Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game that got the most controversy this year: Mass Effect Andromeda or Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Here is how you know if something that is controversial. I know nothing about either of these games other than naming a few characters from the fighting game.

But despite being oblivious to these games, I have heard mass effect mentioned more this year. Something about it being really bad or something.
So Mass effect.

I remember when Khuutra worshipped the original daily. It has fallen so much.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Special shout out to the lootbox games. Star Wars Battlfront 2, Middle Earth Shadow Of War, Forza 7. All of them are ruining Christmas.

Chinese food for breakfast

COKTOE said:

Special shout out to the lootbox games. Star Wars Battlfront 2, Middle Earth Shadow Of War, Forza 7. All of them are ruining Christmas.

How are they ruining Christmas? They are literally little christmas presents done digitally!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said:

How are they ruining Christmas? They are literally little christmas presents done digitally!

I bet you would consider a wasp-filled piñata a birthday present too.

Chinese food for breakfast

Mass Effect Andromeda was an odd thing really. If anyone actually played the game you'd realise what a good game it actually was, the gameplay was fun and entertaining. The best bits of it were your companion individual story missions which played out more like Mass Effect 1-3 linear missions which was great.

Problem came from expectation verses what we got. I have no idea what exactly happened between 3 and Andromeda but did they just throw out all their character models or something or did the main Bioware office horde them for Anthem? Because the character models were crap. Pudgey is a great way to describe them. The Asari were the most obvious in their differences.

Oh and online mode was pretty bad compared to ME3s.

That said 'No Mutants, No Marvel'.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Zelda BOTW got the most controversy. General opinion on games in OP is that they are shit.

What capcom vs marvel controversy?

MEA obviously. the entire IP is dead at this point in time.

MvsC will live to see another day sometime in the future

Neither one is the biggest controversies around this year. Andromeda was the bigger of the two, but even then, Shadow of mordor has taken the crown by far. Nobody cared about MvsC Infinite, the general apathy was bigger than the controversy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.