By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on the Gran Turismo Sport Demo?

SvennoJ said:
Turns out I did screw up the HDR setup. Max HDR peak level was at 1, adjusted it to 5 now, which turned the sky from a dull washed out grey into beautiful blue with bright white clouds. HDMI is just so automatic, not.

Still need to get used to driving without peripheral vision, so weird not to be able to look where you are going in corners.

Figured there had to be something wrong, the game is absolute eye candy on my Z9D. I do agree that the environment is a bit lacking, but it doesn't bother me when I am racing.

Going back to having my eye and head movement locked does really put a damper on the experience. I know in top level racing your head is pretty much locked in place, but you can still look around with your eyes. I haven't had a big issue feeling the sense of speed, except the overtake challange with the Camero, it took a second to get a feel for that car. It is going to be very interesting to see how this turns out on PSVR. At this point I do feel that playing the challange events on the TV is going to turn into a chore. Really hope we are able to gain experience, money, and milage in VR. I can see myself beating all the challanges, and only returning to the game for VR after that. Traditional screen sim has just lost it's appeal to me. So far GTS on the TV is great at what it does, much better than PC, PC2, and Assetto Corsa in my opinion, but it does not mean a whole lot when it is an outdated experience.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I’ve just followed the tip of some other guy who urged us to try the motion steering with the DS4. Hell It's pretty amazing tbh. Very precise and fast. Need to explore it more.

KBG29 said:
SvennoJ said:
Turns out I did screw up the HDR setup. Max HDR peak level was at 1, adjusted it to 5 now, which turned the sky from a dull washed out grey into beautiful blue with bright white clouds. HDMI is just so automatic, not.

Still need to get used to driving without peripheral vision, so weird not to be able to look where you are going in corners.

Figured there had to be something wrong, the game is absolute eye candy on my Z9D. I do agree that the environment is a bit lacking, but it doesn't bother me when I am racing.

Going back to having my eye and head movement locked does really put a damper on the experience. I know in top level racing your head is pretty much locked in place, but you can still look around with your eyes. I haven't had a big issue feeling the sense of speed, except the overtake challange with the Camero, it took a second to get a feel for that car. It is going to be very interesting to see how this turns out on PSVR. At this point I do feel that playing the challange events on the TV is going to turn into a chore. Really hope we are able to gain experience, money, and milage in VR. I can see myself beating all the challanges, and only returning to the game for VR after that. Traditional screen sim has just lost it's appeal to me. So far GTS on the TV is great at what it does, much better than PC, PC2, and Assetto Corsa in my opinion, but it does not mean a whole lot when it is an outdated experience.

Really looking forward to try the game in VR, although I’m quite afraid it could spoil the game for me. Been reading it over and over, just like you say...there’s no going back after VR. I’m pretty sure when GTS keeps evolving as a platform it will feature full game VR on PS5 and PSVR2...with HDR screens, I hope. One can dream, right?!...Exciting times ahead for sure.

Bristow9091 said:
SvennoJ said:

I was playing in the cockpit view quite often, and you can use your right analogue stick to look around, so maybe use that to turn and look into the corner? Not exactly gonna' help much, if at all, but the option is there, lol.

GT5 and GT6 had that too, but that just throws me off without the physical feedback. It's the subtle turning your head into the corner or even just your eyes that makes it a much better experience. Indeed, not gonna help much.

KBG29 said:
SvennoJ said:
Turns out I did screw up the HDR setup. Max HDR peak level was at 1, adjusted it to 5 now, which turned the sky from a dull washed out grey into beautiful blue with bright white clouds. HDMI is just so automatic, not

I played 2 more hours, and while it's eye candy in 4K HDR, I moved the ps4 pro back to my good old 1080p projector. A bigger screen at least comes a tiny bit closer to VR plus the game still looks great downsampled to 1080p SDR. The sense of speed is better playing in the bumper cam view. On a screen, in car view still blocks too much and looks weird.

It already started feeling like a chore lol. If that 'VR Tour' option in the menu is all that there is for VR I don't have high hopes it will do much for progression. Hopefully they will expand on it.

Anyway the game itself is fine. Great handling as usual, campaign seems to have a pretty decent amount of content after all. I completed what is available upto the endurance race, didn't bother to go for gold on stage 6 though. I figure the 30 lap endurance race will take about an hour. I would have started it in VR, but I guess sleep is good too now and then. As you said, it's like playing an outdated experience. It should have come out a year before psvr.

Just finished playing for about 3 more hours. I am very impressed now. Basically you have the option to play the game as you please.

Into single player?

Campain Mode is full of much more than simple licenes test. Just in the demo alone their are multiple races under diferent situations, ranging from your simple 1 lap over take, all the way to a 30 lap endurance.

