By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GT Sport Amazes! [3 New Videos]

BraLoD said:
flashfire926 said:

really? If so, then sorry. I'm not saying they invented it, I was just agreeing to the point Sony does the exact same thing too.  I just wanted to point that out.

You know what, I'll take back the monster hunter thing. I'm pretty damn sure it's true, but I eat my words because I don't want to be hated by people. Sorry for that.

On a side note, forza takes two years to make since the two teams alternate each year.

Yeah, Sony does that, everybody does.

I dunno about Forza cycles, but each kind takes two years to release, so they probably take more to build, they were likely working partially on it, as was Naughty Dog with The Last of Us when releasing Uncharted 3, and Guerrila with Horizon when releasing Killzone Shadowfall.

Still, even if Forza does take 2 years to build, I don't see how can GT dev time be used as any kind of excuse against it.

Horizon did take 5 years, like did BotW (or was it 4?) to make and I never saw anyone trying to take it as an excuse to talk about their quality, if they are good they are good, we mostly bitched, and rightly so, when devs released rushed games, when a dev takes its time to deliver quality that's good, not bad. Even TLG times sometimes, lol, even as Nioh took even more time and turned to be a masterpiece, so even limbo-like devs cycles are positive things when the result is good, not the contrary.

And to add, I was also mad with PD, they said GT7 could come as soon as 2014/2015 and it's coming as a different focused model in late 2017, though what I see now makes me happy about it (as a good game) as I was once even letting it sideway, and now I'm tempted again xP

First off, good to know we were able to clear our differences.

Horizon took 6 years. I'm pretty sure they said they started development right after killzone 3 came out. However it was totally worth the wait, looking at the quality of the game (still like botw a bit better, but they are both awesome games). With GT sport I'm left scratching my head, wondering where all the content go. It goes without saying their graphics and lighting are best in class. But maybe they worked too much on that aspect, instead of adding a bit of variety to the game. Just my two cents of course. Or maybe PD should hire more people from the millions they make off the GT games, so they can have both abundant quality and quantity.

edit: Yeah I agree, more developments time is always better.  But In some instances it's too much time, like last guardian (which was great, But not worth the ten year wait. Almost no game is.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I wonder what the sales is going to look like.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
bluedawgs said:
flashfire926 said:

I criticized something in a Sony game, and now I'm called out for thinking Sony fans are evil. Really? I like Sony and PlayStation. On this thread I'm called out for downplaying Sony for criticizing car sounds of GT. Meanwhile, in that thread where the guy said Nintendo is the best place for indies, people starting mocking people who agree as though they're delusional or something, turning the thread into shit in the process. Despite what my avatar picture might say, I'm not even that big of a Nintendo fan. I've hated the Wii U for years. How do I look like I'm salty? Let me  reiterate, I think PS4 is great and deserves its success, just like most of you guys. Also idk, but ps fans just seem more vocal for some reason. Not a criticism, just an observation.

1. You probably think sony fans are more vocal because you have a problem with sony, otherwise you're delusional

2. Just like Bralod told you, I also have noticed your negative posting in Playstation related threads. These things are easy to notice on a forum as small as this

3. Nintendo is only "the best place for indies" according to Switch fanboys. That really is all there is to it. PC has thousands of indies and to this day recieves a ridiculous amount of games that will simply never, ever show up on the Switch. Now imagine PC didnt exist and all there is is the PS4. Even the PS4 currently recieves many more and has hundreds upon hundreds of indie games that the Switch doesnt and never, ever will have. And then if the PC and the PS4 didnt exist, you still have the Xbox One, which, once again, has way, way more indie games on it and recieves just as much if not more indie games currently. There is no logical basis to stand on there, it is simply false that Nintendo is "the best place for indies."

So all those people who agreed are Nintendo fanboys.  It's opinion, you are free to disagree and prove them wrong, but instead you just label them as fanboys as to devalidate their opinion to make you feel feel good about yourself. I agreed in that thread, so I'm a Nintendo fanboy now. It doesn't matter that I hated the Wii U, disliked the Wii, and think many of their games are wildly overrated like most zeldas and super mario 3D world. All that matters that I agreed, therefore I'm a fanboy,

lol at the moderation team, I called a person a gran turismo fanboy once, and got warmed for it. Meanwhile you get a free pass for calling 30+ Nintendo fanboys. Bravo

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

deskpro2k3 said:
I wonder what the sales is going to look like.

I think it's going to be one of the better GT performers. With constant DLC, which will give it fresh legs every now and then, and the bundle, I think it's likely to sell well initially and then keep steady sales with the occassional spike when DLC hits. Whether the average weekly sales go up or down after each DLC hits will depend on how good or substantial that DLC is.

The PS5 Exists. 

Kyuu said:
This game's marketing has been bad. I honestly have no idea what I'm looking it.. Is it supposed to be a mainline entry that gradually evolves like Splatoon and Street Fighter V? Or is it a spin-off?

