By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Is Trying to Keep PUBG Off PS4 for Longer

flashfire926 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

HAHAHA Sony doesn't publish and fund games to sell them on  their console, but to sell their own consoles on the strength of those games. You think MH World will sell as many PS4 while being a multiplatform game as it would as a PS4 exclusive? No, just no. By that logic they might as welll publish all their games on Xbox and PC just to keep potential Nintendo customers from buying a Switch.

No, Sony does care about Xbox probably more than Nintendo. That's where the real fight lies for them. Stop with these tin foil conspiracies, damn this is annoying. Its so obvious you're line of thoughts is wrong, how do you not see it man.

They only funded enough for the marketing deal and  for the game not to be on a non-Nintendo console, which would benefit them. It's not even published by Sony, its published by Capcom. Yes, it will sell probably a slight bit less, but it would be so small that it wouldn't matter. The Xbox version isn't even coming out in Japan for crying out loud, so Sony already got all the sales in Japan to themselves, which is the biggest mh fanbase. And as we have seen before, Japanese games just don't sell on Xbox. Just look at games like mgsV, Ffxv, or tekken 7. Xbox sales are a small tiny fraction compared to what the ps version sells. Open your eyes. 

So according to you, Sony pays Capcom in order MHW to only avoid the Switch, and thus makes a gift to Microsoft that can also benefit from a game with an "opponent" in less for free.

Thanks to show me you're totally ignorant about how this business works. Think about the nonsense you say please (maybe elsewhere, we're pretty off-topic).

Around the Network
Lauster said:
flashfire926 said:

They only funded enough for the marketing deal and  for the game not to be on a non-Nintendo console, which would benefit them. It's not even published by Sony, its published by Capcom. Yes, it will sell probably a slight bit less, but it would be so small that it wouldn't matter. The Xbox version isn't even coming out in Japan for crying out loud, so Sony already got all the sales in Japan to themselves, which is the biggest mh fanbase. And as we have seen before, Japanese games just don't sell on Xbox. Just look at games like mgsV, Ffxv, or tekken 7. Xbox sales are a small tiny fraction compared to what the ps version sells. Open your eyes. 

So according to you, Sony pays Capcom in order MHW to only avoid the Switch, and thus makes a gift to Microsoft that can also benefit from a game with an "opponent" in less for free.

Thanks to show me you're totally ignorant about how this business works. Think about the nonsense you say please (maybe elsewhere, we're pretty off-topic).

It's like you didn't even read my post. The game will sell jackshit on Xbox. They couldn't care less about this game. meanwhile on the other hand Nintendo has a passionate fanbase, which would deter sales from ps version because people will opt for that version instead. Xbox and PC versions won't affect the PS4 version period. I'm happy for the three people who will buy the game on Xbox one. You don't know what happens behind the scenes with all these publishers, that's the only way you know this isn't happening. FYI, these people don't tell us everything, they have many things under wraps. You're the only one spewing nonsense.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

ThisGuyFooks said:

We are all aware that Sony have done this before.

Thing is, have you seen Shuhei Yoshida, Andrew House or any other Playstation suit taking shots at Microsoft for moneyhatting like Phil Spencer did not so long ago?

If so, you are free to give us a link.

I'm well aware of the arguments here trying to separate Phil from MS, but at the end of the day he works for MS, he works for their console division.

You want to talk about pot shots?, try when they pulled the "this is how you share games on PS4" video, which was an obvious shot at what MS went with at the start of the gen.

I've no link to hunt for, as I'm not the one trying to split a man from a company he works for and is supposed to represent in the console division. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

flashfire926 said:
Lauster said:

You don't know what happens behind the scenes with all these publishers

But apparently you, a 16-year old boy playing videogames, do!

Sony may or may not have thrown some cash around to pursuade Capcom. It's well known Sony, like MS and Nintendo, have money hatted publishers in the past. Since all three have been found doing it, I so no reason to single out one company.

LudicrousSpeed said:
The Fury said:
The game isn't even finished yet, it's still in early access and they don't expect to finish the game in 2017 anyway, yet it's coming out on Xbox. I hope they get a finished product.

It's going into the early access program on Xbone, it wont be a finished product.

Oh... I didn't even know consoles did such a thing. I'd question buying and unfinished product as a digital game like that.

*looks at the rest of the industry and the whole update games later thing* Oh... er....