Arcade mode has been completely overhauled as well, and is completely connected to the career unlike past GT games. Now you can set up a Single Race, Time Trial, or Drift Session and earn credits, miles, and experience that can be spent to buy cars, upgrade cars, and much more.

In to multiplayer with a group of people?

Lobby allows you to set up races with your friends, or find people that are just in for a little friendly racing, without getting to serious.

Is top tier competition your thing?

Sport give you the oppertuntiy to compete with the best of the best, and get a chance to have your name mentioned along side the Pros.

Just love Automobiles and Driving?

Scapes offers you the ability to take your custom designed dream car to hunders of locations across the globe, and share them with the community.

What is already on offer is quite impressive, this thing is basically an OS built around cars and racing. If they support this well with new cars and tracks each month, they are going to have an incredible automotive lovers paradise.

Getting back to the gameplay. The more I play, and the more cars I drive the more I am enjoying things. For those that were worried about sound, I think you will be quite happy. Each car I have used has had it's own very distinct sound, and the days of overly muffled cars appear to be behind us. I have run through the replays listening to all of the cars on the field, and it is a very pleasing orchestra to my ears.

On a less than impressive note the AI seems to be right in line with the rest of the series. Get to bump happy in a challange, and you will be punished with an uncatchable lead car. Drive off to the side because you missed your pit stop and your stuck at 40MPH, expect to get rear ended.

On a positive note, after doing a half lap at 40MPH and getting rear ended about a dozen times, the back of my car was mangled and void of paint in many areas, so at least I got something out of the situation!Sometime in the future I will have to mess around with the damage model on my PSVR demo account.

Last thing to note, if you have a wheel make sure to adjust your settings. I know the core people should already know this, but anyone new, make it yours. I like my wheel stiff, and my feedback strong, and the default settings were much too loose and weak. After cranking up the force feedback and sensitivity it is a much, much better experience.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

On a less than impressive note the AI seems to be right in line with the rest of the series. Get to bump happy in a challange, and you will be punished with an uncatchable lead car. Drive off to the side because you missed your pit stop and your stuck at 40MPH, expect to get rear ended.

I agree on all other accounts...it’s incredibly addictive and I don’t think I’ll be missing the old career style very much...but I was actually very impressed with the AI. They are very competitive and no feeling of rubber band and all of them driving the same line like in older GT games. Definitely much improved. Didn’t have much of rear ending incidents at all. 

I've actually really stuck to the motion controls. Once you’ve get the hang of it offers much more precision than playing with a stick. 

Gotta play some more. Trying more multiplayer races now. Enjoy!

Errorist76 said:

I agree on all other accounts...it’s incredibly addictive and I don’t think I’ll be missing the old career style very much...but I was actually very impressed with the AI. They are very competitive and no feeling rubberband and all of them driving the same line, like in older GT games. Definitely much improved. Didn’t have much of rear ending incidents at all. 

I've actually really stuck to the motion controls. Once you’ve get the hang of it offers much more precision than playing with a stick. 

Interlagos challenge got me rear bumped a lot and a lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Errorist76 said:

I agree on all other accounts...it’s incredibly addictive and I don’t think I’ll be missing the old career style very much...but I was actually very impressed with the AI. They are very competitive and no feeling rubberband and all of them driving the same line, like in older GT games. Definitely much improved. Didn’t have much of rear ending incidents at all. 

Bump em back! I noticed that too, they pushed me completely off the track in my first attempt. I didn't get rear ended though when I forgot the pit stop, but I stayed out of the racing line while coasting on fumes. Who starts a race with a drop of fuel in the tank!

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Bump em back! I noticed that too, they pushed me completely off the track in my first attempt. I didn't get rear ended though when I forgot the pit stop, but I stayed out of the racing line while coasting on fumes. Who starts a race with a drop of fuel in the tank!

you are picking a race in the middle of it =p

several times when I was trying to keep in front of Kramer to win the race I got rammed and ended backwards.

Certainly doesn't work to use the walls and oponents to pass.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I love GT games and have all gold medals in GT5 prologue (one b**** a** challenge with a F40 almost drove me to madness but after dozens of tries i did it, pwned it), GT5 and GT6 and i did the Beta and now this demo trial, the one thing i have issues with is the collision physics, it was not very good on the beta and by the end i think they changed it and got better but now on the demo seems that it got worse again...

Example, the first online track i did was dragon tail and i did not hit a single car, all collisions were caused by others and i did got down signal for the SR and that is fine, the thing is the collisions seams to carry to much weight and get the car way too much off track...

I ended the race with a 10 second penalty because people pushed me into the rails too easily in the chicane before the last turn... The collisions look like bumper cars... I really hope they can adjust that so that people don't exploit that to hurt the others...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4