Sony, and PD fans, are in for a huge disappointment if they expect this to sell that well. 4 whole years for an incomplete mess is sad imo after the underperformance of GT6. I'd rather have them delay it 12-18 months, release it at a more complete stage, and rename it to Gran Turismo 7.

I mean...if you've been following along then you should be well aware of what this game is.

As for how it will do, that's tough to say. But GT6 sold more than 5 million copies after being regarded as mostly just an updated GT5 and launching on the PS3 after the PS4 came out. So I expect it to still sell quite well. And I have no doubt it will crush any of its competition when it comes to sales.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I'm not usually one to care about graphics, but the cars in this game look almost photorealistic.

Also, what is the difference between Forza and GT? I've never played either of them. Why does MS release a new Forza every year? Why not one big racing game per generation? I mean, is there any real improvement in the racing genre other than graphics (not a rhetorical question here)?

flashfire926 said:
bluedawgs said:

1. You probably think sony fans are more vocal because you have a problem with sony, otherwise you're delusional

2. Just like Bralod told you, I also have noticed your negative posting in Playstation related threads. These things are easy to notice on a forum as small as this

3. Nintendo is only "the best place for indies" according to Switch fanboys. That really is all there is to it. PC has thousands of indies and to this day recieves a ridiculous amount of games that will simply never, ever show up on the Switch. Now imagine PC didnt exist and all there is is the PS4. Even the PS4 currently recieves many more and has hundreds upon hundreds of indie games that the Switch doesnt and never, ever will have. And then if the PC and the PS4 didnt exist, you still have the Xbox One, which, once again, has way, way more indie games on it and recieves just as much if not more indie games currently. There is no logical basis to stand on there, it is simply false that Nintendo is "the best place for indies."

So all those people who agreed are Nintendo fanboys.  It's opinion, you are free to disagree and prove them wrong, but instead you just label them as fanboys as to devalidate their opinion to make you feel feel good about yourself. I agreed in that thread, so I'm a Nintendo fanboy now. It doesn't matter that I hated the Wii U, disliked the Wii, and think many of their games are wildly overrated like most zeldas and super mario 3D world. All that matters that I agreed, therefore I'm a fanboy,

lol at the moderation team, I called a person a gran turismo fanboy once, and got warmed for it. Meanwhile you get a free pass for calling 30+ Nintendo fanboys. Bravo

1. I did prove they were wrong. I don't know if you just stopped reading what I typed or just flat out ignored it, but I'll put it in quotes to save some time: "PC has thousands of indies and to this day recieves a ridiculous amount of games that will simply never, ever show up on the Switch. Now imagine PC didnt exist and all there is is the PS4. Even the PS4 currently recieves many more and has hundreds upon hundreds of indie games that the Switch doesnt and never, ever will have. And then if the PC and the PS4 didnt exist, you still have the Xbox One, which, once again, has way, way more indie games on it and recieves just as much if not more indie games currently. There is no logical basis to stand on there, it is simply false that Nintendo is "the best place for indies.""

2. You are way too sensitive, chill out

On topic: In regards to Gran Turismo Sport's sales, I think it will have an LTD of at least 12 million, and sell 6 million this holiday season

bluedawgs said:
flashfire926 said:

1. I did prove they were wrong. I don't know if you just stopped reading what I typed or just flat out ignored it, but I'll put it in quotes to save some time: "PC has thousands of indies and to this day recieves a ridiculous amount of games that will simply never, ever show up on the Switch. Now imagine PC didnt exist and all there is is the PS4. Even the PS4 currently recieves many more and has hundreds upon hundreds of indie games that the Switch doesnt and never, ever will have. And then if the PC and the PS4 didnt exist, you still have the Xbox One, which, once again, has way, way more indie games on it and recieves just as much if not more indie games currently. There is no logical basis to stand on there, it is simply false that Nintendo is "the best place for indies.""

2. You are way too sensitive, chill out

On topic: In regards to Gran Turismo Sport's sales, I think it will have an LTD of at least 12 million, and sell 6 million this holiday season

I'm sensitive for calling out an inconsistency in moderation........ lol whatever you say man. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

flashfire926 said:

I'm sensitive for calling out an inconsistency in moderation........ lol whatever you say man. 

Could you please point out the inconsistency in moderation? Is it in another thread because I can't find it in this one. The reason I'm asking is because I used one user (not you) to report to a mod and ask that mod to please ask for people to get back on topic. I also made sure the mod knew I wasn't reporting that person but simply using him/her to ask for help in getting it back on track.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
flashfire926 said:

Could you please point out the inconsistency in moderation? Is it in another thread because I can't find it in this one.

Yes it's in another thread. But eh, I'll let it go cause I don't want to cause a big racket.

Bet with Intrinsic: