By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Any K-Pop fans here?

K-Pop Yay or Nay?

Yay 27 65.85%

Nay 14 34.15%

Total:41

I would be if the language wouldn't sound so stupid. It's kinda sad really. I love to look at K-Pop more than I like to hear it. It's the other way around for J-Pop and C-Pop.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I love Gashina too!!! Her live perf was awesome!!!!

Im currently loving B1A4 Rollin!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I only like/know one Korean song:

I wish she did more of these types of songs. If there are more Korean artists with these types of songs I would like to know.

Of course I know Gundam style!!!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
I would be if the language wouldn't sound so stupid. It's kinda sad really. I love to look at K-Pop more than I like to hear it. It's the other way around for J-Pop and C-Pop.

C-Pop? As in Canto Pop? You think that sounds better than K-Pop? I dunno man, Chinese just doesn't sound right for songs

I think Chinese sounds adorable. If I wasn't already horribly failing at learning Japanese I would start learning Chinese.

Radek said:
vivster said:

Why do you think it sounds stupid? I know it's entirely subjective, but Korean is my second favourite Asian language after Japanese.

It's very close for me though, mostly because I love K-Pop much more than J-Pop, but Japan have much more going for it than just music, at least for me.

It sounds like random grunting sounds. Sure, Chinese sounds random too but at least it sounds adorable and not just retarded. Korean sounds like a fake language some pre-schoolers came up with. Japanese is obviously the best singing language by far.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Sure I like some Big Bang.

Radek said:
vivster said:

I think Chinese sounds adorable. If I wasn't already horribly failing at learning Japanese I would start learning Chinese.

It sounds like random grunting sounds. Sure, Chinese sounds random too but at least it sounds adorable and not just retarded. Korean sounds like a fake language some pre-schoolers came up with. Japanese is obviously the best singing language by far.

Are you saying Korean sounds like a fake language? Lol, any other languages sound fake to you?

Maybe some African languages. But it annoys me most for Korea. Their written language is kinda wonky too. I have nothing against Korea but how can they screw up language so much when they're basically sandwiched between China and Japan who figured it out?

I got into k pop a while ago and was obsessed at the time. I still listen to k pop regularly but not as much as I do other artists.

My favourite group by a MILE would be 2NE1, both because they (imo) revolutionised girl groups for the better (I.e. Girl groups can be bad ass like boy groups, rather than purely delicate and feminine) and because they were the first group I got into. I also love blackpink and 4minute as far as girl groups go, and for boy groups, Big Bang and Exo lol.

You have no idea how sad I was when I heard 2NE1 / 4minute disbanded T.T

Radek said:
LimaBean01 said:
I got into k pop a while ago and was obsessed at the time. I still listen to k pop regularly but not as much as I do other artists.

My favourite group by a MILE would be 2NE1, both because they (imo) revolutionised girl groups for the better (I.e. Girl groups can be bad ass like boy groups, rather than purely delicate and feminine) and because they were the first group I got into. I also love blackpink and 4minute as far as girl groups go, and for boy groups, Big Bang and Exo lol.

You have no idea how sad I was when I heard 2NE1 / 4minute disbanded T.T

I was huge fan of K-Pop since 2009, hardcore, but it kind of faded away for me in 2012 or something.

Love the groups you listed and many more. Recently got back to K-pop a bit, and yeah sucks that 2NE1 and 4Minute disbanded.

Love Blackpink.

omg thats about the same time i became a fan aha. its so good to know there are still other fans of 2NE1, for a while it seemed like every time i met another k-pop fan they didnt know who they were... theres a lot of new fans and i think a lot of them dont know who 2NE1 are :( by the way thanks for making this thread, its great to see other people here like k-pop too!!

Radek said:
Farsala said:
Sure I like some Big Bang.

Me too, but I'm not up to date.

To be fair I am not much of a KPOP fan other then Big Bang. But I also like this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI