By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT Sport: Sony Are Idiots

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, what? It's not a personal attack to repeat something you've said here. Hell, it's not even an attack at all. Unless you think what you said was so silly that it feels like an attack? I could see that.

And an 8 is a fine score, unless you're predisposed to giving games in a franchise 10's and think anything below a 9 is not valid. I guess in that case an 8 might be a "bad" score. Doesn't it have a 55 now though? Yikes.

There are only 10 games below 55 on metacritic of PS4, so 55 is basically an equivalent to 2 and 75 equivalent to a 5.

Looking at the metascore for racing games some very bad games got better grades than GTS while several good racers got low scores... isn't it funny how unthrustworthy are those scores for racers and simulators?

Well, no, that's not really how scores work. A 55 is not the metascore of GTS. There are plenty of reviews for PS4 games lower than a 55. A score of 55 is not equivalent to a 2... it's equivalent to a 55. Or a 5.5 out of 10. And a 75 is not equivalent to a 5, it's a 75, out of 100. Or a 7.5 out of 10. It's not a bad score.

What are these "very bad" racing games that average higher than 75 on metacritic? But then again you have said all GT games are 10/10 for you, so maybe you're the untrustworthy one here?

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

There are only 10 games below 55 on metacritic of PS4, so 55 is basically an equivalent to 2 and 75 equivalent to a 5.

Looking at the metascore for racing games some very bad games got better grades than GTS while several good racers got low scores... isn't it funny how unthrustworthy are those scores for racers and simulators?

Well, no, that's not really how scores work. A 55 is not the metascore of GTS. There are plenty of reviews for PS4 games lower than a 55. A score of 55 is not equivalent to a 2... it's equivalent to a 55. Or a 5.5 out of 10. And a 75 is not equivalent to a 5, it's a 75, out of 100. Or a 7.5 out of 10. It's not a bad score.

What are these "very bad" racing games that average higher than 75 on metacritic? But then again you have said all GT games are 10/10 for you, so maybe you're the untrustworthy one here?

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/new-releases/ps4/metascore

On the recent launch there is very few.

on a scale of 0 to 10, 5 being a mean point, would point to average/mediocre. So can you say that a game that reaches a 5 is average?

Going by metacritic that scale is shifted and there is no 0 on it, so you are more likely looking from 2 to 10, the average goes to 6 with very little content actually being there. If you were really looking at the ful score.

So does XCom2 deserves a 9.4?

Very bad? I said worse. Do you really have a hard time using words or you just try to make then mean other things to try and support your point?

Never claimed I'm unbiased about GT or anything at all.

https://www.polygon.com/2014/10/28/7083373/look-at-this-chart-of-average-metacritic-scores-what-happened-in-2007

Isn't it funny that reviewers score on metacritic average collectivelly to a 65-75 interval, with the most recent on the link showing it close to 73.

So that would put that the average game is on the 70 branch, but going by your totally unbiased analysis 75 is very good and a deserving score. Do you still believe anyone think you are the unbiased, console neutral guy?

How was that Titanfall game of the generation before you played all games of the generation or before even being a full 2 years on the gen? And you have the balls to come here talk about scores on unplayed games and unbiased opinion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

on a scale of 0 to 10, 5 being a mean point, would point to average/mediocre. So can you say that a game that reaches a 5 is average?

Going by metacritic that scale is shifted and there is no 0 on it, so you are more likely looking from 2 to 10, the average goes to 6 with very little content actually being there. If you were really looking at the ful score.

Very bad? I said worse. Do you really have a hard time using words or you just try to make then mean other things to try and support your point?

https://www.polygon.com/2014/10/28/7083373/look-at-this-chart-of-average-metacritic-scores-what-happened-in-2007

Isn't it funny that reviewers score on metacritic average collectivelly to a 65-75 interval, with the most recent on the link showing it close to 73.

So that would put that the average game is on the 70 branch, but going by your totally unbiased analysis 75 is very good and a deserving score. Do you still believe anyone think you are the unbiased, console neutral guy?

How was that Titanfall game of the generation before you played all games of the generation or before even being a full 2 years on the gen? And you have the balls to come here talk about scores on unplayed games and unbiased opinion.

No matter what happen, GTS always is 10 to you so nothing to worry, even if it get 50% score on metacritic or below, it won't change your loyal to Sony and GT, so no need to care about other opinions 

DonFerrari said:

The difference is my GOTG and Titanfall was just a joke, I even had a joke sig for it. You're completely and utterly serious about the GT bias, almost proud of it. Not going to bother responding to your metacritic stuff, if you can't even be bothered to list these supposed much worse games then there's no point :)

Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:

Wow you act as if there competition falls way behind. But seems graphics are too important to some people. FM7 and PC2 are amazing games. They are filled with content and are worth there price tags. GTS isnt and thats the problem. You can continue to defend it thats fine. They will continue to offer you these type of games. 

Maybe you should read the IGN Review

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/10/17/gran-turismo-sport-review

At this rate, FM5 > GTS and thats disapointing after 4 years of developement.

