By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Breath of the Wild's sound track lackluster?

guiduc said:

But nothings beats Majora's Mask OST.

This is true though, Majora's Mask and if I may add The Wind Waker, have the best soundtracks.

Around the Network

Like others have said, BOTW's soundtrack isn't up to Zelda's usual musical standards. It's still good, and for a game that's less story-focused the more ambient soundtrack is appropriate,

mZuzek said:
guiduc said:

No, no and no.

Skyward Sword has a handful of great tracks, but that's just it: a handful.

Ballad of the Goddess, Skyloft, The Sky, Ghirahim's Theme, Faron Forest, Earth Temple, Lanayru Sand Sea, Lanayru Desert, Groose Theme, Demise, Ancient Cistern and of course my favorite, Koloktos.

That's the extent of it. The rest is just generic, bland.

Breath of the Wild has at least these:

Hateno Village, Zora's Domain, Rito Village, Hyrule Castle, Korok Forest, Gerudo Town, Molduga, Master Kohga, Dark Beast Ganon Phase 2, all the Blights tracks, Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Fairy Fountain, Prince Sidon's theme, all the champion themes and of course... Attacking Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

But nothings beats Majora's Mask OST.

Interesting to know you have an opinion.

I literally don't know how to ponder this comment Have I been too blunt? I may have. Should have written this in 1st person.

I might add how I would classify the Zelda OSTs, in my own opinion:

1) Majora's Mask

2) A Link Between Worlds / Ocarina of Time

3) Oracle of Seasons (curious enough, I really like the music in this Oracle game)

4) Breath of the Wild / Twilight Princess

5) Wind Waker

6) Skyward Sword

So Breath isn't my favorite soundtrack but it would be far higher up than SS. They should put Ryo Nagamatsu for the next game - he's a wonderful composer.

Lol

NO

mZuzek said:
StarOcean said:
The games music sucks. Its one of my biggest issues from it. And the music that does exist is bland garbage, probably the worst in the entire series

I thought you were staying away from politics?

This is a political debate I cant miss

Around the Network

The soundtrack is great at doing what it wants to do.

What it wants to do does not align with what I want it to be, however.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:

That's... quite the perfect summary of it.

It's definitely lackluster. I was very surprised. I know just about every Zelda tune there is. I was taken back by how little and memorable the tracks were. Game is awesome though.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

TheWPCTraveler said:

Now this is a disagreement I can agree with

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Compared to other Zelda games im going to say yeah its pretty lacking in music and story.