By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are you willing to sacrifice for 60 FPS or higher?

What do you prefer?

Framerate 139 62.05%

Resolution 48 21.43%

Other 37 16.52%

Total:224
method114 said:
It's funny. The question I've been asking myself after getting a switch is "What am I willing to sacrifice to have every console have a portable option".

The Switch makes it so easy to consume its games.

Around the Network

60 > 30

I would be willing to sacrifice native 4K for checkerboard+60fps next gen.

1. IQ
2. FPS
3. Resolution

caffeinade said:

60 > 30

Sometimes you get both 60fps and beautifull graphics.

and then...... there's a Photo mode:

GTsport has to be the most graphically impressive game since Horizon Zero Dawn.

JRPGfan said:
caffeinade said:

60 > 30

I do love photo modes.

How is GTsport, as a game?

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
JRPGfan said:

<pic>

I do love photo modes.

The graphics.... Im not that into racers, but the graphics... did I mention the graphics? :P

JRPGfan said:
caffeinade said:

I do love photo modes.

The graphics.... Im not that into racers, but the graphics... did I mention the graphics? :P

I don't care about the graphics, I only want to know how it plays (I know someone who is very excited for the game).

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Also impossible to achieve a ps4 level portable without it overheating, having an acceptable battery life and being affordable to the mass market. Maybe in 5 years but impossible in 2017.

Yes but I have considered the Switch as a home system as it tries to be that too. For clarity's sake, as a portable it's a decent system that does the job (except for the short lived battery though).

But as a home system, or the only home system Nintendo is offering right now, I hold it to home system standards because If I decided to buy it, it's as a home system that I would use it.

In my opinion, Nintendo should have added extra processing power in the dock thing so that you can have extra power when playing it on your television.

Well, to be fair, the Switch does run 2.5 times faster in docked mode. Hence why you get 720p in games like ARMS and Mario Kart 8 when portable but 1080p when docked.

In order to push PS4 Pro type resolutions you'd need some pretty hefty processing muscle in the dock itself, which would jack up its price considerably. While there may be a few customers who would pay extra for such a premium solution, I don't think it would be a popular enough option to really be worth the investment on Nintendo's end.

Flilix said:

Nothing.

I still haven't noticed any difference between 30fps and 60fps, so I couldn't care less.

For resolution, 480p is enough.

Turkish said:
I would be willing to sacrifice native 4K for checkerboard+60fps next gen.

1. IQ
2. FPS
3. Resolution

I would hate to have to make any compromises next gen, this is why the PC is always technically ahead.

Metroid33slayer said:

Also impossible to achieve a ps4 level portable without it overheating, having an acceptable battery life and being affordable to the mass market. Maybe in 5 years but impossible in 2017.

What would you assume is acceptable battery life?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Flilix said:

Nothing.

I still haven't noticed any difference between 30fps and 60fps, so I couldn't care less.

For resolution, 480p is enough.

I'm fine playing 240p 20FPS for OoT. Obviously that shouldn't be a baseline for today, but people like me don't put much thought into things like that.