There is no real IGN review yet. Just the smaller sister sites. You know why?! Because the big sites (IGN US, Gamespot, Verge, Gameinformer) have agreed on holding the reviews back until the game has the chance to work as intended.

GTS is easily worth the price tag for me, as I’m having more fun with it than any other racing game in the last decade...but Im a serious car nerd and racer and I can totally understand if someone who isn’t thinks that way.

GTS only has only one true problem..lack of content. They did a clean cut. I’m still happy they have released it now instead of in 2 years time when they have caught up with modelling. Ok, they really need to get the offline saving and server stability fixed too.

pC2 and F7 have other problems. Be it much worse controller play of PC2, bad AI, bugs and general unpolished state of the game..lacking physics and wheel support of Forza 7 and loot boxes, bad lighting system with exaggerated colours and sound, bad online and A.I.

I don’t have to read the review...they all say the same. The game looks and plays brilliantly, it just doesn’t have enough content yet. And this is only in comparison to the competition as GTS still offers easily hundreds of hours played for its 60 bucks.

GTS took over 4 years to make, and they are charging full price for a game with less than half the content and prebaked weather/lighitng something FM5 suffered also from reviews, atleast FM5 didnt take 4 years to make and still achieved the same. I hope in your case the extra DLC is free. 

You also talk down on its competition acting as if the visual differences are night and day? (Funny because GTS doesnt offer dynamic Night and Day) FM7 and PC2 offers great visuals and sound and theres nothing BAD about there lighting model.

Sure GTS has better lighting and the cars look slightly better but at what extra cost? Can you ram into a tire wall in GTS and see the tires react to the crash like in FM7? GTS car damage falls short aswell and the lack of road details seem flat. Also the sound in GTS isnt class leading mentioned by many reviewers. I could go on and on about where GTS falls short to other racers. The fact you stick to the only things GTS has done slightly better is funny because i can name many things it does slightly worse and at times simply worse.

Since you seem to love visuals over everything else, i bet you are excited for FM7 on X1X.. Lets wait and see shall we.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Of course GTS should be reviewed as a GT game. It's a GT game. It took four years to make and costs $60. Nothing wrong with expecting fully fledged features and content in that situation.

Yes GTS have to be reviewed as GTS not GT7, want to repeat it another 5 times?

It have more play time than most 60USD games so is content the problem?

Errorist76 said:

There is no real IGN review yet. Just the smaller sister sites. You know why?! Because the big sites (IGN US, Gamespot, Verge, Gameinformer) have agreed on holding the reviews back until the game has the chance to work as intended.

GTS is easily worth the price tag for me, as I’m having more fun with it than any other racing game in the last decade...but Im a serious car nerd and racer and I can totally understand if someone who isn’t thinks that way.

GTS only has only one true problem..lack of content. They did a clean cut. I’m still happy they have released it now instead of in 2 years time when they have caught up with modelling. Ok, they really need to get the offline saving and server stability fixed too.

pC2 and F7 have other problems. Be it much worse controller play of PC2, bad AI, bugs and general unpolished state of the game..lacking physics and wheel support of Forza 7 and loot boxes, bad lighting system with exaggerated colours and sound, bad online and A.I.

I don’t have to read the review...they all say the same. The game looks and plays brilliantly, it just doesn’t have enough content yet. And this is only in comparison to the competition as GTS still offers easily hundreds of hours played for its 60 bucks.

Have you read their conclusion (ign) because yes they said the same, great content on what offered, missing content compared to others.

Funny part is he using it as a comparison to Forza and PC... the comment on the review is that polish and detail on GTS is top class, not equalled by any, just that FM7 and PC2 aren't draw with crayon... so he was very clear in putting there really is a big difference.

Mate your arguing agasint the majority. I dont need to debate this with you. The reviews speak for themselves. As of right now, GTS is sitting on a 75 Meta, its not a bad score however compared that to its competition it falls behind by a fair shot. You said you treat every GT game a 10/10, well that says something about your opinion in these debates. 

Tell me, do you think GTS is a 10/10 game?

Around the Network

I am a huge Racing fan.. Right now I m having blast playing the game with its driver sportsmanship rating you dont get to play with idiots. the game mechanics and the menu are miles ahead of previous entries. but having said that yes the game is low on content and offline mode and axing of GT mode. I think it was deliberately done coz I think Sony and PD might be planning for another release of GT, focused on arcade and offline for casual gamers. So we might be looking at alternating entries like Forza and horizon.. bi yearly, and this could be the reason sony was compelled to shut evolution studio (Still mad about this) coz they couldn't afford two arcade racer and i hope all this assumption is true.

yes the game is low on content, the game is for serious racing player who likes to compete on esport level and considering the PS4 is already hacked I dont think polyphony or sony can afford people cheating like they did in GT6 when there is an FIA regulations and license is involved.