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Lauster said:

And to add this again I ask - how would Sony out moneyhat Nintendo?   Assuming the Sony is actually spending money to "keep" it from the switch (But not enough to keep it from PC and Xbox) why wouldn't Nintendo counter that? Why wouldn't Microsoft counter it?

If money was the only thing that put game A on Console B - Playstation would have no games.  The Xbox would be a bigger success than the ps2, 4, and wii combined.

Nintendo would own Japan with every game being on the 3ds and switch.

exactly why Sony paid Capcom.

anyways, why would Xbox counter? Japanese games sell little to nothing on their console, even in NA. Nintendo still owns Japan with stuff like splatoon and the fact that switch is handheld. This is Sony countering Nintendo in Japan.

playstation have a robust first and second party, and these Capcom games are third party. This is only in addition to the big exclusive library they have. Of course they won't let uncharted or Detroit or Spider-Man out of PlayStation. If this happened during ps2 generation, it would have little to no effect.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

The Fury said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

It's going into the early access program on Xbone, it wont be a finished product.

Oh... I didn't even know consoles did such a thing. I'd question buying and unfinished product as a digital game like that.

*looks at the rest of the industry and the whole update games later thing* Oh... er....

The program is much further along on Xbone than PS4. That's probably why PUBG is coming to Xbox timed exclusive in the first place.

Chazore said:

I'm well aware of the arguments here trying to separate Phil from MS, but at the end of the day he works for MS, he works for their console division.

You want to talk about pot shots?, try when they pulled the "this is how you share games on PS4" video, which was an obvious shot at what MS went with at the start of the gen.

I've no link to hunt for, as I'm not the one trying to split a man from a company he works for and is supposed to represent in the console division. 

A more accurate example would be Sony pulling the "This is how you Share games" and implementing DRM a month later.

Aaron Greenberg is guilty of this too. Did we forget the Taco Bell fiasco? When he took shots at Sony for making deal with them some years ago and then hyping not so long ago a "New" Xbox One X deal with Taco Bell?

couchmonkey said:
DonFerrari said:

Because PSVita was decimating 3DS while Sony is scared that PS4 will bomb because of Switch. And they knew that even before Switch was rumored.

i don't think you know what decimating means...plus, PS4 is doing great.

Buuuut, I'd be the first to argue Sony shoukd be very, very afraid of Switch. PS5 could be in trouble.

@OT, MS mocking tined exclusives and tgen trying to add more is very funny, but it's been like 9 montgs sice Spencer made tge comments.  what this really receals is Spencer is probabky a very frustrated guy right now since he kniws timed exclusives are a sad tactic but Xbone has almost nothing else going for it.

Yes I do. Is basically to kill people to a point only 10% of the original numbers remain.

So Sony is so afraid that Switch will kill the not announced PS5 that they are moneyhatting a game for PS4?

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

So Sony paid for the development of the game (MHW) but should let Nintendo benefit from the expenditure they made? And for some odd reason they already allowed X1 and PC to benefit from it?

Xone and PC have a non existent MH fanbase compared to PS4. Those versions being there or not doesn't affect the PS4 version one bit. No, obviously if they paid for it than it shouldn't be on switch, so Nintendo doesn't take all the benefits. I get that. I'm just trying to get across the point that Sony DID pay for it. 

So considering both have a non-existent MH fanbase then Sony wouldn't have to pay much for it to be full exclusive, which would give it much more spotlight. Ok you don't make sense...

Even more when you say Capcom doesn't have money to develop the game, but that Sony only paid for marketing and keep Nintendo out.

You try to make an inexistent point fending it precisely in a way that you try to make sense.

And sorry to put it this way... but when you pay to help development you aren't paying to keep it out of other platforms (like ROTR) but for it to exist in the first place (SF V).

And on your point that 3 years ago WiiU was ahead of PS4, do you really think MHW would be playable on WiiU? And you also ignore the point that possibly Capcom is looking at a WW scenario not only Japan. Also on the localizing there have been a plethora of companies that have limited localizing and inconsistent policies.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LudicrousSpeed said:

The program is much further along on Xbone than PS4. That's probably why PUBG is coming to Xbox timed exclusive in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why ($$$$ and more $) but prefer a finished product which is updated, not an unfinished product which is finished later.

Hmm, pie.