Skyward Sword 23 4.26%

Breath of the Wild 208 38.52%

Other (list below) 14 2.59%

Total:540

1. Ocarina of time
2. Link to the past
3. Majoras Mask

Around the Network

People who don't have Majora's Mask as #1 are objectively wrong ...

It is too difficult for me to compare the 2D and 3D games, so I separate them.

3D games:
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Skyward Sword

2D games:
1. A Link to the Past
2. Link's Awakening
3. Oracle of Ages/Seasons

I have not played Breath of the Wild or A Link Between Worlds yet.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Been playing Link to the Past again on SNES classic, i think it moves up a spot for me. With the hardware limitations they had back then, it was still a phenomenal game.

1.Breath of the Wild
2.Link to the Past
3.Ocarina of Time
4.Wind Waker

Cerebralbore101 said:

Skyward Sword: This is the reason why BotW exists. You see Skyward Sword was linear. Too linear. Fans that didn't like the game loudly told Nintendo to make the next Zelda more of an openworld, and they obliged in spades. Skyward Sword only had a single town, barely any overworld (a few islands in the sky), and it was riddled with padding. At the very least this game had pretty good dungeons. Motion controls worked fairly well and added something new. But to be honest I didn't like the sections of BotW where I had to use gyro controls to solve a shrine.

Why do people seem to forget the Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano, and Lanayru Desert exist?  Those are part of the overworld as well, as is pretty much everything not inside a dungeon.  The sky is sort of like Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time.  It is part of the overworld, but not the whole thing.

The other thing I love about those locations is how they designed them to be similar to the 2D overworlds: almost maze like in the pathing, and heavier emphasis on combat.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
3. Breath of the Wild

I don't think I answered this, so I'll go with these 3:

Breath of the Wild
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

theRepublic said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Skyward Sword: This is the reason why BotW exists. You see Skyward Sword was linear. Too linear. Fans that didn't like the game loudly told Nintendo to make the next Zelda more of an openworld, and they obliged in spades. Skyward Sword only had a single town, barely any overworld (a few islands in the sky), and it was riddled with padding. At the very least this game had pretty good dungeons. Motion controls worked fairly well and added something new. But to be honest I didn't like the sections of BotW where I had to use gyro controls to solve a shrine.

Why do people seem to forget the Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano, and Lanayru Desert exist?  Those are part of the overworld as well, as is pretty much everything not inside a dungeon.  The sky is sort of like Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time.  It is part of the overworld, but not the whole thing.

The other thing I love about those locations is how they designed them to be similar to the 2D overworlds: almost maze like in the pathing, and heavier emphasis on combat.

Eh, I'm not going to argue with you about what qualifies as an overworld. All I'm saying is that Skyward Sword had very little exploration. There are way more secrets to be found in the non-dungeon areas of other Zelda games. 

The only Zelda game I got into and completed was Zelda: Links Awakening DX on the Gameboy Colour like 20 years ago.

And the reason for that is probably because of how crisp, clean and colourful a game looked in the palm of my hands for the very first time.

Might give Zelda on the SNES Classic a go though, eventually.

Zelda on the Nintendo 64 I did play substantially, but never completed... And later Nintendo consoles I didn't buy into.
So I can only really make an educated opinion on the Gameboy Colour game, which was a great title.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

The only Zelda game I got into and completed was Zelda: Links Awakening DX on the Gameboy Colour like 20 years ago.