By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Horse Turning ARMS Into Comic Book

monocle_layton said:
Better be a hentai or I'll be disappointed

Not sure if Nintendo would sanction hentai, but anyone know if Frank Cho or Amanda Conner would be interested? 

Around the Network
Replicant said:
Ljink96 said:

Hey, it outsold Streetfighter, Tekken, MVC (so far), hell it deserves something.

Huh? It has? Not that I don't believe you but do you have a source?

Street Fighter V crossed 1.7 mill in June (link).

Tekken 7 crossed 1.6 mill in August (link).

I hope you'll take the time to elaborate

Last time I (politely) asked two posters to elaborate their lowballing of specific game sales they never answered

Tekken 7 at 2 mill (source).

CaptainExplosion said:
Replicant said:

Tekken 7 at 2 mill (source).

Yes, but Tekken has a different audience from ARMS, right?

Probably. Why?

As someone who's interested in sales numbers, I'm just trying to help figure out whether ARMS has sold more than Tekken 7.

Now we have a recent number for Tekken 7 to compare with ARMS' in Nintendo's next financial report.

CaptainExplosion said:
NoirSon said:

Not sure if Nintendo would sanction hentai, but anyone know if Frank Cho or Amanda Conner would be interested? 

I don't know enough of their works to say whether or not they'd be qualified.

Both are very qualified and talented. But probably out of Dark Horse/Nintendo price range unless either of them are willing to take a pay cut and this is a passion project. 

Cho's work is also Manga ish so it would fit but he also can be a bit over board with fanservice. 

What are the projected Arms sales so far, by the way?

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Why so much love for Arms if it's not successful like people think?

Surely Nintendo is more than happy with the sales thus far

Hey, it outsold Streetfighter, Tekken, MVC (so far), hell it deserves something.

We now have official numbers from Nintendo (link).

Arms have reached 1.35 mill (shipped + digital), so it's not quite there yet as SF5 is at 1.7 (link) mill and Tekken 7 is at over 2 mill (link).

ARMS

1.35 million pcs.

Still, impressive numbers for a new IP and of course it deserves a comic book from Dark Horse.

well... that seems interesting. Those characters have a lot of comedy potential, at least. The cast is diverse, they´re fun and charismatic..... let´s see how this will turn out.