By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on the Gran Turismo Sport Demo?

Quick take, only spent an hour and a half. 

Played on PS4 Pro with Logitech G29 and no assitst, game feels exactly as I would expect. Excellent sense of speed, great information in the feedback, track expereince translate to the game, and visa versa. If you have played Gran Turismo in the past, this is an even more refined simulation.

Played on a Sony XBR75Z9D in 4K HDR. Some great, some good. The image clarity is the best I have seen in any Racer so far. Th color reproduction and lighting are a notch above anything else on the market. It does continue the series struggle with aliasing however, leaving some nasty jaggies. Have to play more to see a wider varity of settings.

Can't comment much on sound, as I had to play with the volume down while others are sleeping.

Most disappointing is the lack of VR, which is the main reason I even got excited for the demo. Also was unable to unlock the Viper in the current demo. So basically the two things I wanted to try, I was unable to do with this demo.

Anyways, looking forward to others reactions. I will add more as I get more time with it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Thanks, this will help inform my decision on whether or not to buy GT Sport.

I am super interested in the sound design and am curious if they have made significant improvements so any future posts elaborate on that if you fellows dont mind

Yet to test... wil do in about 8h... I'm excited... would also like that it had the VR support as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Will try it later today.

I'm not very familiar with car driving. 

I'm playing arcade and driving school now .

Graphics looks gorgeous.

Around the Network

I will definitely try it today with my brother and come back with some impressions. I'm a very casual racer while my brother Platinum DriveClub so i'll get his take too.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I would say it's full game data that just need the validation code for the purchase later. have seen it like these on TellTale games that the games had 2 download files one with several Gb of data as "demo" and one with few Kb being the validator.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ooo, there's a demo? Gonna try it out sometime then, will post my thoughts here (If i remember =_= )

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Game looks pretty and I like the UI. Everything else so far isn't too great. The fact I know there isn't a traditional career mode and only 150 cars is very disappointing and makes me wonder what they were doing this whole time.

Here's my thoughts. I woke up today, eager to download the demo myself, only to find out that they locked it behind a paywall (not paying for PSN at the moment). Dick move and ridiculously counterproductive.

You want to stress test the network? You want to do deep data mining on a mass of players? Make the demo available to as many people as possible.

Common sense... it's a thing.