stop. Before I buy either of those Xbone games or Horizon again I'd buy the new Wolfenstein instead. And with PUBG coming out soon (supposedly, wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed into 2018) I'm not going to bother buying anything for awhile because that's all I'll play. So that will be two Microsoft games this year, at least. Hell I might end up buying more Nintendo titles for the Switch than from either other company this year.

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh... So that's why the PS4 and Switch has been such a great growing success this gen. You just made this full circle, baby.

Switch is next gen, but yeah, PS4 has taken the ball Microsoft dropped with the Xbone this gen and ran with it. I look at the PS4/Xbone scenario as more of a combination of the horrid Xbone reveal and Sony's stronger overseas presence than a lack of omg super duper important exclusives (that barely anyone buys mostly). Again, you're welcome to disagree.

Aura7541 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I always forget about the Atari Ouyabox.

DonFerrari said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Considering his posts yes he preffers the lack of MS exclusives than most Sony exclusives.

That's a deliberately obtuse way of putting it, congrats. But yeah, as someone who barely buys any MicroSony games, yeah, it wouldn't be hard for me to find more to enjoy from Microsoft than Sony. I mean, this "incredible 2017", lets break it down in terms of Ludicrous appeal.

Horizon - Bought it, played most of it. A bit overrated imho, but a good game.
Gravity Rush 2 - lol no thanks.
MLB - haven't cared about sim baseball in years. Last time I bought The Show was to be a part of a GAF online league. The games were plagued with lag and glitches, and still are.
Drawn to Death - I don't support anything Jaffe tainted any more, on principle. But tried this since it was a "free" PS+ title. Garbage. Deserves its 55 metascore.
Uncharted DLC - Didn't play much of Uncharted 4, not interested in this.
Everybody's Golf - I actually am mildly interested in this, but this is one of those games where if it were on the Xbox and I could play it with my Xbox controller and UI, I might buy it on a good sale. But PS4? Nah.
Knack 2 - lol
Hidden Agenda - Pass. Seems like a game designed for twitch/Mixer kids.
GT Sport - Pass. Might buy at a cheap price when it's more than a $60 prologue. I'm betting on lots of used copies at my local GameXChange within weeks. If this game had a traditional career/single player mode it would have been my first sim racer bought this gen as I have no interest in Project Cars and Turn10 goes way too overboard with DLC/microtransactions so I have avoided Forza as well.

I think that's it? I'm probably missing a slew of Japanese games that may or may not have been published by Sony or could be a Cuphead situation where they get tons of marketing and support from Sony for a console release but either way if you don't see the game there then there's no point in correcting me because I don't give a shit about the game anyway. Objectively, yes, the PS4 has had a really good year in games, easily better than Xbone. Subjectively, logging on to my PS4 a few days ago to reinstall Madden 18 so I could accept a league invite was literally the first time I'd used my PS4 since August. Has nothing to do with bias, just personal taste :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I prefer to game on Microsoft consoles but as I have said before, I don't care much for Microsoft's games (or Sony's, for that matter). I prefer the Xbox because of the controller, the UI, and the network. I went Xbox first this gen because games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall looked infinitely more appealing to me than Killzone 6 and uh.. Knack, lol. The only game I have bought "from Microsoft" this year IIRC is Cuphead, which is amazing. Sony has apparently had a stellar 2017 but the only Sony game I've bought is Horizon, which I thought was an above average Ubisoft clone with a narrative that kept me going awhile after the gameplay stopped appealing to me. My most appealing Microsoft games this year were delayed, like Crackdown, and State of Decay. Maybe not SoD, idk if it was ever actually said to be a 2017 release or not. Either way, next year looks rather good. And it's not a Microsoft game, but PUBG is supposedly coming this year still, console exclusive. I'll take that over anything on MicroSony's future release list except State of Decay 2 :)

I do plan on picking up Horizon again at some point and finishing it. Maybe next year when the complete edition is on a good sale. Of course, I'm also going to pick up Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7 soon as well. Not buying those yet has more to do with being busy having other games to play rather than a lack of interest in those. Of course, when will I get around to playing those? Idk. I have been playing almost nothing but Dead By Daylight lately and don't see any reason to stop. Before I buy either of those Xbone games or Horizon again I'd buy the new Wolfenstein instead. And with PUBG coming out soon (supposedly, wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed into 2018) I'm not going to bother buying anything for awhile because that's all I'll play. So that will be two Microsoft games this year, at least. Hell I might end up buying more Nintendo titles for the Switch than from either other company this year.

LivingMetal said:

Switch is next gen, but yeah, PS4 has taken the ball Microsoft dropped with the Xbone this gen and ran with it. I look at the PS4/Xbone scenario as more of a combination of the horrid Xbone reveal and Sony's stronger overseas presence than a lack of omg super duper important exclusives (that barely anyone buys mostly). Again, you're welcome to disagree.

Aura7541 said:

I always forget about the Atari Ouyabox.

DonFerrari said:

That's a deliberately obtuse way of putting it, congrats. But yeah, as someone who barely buys any MicroSony games, yeah, it wouldn't be hard for me to find more to enjoy from Microsoft than Sony. I mean, this "incredible 2017", lets break it down in terms of Ludicrous appeal.

Horizon - Bought it, played most of it. A bit overrated imho, but a good game.
Gravity Rush 2 - lol no thanks.
MLB - haven't cared about sim baseball in years. Last time I bought The Show was to be a part of a GAF online league. The games were plagued with lag and glitches, and still are.
Drawn to Death - I don't support anything Jaffe tainted any more, on principle. But tried this since it was a "free" PS+ title. Garbage. Deserves its 55 metascore.
Uncharted DLC - Didn't play much of Uncharted 4, not interested in this.
Everybody's Golf - I actually am mildly interested in this, but this is one of those games where if it were on the Xbox and I could play it with my Xbox controller and UI, I might buy it on a good sale. But PS4? Nah.
Knack 2 - lol
Hidden Agenda - Pass. Seems like a game designed for twitch/Mixer kids.
GT Sport - Pass. Might buy at a cheap price when it's more than a $60 prologue. I'm betting on lots of used copies at my local GameXChange within weeks. If this game had a traditional career/single player mode it would have been my first sim racer bought this gen as I have no interest in Project Cars and Turn10 goes way too overboard with DLC/microtransactions so I have avoided Forza as well.

I think that's it? I'm probably missing a slew of Japanese games that may or may not have been published by Sony or could be a Cuphead situation where they get tons of marketing and support from Sony for a console release but either way if you don't see the game there then there's no point in correcting me because I don't give a shit about the game anyway. Objectively, yes, the PS4 has had a really good year in games, easily better than Xbone. Subjectively, logging on to my PS4 a few days ago to reinstall Madden 18 so I could accept a league invite was literally the first time I'd used my PS4 since August. Has nothing to do with bias, just personal taste :)

I'm scratching my head trying to think why would it be a obtuse way of putting it when you basically confirms it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Like I said, deliberately obtuse LOL.