By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game that got the most controversy this year: Mass Effect Andromeda or Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

irstupid said:
Versus_Evil said:
Battlefront 2 will have this title well and truly secured.

Was about to say from what I've heard of the Beta for that game, it trumps all games prior in loot crates being horrendous.

Like from what I've heard you have to play like 5 hours to be able to gain enough in game cash to buy 1 loot crate. Only way to get new weapons or upgrades for them and other upgrades is to get like chips or something. You have a chance in your loot box to get 10-20 chips, if you get any. A typical upgrad/gun can cost between 300-900.

I think the vid I watched wa slike is there were 9 guns, to fully upgrade them you would need to play like 1,500 hours or something.

Or spend real money.

That's exaggerated, at least based on the beta. I wasn't paying particularly close attention to it but from what I remember a crate takes a couple hours to earn apart from dailies (still a lot), scrap drops in 20's on average, and upgrades start around 40 for abilities or 100 for attachments. Could change by release, of course, and they're definitely a detriment to the game regardless.

OT: Andromeda, easily. That backlash went viral and managed to sink the franchise for the foreseeable future. Runner up is probably Shadow of War, and deservedly so. Modern Warfare Remastered standalone should have gotten more, though; that's probably the most disgusting AAA product ever.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
irstupid said:

Was about to say from what I've heard of the Beta for that game, it trumps all games prior in loot crates being horrendous.

Like from what I've heard you have to play like 5 hours to be able to gain enough in game cash to buy 1 loot crate. Only way to get new weapons or upgrades for them and other upgrades is to get like chips or something. You have a chance in your loot box to get 10-20 chips, if you get any. A typical upgrad/gun can cost between 300-900.

I think the vid I watched wa slike is there were 9 guns, to fully upgrade them you would need to play like 1,500 hours or something.

Or spend real money.

That's exaggerated, at least based on the beta. I wasn't paying particularly close attention to it but from what I remember a crate takes a couple hours to earn apart from dailies (still a lot), scrap drops in 20's on average, and upgrades start around 40 for abilities or 100 for attachments. Could change by release, of course, and they're definitely a detriment to the game regardless.

OT: Andromeda, easily. That backlash went viral and managed to sink the franchise for the foreseeable future. Runner up is probably Shadow of War, and deservedly so. Modern Warfare Remastered standalone should have gotten more, though; that's probably the most disgusting AAA product ever.

From recalling video I watched, like new gun cost like 600, then with upgrades like 900-1200 or something total.

But a couple hours lets say to be super lenient for your defense. 2 hours for 20. So that means it would tak 10 hours to get 100 scraps.

10 hours to get 100 scraps. 

Let that number sink in. There are what 3 or 4 attachments per gun? So using your 100 number, that means 300-400 scraps needed to max out ONE FREAKING GUN. that is 30-40 hours to max out one gun. 

Please continue to defend this. Please. 

irstupid said:
TallSilhouette said:

From recalling video I watched, like new gun cost like 600, then with upgrades like 900-1200 or something total.

But a couple hours lets say to be super lenient for your defense. 2 hours for 20. So that means it would tak 10 hours to get 100 scraps.

10 hours to get 100 scraps. 

Let that number sink in. There are what 3 or 4 attachments per gun? So using your 100 number, that means 300-400 scraps needed to max out ONE FREAKING GUN. that is 30-40 hours to max out one gun. 

Please continue to defend this. Please. 

Relax, dude. I'm not defending anything, just adjusting some numbers for accuracy.

Mass Effect Andromeda will likely top any other games in this regard.

RolStoppable said:
Breath of the Wild.

vivster can't stop talking about it.

If it was an actual controversy I wouldn't have to constantly talk about it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Special shout out to the lootbox games. Star Wars Battlfront 2, Middle Earth Shadow Of War, Forza 7. All of them are ruining Christmas.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

Special shout out to the lootbox games. Star Wars Battlfront 2, Middle Earth Shadow Of War, Forza 7. All of them are ruining Christmas.

How are they ruining Christmas? They are literally little christmas presents done digitally!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said:

How are they ruining Christmas? They are literally little christmas presents done digitally!

I bet you would consider a wasp-filled piñata a birthday present too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mass Effect Andromeda was an odd thing really. If anyone actually played the game you'd realise what a good game it actually was, the gameplay was fun and entertaining. The best bits of it were your companion individual story missions which played out more like Mass Effect 1-3 linear missions which was great.

Problem came from expectation verses what we got. I have no idea what exactly happened between 3 and Andromeda but did they just throw out all their character models or something or did the main Bioware office horde them for Anthem? Because the character models were crap. Pudgey is a great way to describe them. The Asari were the most obvious in their differences.

Oh and online mode was pretty bad compared to ME3s.

That said 'No Mutants, No Marvel'.

Hmm, pie.

Zelda BOTW got the most controversy. General opinion on games in OP is that they are shit.