By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sales prediction

eddy7eddy said:

Xenoblade 1 sold 1.5M+ if you include the New 3DS Version, the problem with this game was the localization, it was hard to find and was the 3rd wii's most downloaded ISO for people with a hacked console.

XCX had the poor Wii U system :/

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Xenoblade 2 special edition had been in the top 10 seller on all amazons for a long time after they announce the release date, and continues in the top 100 sellers until now.

Amazon USA: #56 (Special Edition)

Amazon GER: #64 (Special Edition)

Amazon CA: #64 (Normal Edition)

I predict 1m+ the first week, and 3m+ for lifetime.

Really? That's odd. I keep hearing people say it's not even in the top 100. Is that for games as a whole or just Switch? 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
eddy7eddy said:

Xenoblade 1 sold 1.5M+ if you include the New 3DS Version, the problem with this game was the localization, it was hard to find and was the 3rd wii's most downloaded ISO for people with a hacked console.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Xenoblade 2 special edition had been in the top 10 seller on all amazons for a long time after they announce the release date, and continues in the top 100 sellers until now.

Really? That's odd. I keep hearing people say it's not even in the top 100. Is that for games as a whole or just Switch? 

As a Whole with XboxOne, PS4 and PC :)

USA:

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#3

Germany:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=s9_acss_bw_ln_DEVGZube_1_3_w?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=17Y3J8W7EAC1NBDH79CE&pf_rd_r=17Y3J8W7EAC1NBDH79CE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=d0c364f0-29db-45ab-bcad-e500dd90b7e7&pf_rd_p=d0c364f0-29db-45ab-bcad-e500dd90b7e7&pf_rd_i=300992#4

Canada: (Update: they rose from #64 to #60 xD)

https://www.amazon.ca/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=vg_homepage_quicklinks_bestsellers?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=HQS2FTWKM7XDVFT1ZB4Q&pf_rd_r=HQS2FTWKM7XDVFT1ZB4Q&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=7cba8c7f-0aab-408a-879d-e2f3cb5b1581&pf_rd_p=7cba8c7f-0aab-408a-879d-e2f3cb5b1581&pf_rd_i=3198031#3

(Sorry if this don't work, i just copy/paste the links)

eddy7eddy said:

The standard edition isn't but the special edition is. 

eddy7eddy said:

USA:

Germany:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=s9_acss_bw_ln_DEVGZube_1_3_w?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=17Y3J8W7EAC1NBDH79CE&pf_rd_r=17Y3J8W7EAC1NBDH79CE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=d0c364f0-29db-45ab-bcad-e500dd90b7e7&pf_rd_p=d0c364f0-29db-45ab-bcad-e500dd90b7e7&pf_rd_i=300992#4

Canada:

https://www.amazon.ca/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=vg_homepage_quicklinks_bestsellers?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=HQS2FTWKM7XDVFT1ZB4Q&pf_rd_r=HQS2FTWKM7XDVFT1ZB4Q&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=7cba8c7f-0aab-408a-879d-e2f3cb5b1581&pf_rd_p=7cba8c7f-0aab-408a-879d-e2f3cb5b1581&pf_rd_i=3198031#4

I don't see Xenoblade' special edition in canada's top 100 at ALL, because it's not yet available! The regular game is at 60#, however.

That restores a little faith in me. Still, isn't it slightly disconcerning that the special edition is so much more popular than the regular? I mean yeah, it means more money in the devs pockets. But it also means it's mostly just hardcore fans buying it ... 

eddy7eddy said:

USA:

Germany:

Canada:

https://www.amazon.ca/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=vg_homepage_quicklinks_bestsellers?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=HQS2FTWKM7XDVFT1ZB4Q&pf_rd_r=HQS2FTWKM7XDVFT1ZB4Q&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=7cba8c7f-0aab-408a-879d-e2f3cb5b1581&pf_rd_p=7cba8c7f-0aab-408a-879d-e2f3cb5b1581&pf_rd_i=3198031#4

I don't see Xenoblade' special edition in canada's top 100 at ALL, because it's not yet available! The regular game is at 60#, however.

That restores a little faith in me. Still, isn't it slightly disconcerning that the special edition is so much more popular than the regular? I mean yeah, it means more money in the devs pockets. But it also means it's mostly just hardcore fans buying it ... 

Haha Xenoblade CA jumps from #64 to #60, woow i didn't knew it wasn't available :o 

I know they all could be hardcore fans... but most of people who plays Xenoblade 1 turns into a hardcore fan right? 

The interesting thing here is that Xenoblade2 has not abandoned the top 100 for a month...

Around the Network
eddy7eddy said:

Haha Xenoblade CA jumps from #64 to #60, woow i didn't knew it wasn't available :o 

I know they all could be hardcore fans... but most of people who plays Xenoblade 1 turns into a hardcore fan right? 

The interesting thing here is that Xenoblade2 has not abandoned the top 100 for a month...

Well sure, but you're expecting 2.5-3 mil sales. Considering this game is already divided in the fanbase prior to release, I think it will be hard for it to get amazing initial sales that can push it to lifetime sales of 2.5-3 mil. It would need to draw in a lot of new players, and I don't think it is.

eddy7eddy said:

Well sure, but you're expecting 2.5-3 mil sales. Considering this game is already divided in the fanbase prior to release, I think it will be hard for it to get amazing initial sales that can push it to lifetime sales of 2.5-3 mil. It would need to draw in a lot of new players, and I don't think it is.

I think the only way to draw new players is if this is a Really good game, if not... I think you're right. 

eddy7eddy said:

I think the only way to draw new players is if this is a Really good game, if not... I think you're right. 

Well don't get me wrong, I want the game to succeed I just don't think it's marketing has convinced me of it ... and I feel others probably think the same. Luckily, it has gotten more consistent marketing than prior games. Unfortunately, that marketing hasn't shown off the game well. We can only hope it does millions! I would love if Switch became the place for exclusive JRPG content

I think it will break 1 million. The first Xenoblade had problems releasing on a dieing platform and was published only through Gamestop in its biggest region.

Xenoblade Chronicles X released on a dead platform.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has everything going for it, a big media push and its releasing on an active platform early in its life when people are game hungry.

FW: 600k
FY: 1.1m
LT: 1.7m