By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza Motorsport sales evolution and future?

DonFerrari said:
captain carot said:

If you're not looking at indy games there's hardly anything like Burnout anymore. The next NfS is more car action like racing with extremely simplistic controls. I actually think if you don't like the Fast and Furious campaign, the racing part itself is the most shitty NfS ever had.

Horizon is something different though, depending on how you set up your game it's always a bit over the top but not totally unrealistic like most other arcade racers.

Gran Turismo has some benefits. Even traditional car magazines writing about it (for years) is one. Lesser releases might be another. I really think a new Motorsports every two years is too much.

It will be really interesting to see, where GTS sells and how.

And, it looks like more simlike racing games and especially Forza Motorsport usually have the bigger audience in Europe. At least if VGChartzs numbers aren't totally of.

Because probably racing in itself have a smaller following on consoles at the moment or the cost to do top notch racing games can't justify under 1M sellers, and considering FM being top on X1 sells about 2M and FH sells 3-4M there isn't much market for risk games.

It's funny that all Forza fans defend that Motorsport is much better, have better reviews, simulate better, but when we go out of reviewers as you put professional coverage is better for GT. Also with FIA license, GT Academy, Kazunori persona, participation on car events, etc.

Yep I'm curious to see how the new take on GT will be understood. GT also have a much bigger following in Europe, and perhaps X1 being weak on Europe this gen contributed to Forza doing worse.

Ugh, no Inside Sim Racing totally hated GT6 and I don't think they where huge fans of GT5 either.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

Because probably racing in itself have a smaller following on consoles at the moment or the cost to do top notch racing games can't justify under 1M sellers, and considering FM being top on X1 sells about 2M and FH sells 3-4M there isn't much market for risk games.

It's funny that all Forza fans defend that Motorsport is much better, have better reviews, simulate better, but when we go out of reviewers as you put professional coverage is better for GT. Also with FIA license, GT Academy, Kazunori persona, participation on car events, etc.

Yep I'm curious to see how the new take on GT will be understood. GT also have a much bigger following in Europe, and perhaps X1 being weak on Europe this gen contributed to Forza doing worse.

Ugh, no Inside Sim Racing totally hated GT6 and I don't think they where huge fans of GT5 either.

The reasons being? And they liked FM5 and 6 for the reasons?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

MS should cut and run. They should just concentrate on Forza Horizon and make it their own Motorstorm.

The PS5 Exists. 

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

The reasons being? And they liked FM5 and 6 for the reasons?

Just watch the review yourself its not like its blocked in any country I don't want to rewatch it and summerize a 20+ minute long video review.

DonFerrari said:
darkenergy said:

That's what people keep saying every year and then they are proven wrong.

So I suppose the drop in sales means the franchise is on a rise?

malistix1985 said:
It will not outsell FH3 obviously, it should have a nice boost around Xbox One X Launch because its one of the showcase titles.

But I expect FM7 to be hurt a lot by the microtransactions boycot, altough there is no option to buy with real money the intention is there and it was not recieved with a good response and thus it will hurt sales a lot.

For the franchise overall I am sure Forza will be one the best open world racer for many years and also one of the best motorsports titles to enjoy for many years. Its not the best simulation game with Project Cars and many other true simulation games available on PC but its one of those games almost anyone can pick up and play with a lot of dept regardless.

Overall Forza has a bright future, especially since its not tied to xbox and also has PC players buying in to the experience.

Based on the sales the Motorsport isn't so much on a bright future at the moment.

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

Who goes by Amazons rating system?

The game sits on a healthy 87 metacritic.

Game might not sell well based off the Xbox Audience has already been spoiled with car racing games since launch and inarguably the best car racer this gen in Horizon 3.

In the UK it did below 30k (from neogaf), and thats a 60%+ drop off compaired to Forza Horizon 3 launch.

Look at FM5 and FM6 when they both launch, FM6 didn't get the same week one numbers as 5 and people already jump to conclusion but by the end of 2015 FM6 already pass lifetime sales of 5.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Double post

Proud to be a Californian.