By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Horse Turning ARMS Into Comic Book

Well with lore like "They woke up one day and for some reason had weird arms" it was destined to have some written work based on it...

Around the Network
Replicant said:
Ljink96 said:

Hey, it outsold Streetfighter, Tekken, MVC (so far), hell it deserves something.

Huh? It has? Not that I don't believe you but do you have a source?

Street Fighter V crossed 1.7 mill in June (link).

Tekken 7 crossed 1.6 mill in August (link).

I hope you'll take the time to elaborate

Last time I (politely) asked two posters to elaborate their lowballing of specific game sales they never answered

Sure whatever, but at this rate it will outsell them. In terms of FW sales, it outsold SFV and Tekken 7 combined on a platform where it only had a few million users vs. around 70-80 million at the time. If that doesn't deserve some kind of recognition I don't know what will. Those games have been out much longer than Arms and Arms is tracking well above these games. I guess yeah I provided the wrong information for this argument but yeah, it's well on its way to surpassing them which is sad when you think about it.

irstupid said:
Replicant said:

Last time I (politely) asked two posters to elaborate their lowballing of specific game sales they never answered

Arms, Nintendo's newest IP, also sold 1.18 million units in the two weeks between its release on June 18 and the end of this quarter, June 30

Per nintendo's report quarterly report.

So a new IP sold 1.2 million in 2 weeks. We are now 14 weeks later. There is a pretty good chance it has surpased them or at the minimum tied them. It hasn't had legs of many other Nintendo games, but an extra 500k isn't asking too much. I feel like I saw numbers not long ago and it seemed like there was a good chance by 2018 it would surpass 2 million sales.

This again is a NEW IP matching the sales of two of the biggest most famous fighting games in teh world. Tell me why it doesn't deserve something?

Bold: Where do I in slightest imply that ARMS doesn't deserve a Dark Horse comic book?

Ok. So no source. I see the logic in what you're saying though and ARMS will most likely surpass the other fighters soon (if it hasn't already).

Ljink96's "ARMS outsold Street Fighter and Tekken" just made it sound like he had seen some official numbers that I hadn't. I hope you're ok with me showing interest in such numbers. After all, sales numbers are the main reason why I'm here

Replicant said:
irstupid said:

Arms, Nintendo's newest IP, also sold 1.18 million units in the two weeks between its release on June 18 and the end of this quarter, June 30

Per nintendo's report quarterly report.

So a new IP sold 1.2 million in 2 weeks. We are now 14 weeks later. There is a pretty good chance it has surpased them or at the minimum tied them. It hasn't had legs of many other Nintendo games, but an extra 500k isn't asking too much. I feel like I saw numbers not long ago and it seemed like there was a good chance by 2018 it would surpass 2 million sales.

This again is a NEW IP matching the sales of two of the biggest most famous fighting games in teh world. Tell me why it doesn't deserve something?

Bold: Where do I in slightest imply that ARMS doesn't deserve a Dark Horse comic book?

Ok. So no source. I see the logic in what you're saying though and ARMS will most likely surpass the other fighters soon (if it hasn't already).

Ljink96's "ARMS outsold Street Fighter and Tekken" just made it sound like he had seen some official numbers that I hadn't. I hope you're ok with me showing interest in such numbers. After all, sales numbers are the main reason why I'm here

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Literally takes two minutes of research dude 

That was in two weeks

Ljink96 said:
Replicant said:

Sure whatever, but at this rate it will outsell them. In terms of FW sales, it outsold SFV and Tekken 7 combined on a platform where it only had a few million users vs. around 70-80 million at the time. If that doesn't deserve some kind of recognition I don't know what will. Those games have been out much longer than Arms and Arms is tracking well above these games. I guess yeah I provided the wrong information for this argument but yeah, it's well on its way to surpassing them which is sad when you think about it.

It's all good man. I'm just interested in seeing the sales numbers. I love sales numbers.

I never said that ARMS "doesn't deserve recognition" or that it "won't outsell the other games eventually". No need to excuse yourself further.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Replicant said:

That was in two weeks

Another poster already pointed out that it sold 1.18 mill in its first two weeks and that there's a pretty good chance it's at least tied with the other games.

But thanks anyway dude.

Replicant said:

That was in two weeks

Another poster already pointed out that it sold 1.18 mill in its first two weeks and that there's a pretty good chance it's at least tied with the other games.

But thanks anyway dude.

But you criticized another user for not providing a source ...

If you already had the source what was the point of criticizing him for restating a fact?

Replicant said:
Ljink96 said:

It's all good man. I'm just interested in seeing the sales numbers. I love sales numbers

I never said that ARMS "doesn't deserve recognition" or that it "won't outsell the other games eventually". No need to excuse yourself further.

I feel like I recal seeing Arms selling like 2-3k like a week or two ago on the Japan chartz. Guessing that was the lowest, seeing as it probably drops each week. That was then like 15 weeks or so past launch, or 13 week past the 1.18 official numbers. So its safe to add another like 50k to the numbers from Japan alone.

It's not Splatoon 2, but its definatetly deserving of a sequal. And if a manga can add some new fans to the series, I think its a brilliant marketing strategy. Heck sales are probably over 1.5 million by now with a conservative estimate and we have yet to reach the games first holiday. The holiday season should give this game a bump.

Replicant said:

But thanks anyway dude.

If you already had the source what was the point of criticizing him for restating a fact?

I think he wanted a source citing that it had as many sales as SV5 or Teken 7.

Replicant said:

But thanks anyway dude.

Criticized? Can you please elaborate?

I asked IF the user had a source because I'm interested in sales numbers. That's not criticising. At least that wasn't what I intended.

ARMS sales are indeed impressive. I just asked if I could see the numbers that I thought ljink96 had seen.