By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GT Sport Amazes! [3 New Videos]

flashfire926 said:
bluedawgs said:

1. I did prove they were wrong. I don't know if you just stopped reading what I typed or just flat out ignored it, but I'll put it in quotes to save some time: "PC has thousands of indies and to this day recieves a ridiculous amount of games that will simply never, ever show up on the Switch. Now imagine PC didnt exist and all there is is the PS4. Even the PS4 currently recieves many more and has hundreds upon hundreds of indie games that the Switch doesnt and never, ever will have. And then if the PC and the PS4 didnt exist, you still have the Xbox One, which, once again, has way, way more indie games on it and recieves just as much if not more indie games currently. There is no logical basis to stand on there, it is simply false that Nintendo is "the best place for indies.""

2. You are way too sensitive, chill out

On topic: In regards to Gran Turismo Sport's sales, I think it will have an LTD of at least 12 million, and sell 6 million this holiday season

I'm sensitive for calling out an inconsistency in moderation........ lol whatever you say man. 

there is no inconsistency in moderation buddy lol. i have gotten banned several times now

with that said, i think its time for me to stop posting in this thread

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
flashfire926 said:

I'm sensitive for calling out an inconsistency in moderation........ lol whatever you say man. 

Could you please point out the inconsistency in moderation? Is it in another thread because I can't find it in this one. The reason I'm asking is because I used one user (not you) to report to a mod and ask that mod to please ask for people to get back on topic. I also made sure the mod knew I wasn't reporting that person but simply using him/her to ask for help in getting it back on track.

I'm very sorry for helping derail the thread. I should now stop posting here to avoid further derailment

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

bluedawgs said:

there is no inconsistency in moderation buddy lol. i have gotten banned several times now

with that said, i think its time for me to stop posting in this thread

That's what I found funny about that guys 'last' thread the other day. While trying to persuade people (like this guy) that this site is biased towards Sony, he actually mentioned getting Sony fans banned and mentioned I'd been banned too. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I think you're right. It's time to stop this now, after all, I was the one who asked a mod to step in and here I am perpetuating it LOL.

The PS5 Exists. 

Kyuu said:
Normchacho said:

I mean...if you've been following along then you should be well aware of what this game is.

As for how it will do, that's tough to say. But GT6 sold more than 5 million copies after being regarded as mostly just an updated GT5 and launching on the PS3 after the PS4 came out. So I expect it to still sell quite well. And I have no doubt it will crush any of its competition when it comes to sales.

So is it mainline or not? Simple question.

Is Polyphony Digital about to partially work on GT7 already, or will they focus entirely on expanding/completing GT Sport for a couple of years? If its the former, then it's a spin-off. If it's the latter, then it will depend on the quality and quantity of the added contents.

I don't see it selling much better than GT6 to be honest.

It's a fresh start for the franchise. They have said that they could have called it GT7, but they didn't because it's a change of direction for the series. This is the game they're focusing on for next few years, with Kaz saying that when it's all said and done the game could have 4-500 cars.

I don't know, I mean, like I said GT6 sold more than 5 million units launching on the PS3 right after the PS4 had the biggest launch for a console ever. But honestly it doesn't really have to sell much better. For it to sell 5.5 or 6 million units in a genre where it's biggest competition struggles to sell 2 million units is nothing to sneeze at. Especially since the genre as a whole isn't as popular as it used to be.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I'm pretty sure it will look good, but i feel like someone should do a trailer comparison of racing games from this and last generation and let people guess from what game they are, because I think they all look pretty much the same.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
twintail said:

More content doesn't make the game better tbqh

GT sport doesn't even have a proper sp mode. That's a huge hit on quality.

So are you complaining that Overwatch doesn’t have a single player mode too?! GTS tries a new approach and I’m thankful for it. There is a career, it’s just online. Sick of bad AI in Forza and GT games.

Kyuu said:
Normchacho said:

It's a fresh start for the franchise. They have said that they could have called it GT7, but they didn't because it's a change of direction for the series. This is the game they're focusing on for next few years, with Kaz saying that when it's all said and done the game could have 4-500 cars.

I don't know, I mean, like I said GT6 sold more than 5 million units launching on the PS3 right after the PS4 had the biggest launch for a console ever. But honestly it doesn't really have to sell much better. For it to sell 5.5 or 6 million units in a genre where it's biggest competition struggles to sell 2 million units is nothing to sneeze at. Especially since the genre as a whole isn't as popular as it used to be.

Well then, too bad most gamers aren't aware of that and are generally assuming it's a spinoff. The damage of limited content and name change is already in place.

Tbh the people who are really interested in the game should we’ll know what this game will be about. More like a console iRacing which will be gradually extended over time. People who are unsure can still wait for reviews and let's plays, although I believe the game will gather an amount of mixed reviews due to people missing their old GT and failing to understand the concept. Regardless I’m sure this will sell up to 10 million in the long run. 

Is no one else highly disappointed by the fact that GT Sport will only have around 170 cars while Forza 7 has over 700. I am impressed with the way GT Sport looks but id also love a larger vehicle selection. I mean at least give us 350 cars to choose from

PEEPer0nni said:

I feel like this game is going to be crazy huge. The focus on online and post launch free support (the game will supposedly have 500 cars through dlc) will make this game alive for a couple of years through e-sport and other tournaments. 10/17/2017 is the day when Forza model of releasing a game each year with season pass and microtransactions will become outdated for the racing genre.

Unless im missing somethin then huh?!? Forza uses a season pass and microtransactions to give us more cars while Sony uses DLC, how is one more okay than the other. Also, do you not appreciate the fact that Forza initially allows us  way more car options than the upcoming GT

Kyuu said:
Normchacho said:

I mean...if you've been following along then you should be well aware of what this game is.

As for how it will do, that's tough to say. But GT6 sold more than 5 million copies after being regarded as mostly just an updated GT5 and launching on the PS3 after the PS4 came out. So I expect it to still sell quite well. And I have no doubt it will crush any of its competition when it comes to sales.

So is it mainline or not? Simple question.

Is Polyphony Digital about to partially work on GT7 already, or will they focus entirely on expanding/completing GT Sport for a couple of years? If its the former, then it's a spin-off. If it's the latter, then it will depend on the quality and quantity of the added contents.

I don't see it selling much better than GT6 to be honest.

Its supposedly a Mainline game, but a reboot for the series.

Poly arnt going to work on a GT7, their focused on expaning sports, after that it ll probably be a GTS2.

Its heavily focused on sports racing, online. Leaderboards and such, Advanced Matchmaking.

Theres Esports behinde it (online Championship endorsed by the world’s motoring governing body, the FIA).

Reality vs GTsports:

Not Bad...