By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can XB1 Catch Up With PS4 In The US?

Can XB1 Catch Up With PS4 In The US?

Yes 39 7.77%

No 400 79.68%

Maybe 33 6.57%

Show Me The Results 30 5.98%

Total:502

It 'can' the same way the PS4 'can' sell 0 units worldwide from now on.

But there's nooo way.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

PS4 has exclusives... that ll probably keep that from happending:

The Last of Us - part 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Death Stranding
Days Gone
God of War
Spider-Man
Detroit: Become Human

2018-2020 wont be a bad time to own a PS4.

Man... that list.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Bandorr said:
DroidKnight said:

You apparently didn't read it.  Nice try though.

For example: "I also foresee Xbox One sales surpassing the PS4 sales for the United States before the end of 2018."

My favorite quote from Haru: "So what took PS4 almost 4 years to do, Xbox One will suddenly do in roughly 1 year?"

That alone simply shows why people called you "the drill" for that.. interesting take on logic.

Figured it out.  "TheDrill" was a user here.  Showing where he is permabanned.  I'm not gonna go through his or her posts, but I take it this person had it coming.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

pxrocks said:
it can beat ps4 easily if ms sell Xbox one for 50$ or even 100$ less than ps4.also US is Xbox strongest market and PlayStation weakest.in terms of popularity in the US nintendo and xbox is kinda equal but playstation way less popular.

I...don't know if I would agree about that. The PS4, PS1 and PS2 all have done pretty well. 

DroidKnight said:
d21lewis said:

You just don't know when to give it up do you, Drill!?!

d21, what the heck?  With exclusives is the only way this can happen.  

Nevermind. Too late. You caught on. Wanted to keep up with the Drill bit.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
pxrocks said:
it can beat ps4 easily if ms sell Xbox one for 50$ or even 100$ less than ps4.also US is Xbox strongest market and PlayStation weakest.in terms of popularity in the US nintendo and xbox is kinda equal but playstation way less popular.

But the PS4 is leading by 3m ... That means, whilst the US is XB1s strongest market, it's a 'stronger' market for the PS4. So HOW can the US being the XB1s strongest market lead to the XB1 overtaking the PS4?

The PS5 Exists. 

Well, it is feasible. The difference still is not that big. It's not like on EU where even with a miracle they wouldn't do it. If they managed to undercut the PS4 by 50 or more bucks for the rest of the gen, I think they could.

Ariakon said:
pxrocks said:

I...don't know if I would agree about that. The PS4, PS1 and PS2 all have done pretty well. 

they used to be popular during ps1 and ps2 days in US but now they are definitely not the most popular gaming brand in US.psn hack and ps3 price is the main cause for that.the only reason ps3 isnt the best selling console last gen WW is because of that price.a lot of people i know(ps2 owners) didnt get the ps3 because of that price and moved on to pc gaming or leave gaming all together.ps4 is well priced and its getting cheaper a lot faster so right now its the best selling console WW and even in my country.WW playstation is still more popular than Nintendo or xbox and will remain the best next gen if sony priced their next console competitively.

Sure they can if they counter the PS5 with the Zone XX and never really leave 8th gen. But there is 0.05% change the Xone outsells the PS4 before Sony releases a PS5. That 0.05% being Sony and Playstation declared bankruptcy and no one or MS buys the PS brand to let it die.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

GribbleGrunger said:
pxrocks said:

But the PS4 is leading by 3m ... That means, whilst the US is XB1s strongest market, it's a 'stronger' market for the PS4. So HOW can the US being the XB1s strongest market lead to the XB1 overtaking the PS4?

3 milion(in 4 years) is not a big lead.xbox1 can definitely overtake ps4.it all depends on how microsoft price and promote it.if ms going to sell xbox1 for 50$ less than ps4 during holiday season then that can be more effective and give them a sizable lead over ps4 during that period.