By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Batman: The Telltale Series release date confirmed for the Switch

I want more switch games.

All these games getting re released on switch do nothing for me however. Reminds me a lot of the early Wii U third-party. Release previously released games on new Nintendo console and when old game doesn't sell well use that as an excuse to abandon new games.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
B...b-b-but it barely runs on PS4! Only 60fps PS4 games can run on Switch!

Also, great to see that when Nintendo created an opening for 3rd party releases, 3rd parties actually showed up this time.

I get the point you're making, but it feels pretty hollow in a telltale thread :p

Nuvendil said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Well i'm sure telltale could get those games at 60fps on ps4 if they wanted to

in fact i'm surprised they aren't?

Framerates are uncapped but performance is terrible, going up and down between 20 and 60 but only hits or gets close to 60 rarely.  At launch, it was normally between 20 and 30.

That's really more of a optimization issue than the PS4 or Xbone.

Sorry I know what you're getting at it just seems meaningless on a Telltale thread(I know it sounds like i'm copying Zekkyou but I was getting at that)

Zekkyou said:
Nuvendil said:

Also, great to see that when Nintendo created an opening for 3rd party releases, 3rd parties actually showed up this time.

I get the point you're making, but it feels pretty hollow in a telltale thread :p

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nuvendil said:

Framerates are uncapped but performance is terrible, going up and down between 20 and 60 but only hits or gets close to 60 rarely.  At launch, it was normally between 20 and 30.

That's really more of a optimization issue than the PS4 or Xbone.

Sorry I know what you're getting at it just seems meaningless on a Telltale thread(I know it sounds like i'm copying Zekkyou but I was getting at that)

I would hope my tone was clearly at least somewhat comedic in the first post :P

Yes, it is an optimization issue.  As is the case with far, far more games than people realize.  It's just painfully obvious here :P

have this pre-ordered. I love Batman and am excited to try out a Telltale game for the first time.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

Why wouldn't a game that runs on ps3/360 and iphone/android be able to run on switch lol I wouldn't use it as your choice of game for "8th gen"...cause it's not the brightest one. 

Preston Scott

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Nuvendil said:

Why wouldn't a game that runs on ps3/360 and iphone/android be able to run on switch lol I wouldn't use it as your choice of game for "8th gen"...cause it's not the brightest one. 

I see no one seems to understand that I was being somewhat facetious.  Yes, I am aware Telltale is a pretty pathetic studio in terms of optimization.  I was more making fun of certain people's incredibly simplistic logic than making any sweeping, serious statements about what games can be on Switch.

I'll totally buy it on Switch. As long as the whole game is on it. Unlike to stupid season pass disc BS telltale has been doing.

killeryoshis said:
What's the consensus of the Tell Tale games? I remember watching Back to the Future game and surprised it was good.

I very much enjoyed Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, and Batman.  Currently playing Guardians of the Galaxy which is good so far too.  If you read and enjoyed "Choose Your Own Adventure" or "Find Your Fate" books when you were a kid (depending on how old you are), then this is that in video game form.  Some people don't like the formula, but I think that TellTale Games absolutely nail what they set out to do.  The major handicap is that during action sequences, the framerate does suffer from major slowdown.  

killeryoshis said:
What's the consensus of the Tell Tale games? I remember watching Back to the Future game and surprised it was good.

I played walking dead seas 1 and 2 and thought they were great. I enjoyed wolf among us also. Tales from the borderlands is my favorite game i played from them(and i never played the borderlands games).  Currently playing through game of thrones and I enjoy that also.  I plan on getting this batman sometime in the future when its on sale or something