By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Patent reveals Activision uses matchmaking to encourage players to buy more microtransactions

Jim Sterling is going to have a field day with this one.

Around the Network

Activision has told Gamespot that this patent has never been used in-game https://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-clarifies-its-patent-for-encouraging-mi/1100-6454147/
Additionally, Bungie community manager David Dague also says the patent hasn't been used in Destiny

Good for them patenting this bullshit so everyone can learn about it.

I've been shit at multiplayer games for so long I'm cool with my team carrying my sorry ass. You can't put a price on that.

poklane said:

I guess that ends that.  This was a short lived drama. 

This this acti, I mean what do you guys expect from them?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
fielding88 said:
Good for them patenting this bullshit so everyone can learn about it.

I've been shit at multiplayer games for so long I'm cool with my team carrying my sorry ass. You can't put a price on that.

Don't challenge them.

Mar1217 said:
Leadified said:
Bad news from EA and Activision in the same day? Wow

We just need Warner Bros. and the trifecta will be complete !

It wouldn't be really fair... they already screwed up with microtransactions in Shadow of War last week.

Mar1217 said:
Leadified said:
Bad news from EA and Activision in the same day? Wow

We just need Warner Bros. and the trifecta will be complete !

Kerotan said:

I guess that ends that.  This was a short lived drama. 

And you'll just believe them like that ? I mean, we're talking about of the devs working on  CODWWII.

It sures as hell that they wouldn't admit something like this to their public.

Yep.  

But it doesn't bother me either way because apart from cod4 remastered I've not bought a cod since bo2 when I quit the series.  I was willing to give it another chance with WW2 but the fact they charged for a 10 year old map pack in cod4 remastered changed my mind.  It was €10 in 2008 but they are charging €15 now.  It should be free. 

So now any future cod I buy will be at a heavy discount. 

That should definitely not be patentable due to how obvious that kind of stuff is if you think about it at all. Also, the prettiest word I can find describe this is 'shitty'.

Alkibiádēs said:
Stay far away from my Switch Activision.

...I'd like a port of World at War though...