But if there is an offline arcade game down the line.. GTsport is a solid base for it.

okay now time to wake up

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I have a question: have you played X-com2 ? Cause who knows, it might be one of the best strategy games ever. Let's not rule the possibility out. If it's a genre I don't like or don't have i don't have interest in, I would acknowledge that "the game may actually be good, buts it's just not my cup of tea", instead of calling it unworthy and overrated cause I'm disinterested in that genre. Just my 2 cents.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Well, after completing the endurance race at end of stage 5 it said the server was down for maintenance, can't save. I figured I could keep playing until the server comes back and save then, so got gold on all stage 6 apart from the 1 hour endurance race, and it still won't connect. I backed out to the menu at which point it locked everything out.

Instead of the server maintenance message I now get you must be connected to the server in order to proceed, when I select the reconnect option. Is the server back up and am I screwed? As in lose all progress. Is it still down? I want to go to bed, this sucks!

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

No matter what happen, GTS always is 10 to you so nothing to worry, even if it get 50% score on metacritic or below, it won't change your loyal to Sony and GT, so no need to care about other opinions 

Nope, it isn't a no matter what happens, it is a from GT 1-6 and GTS that I have played they have always been 10.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

The difference is my GOTG and Titanfall was just a joke, I even had a joke sig for it. You're completely and utterly serious about the GT bias, almost proud of it. Not going to bother responding to your metacritic stuff, if you can't even be bothered to list these supposed much worse games then there's no point :)

You still trying to put extra words not mentioned, worse =/= much worse or bad.

Azzanation said:
Errorist76 said:

GTS took over 4 years to make, and they are charging full price for a game with less than half the content and prebaked weather/lighitng something FM5 suffered also from reviews, atleast FM5 didnt take 4 years to make and still achieved the same. I hope in your case the extra DLC is free. 

You also talk down on its competition acting as if the visual differences are night and day? (Funny because GTS doesnt offer dynamic Night and Day) FM7 and PC2 offers great visuals and sound and theres nothing BAD about there lighting model.

Sure GTS has better lighting and the cars look slightly better but at what extra cost? Can you ram into a tire wall in GTS and see the tires react to the crash like in FM7? GTS car damage falls short aswell and the lack of road details seem flat. Also the sound in GTS isnt class leading mentioned by many reviewers. I could go on and on about where GTS falls short to other racers. The fact you stick to the only things GTS has done slightly better is funny because i can name many things it does slightly worse and at times simply worse.

Since you seem to love visuals over everything else, i bet you are excited for FM7 on X1X.. Lets wait and see shall we.

DonFerrari said:

Yes GTS have to be reviewed as GTS not GT7, want to repeat it another 5 times?

It have more play time than most 60USD games so is content the problem?

Have you read their conclusion (ign) because yes they said the same, great content on what offered, missing content compared to others.

Funny part is he using it as a comparison to Forza and PC... the comment on the review is that polish and detail on GTS is top class, not equalled by any, just that FM7 and PC2 aren't draw with crayon... so he was very clear in putting there really is a big difference.

Mate your arguing agasint the majority. I dont need to debate this with you. The reviews speak for themselves. As of right now, GTS is sitting on a 75 Meta, its not a bad score however compared that to its competition it falls behind by a fair shot. You said you treat every GT game a 10/10, well that says something about your opinion in these debates. 

Tell me, do you think GTS is a 10/10 game?

So you come to arguee the Meta, so can you debunk that the average of games on Meta sits around 70 and recently close to 75? So that would indicate that this game is around average level. Which no serious reviewer have put it as, independent of the score. Even the one you were so proud to link.

Yes I think it is a 10/10. Have explained this before. I don't evaluate games by categories (because the reviewers also don't break the score per area). What I evaluate is how the game compares to other games available.

No other game got me itching to get back from work very fast to play or will have me playing as much or having as much enjoyment. So why should I take points out of the game for things that are missing compared to GT6 or PC2? I liked the game much more than PC1 and likes more than games that got very higher scores. So why should I score lower a game I appreciate more?

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

I have a question: have you played X-com2 ? Cause who knows, it might be one of the best strategy games ever. Let's not rule the possibility out. If it's a genre I don't like or don't have i don't have interest in, I would acknowledge that "the game may actually be good, buts it's just not my cup of tea", instead of calling it unworthy and overrated cause I'm disinterested in that genre. Just my 2 cents.

I haven't. I'm just questioning if GTS deserves a score that reads "average" while X-COM2 deserves a score of one of the best games of the generation. I'm not saying it isn't worth the score or saying it's overrated, I'm asking if it is so much better but fail to have any following.

SvennoJ said:
Well, after completing the endurance race at end of stage 5 it said the server was down for maintenance, can't save. I figured I could keep playing until the server comes back and save then, so got gold on all stage 6 apart from the 1 hour endurance race, and it still won't connect. I backed out to the menu at which point it locked everything out.

Instead of the server maintenance message I now get you must be connected to the server in order to proceed, when I select the reconnect option. Is the server back up and am I screwed? As in lose all progress. Is it still down? I want to go to bed, this sucks!

You are the unluckiest GTS player of this site =[

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Why is it always the same few ones, known to favor non-PS consoles, who are the most vocal about the shortcomings of PS games?

Looking at you Ludicrous, Chris Huh and Assanation.