By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18 on Switch accounted for 1% of all UK physical copies sold

GoOnKid said:

Gosh, I hate EA so much!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest. Please go on, thread.

You should hate Nintendo for being completely cheap with their hardware (that's why there won't be RDR2 or MHW on the Switch). Can't wait for Doom and L.A noire to flop.

Around the Network

Anyway... I found pretty funny how the same people who were saying that Switch games selling well is because we have nothing to play. And now they're saying that third party games don't sell well on the same console. C'mon, at least have some consistency in your arguments. This is a case of: "we're going to bash the Switch no matter what". I found this a bit tiresome.

IkePoR said:

So...

Ultra Street Fighter II sells half a million copies - "cuz Switch has no gamez"

Fifa 18 sells poorly - "Nintendo fans don't like 3rd party gamez"

Pick one.

Speaking of USFII, that game sold more  finished on 10th place in its first week in the UK, below BotW. Who knows, maybe FIFA 18 sold well elsewhere. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

V-r0cK said:
Expected. I wont be surprised if EA started dropping everything that's suppose to come out to the Switch.

This was always going to be an issue with 3rd party "multiplat" games and the Switch; Is it worth it for companies to spend extra time and money on a system with a much lower install base to get an even lower of sales?

Was this version, released in 2013 on a 13 year old system, worth EA's time and money to port onto almost 2 gen old technology?    

And by your "lower install base" logic, no new consoles should ever receive 3rd party games during their launch year.

Ka-pi96 said:
OTBWY said:

Can you tell me which one is weaker? Because if we're talking about the ME or LA, then that's a different conversation.

Every single one except for the US, Japan, France and Germany.

It depends on how you look at it. It might be that percentage-wise UK might be one of the worst Nintendo territories (I don't have numbers for this so I don't really know though ). Which is what we're getting in these numbers actually. In numbers of consoles, it's important though. That's for sure.

Around the Network

In other news, NS comprised 100% of MK8 DX sales.

Not surprisingly, this thread is a thinly veiled stab at the Switch audience.

RolStoppable said:
I am proud of Switch owners in the UK and I must admit that I didn't expect this from them.

Me too.

I hope that the same happens to NBA 2K18 for Switch the next NPD.

PEEPer0nni said:

It would be sad, but if all EA Sports games are going to be inferior versions of the original games, maybe other companies can try and fill their hole.

Lol didn't you Nintendo guys say that you're okay with graphical downgrades because portability is more important? Sorry to break it to you but Switch will always have the inferior version of EVERY multiplatform game that comes out on that system.

Oh my really?? my mind is blown.

Ka-pi96 said:
Volterra_90 said:

It depends on how you look at it. It might be that percentage-wise UK might be one of the worst Nintendo territories (I don't have numbers for this so I don't really know though ). Which is what we're getting in these numbers actually. In numbers of consoles, it's important though. That's for sure.

Percentage wise Nintendo's market share for current systems is only 3.7% lower than the US. Is the US one of Nintendo's worst territories too now?
Lifetime Nintendo marketshare of PS3/PS4/Vita/X360/XOne/3DS/WiiU/Switch as per VGC (UK: 15.88%, US: 19.59%)

Besides, even if they had only 15% market share in the UK, that would still mean a lot more than even 100% market share in some countries.

OK thanks, that's what I was looking. Though I guess Switch is at a way lower percentage globally, because PS4/One have way more time in the market. It's hard to analyse these numbers correctly and call FIFA 18 a flop yet imho. Everything depends on stock and EA's expectations.

Though I can agree with some comments that there were some games releasing that week which deserved more attention though XD. But, well, that's just my opinion.

RolStoppable said:
Player2 said:

Me too.

I hope that the same happens to NBA 2K18 for Switch the next NPD.

Should be rather easy to accomplish because NBA 2K18 didn't even have a physical release in September, although the eShop charts for the US have been looking worrisome with NBA 2K18 topping the charts. Should hopefully change soon, because eShop releases started to pick up at the end of September. It's a lot better to see deserving games like SteamWorld Dig 2 or Golf Story at the top.

Why don't some of you want FIFA or 2K to do well on the switch? Shouldn't you want 3rd party games to do well?

I have both games on my switch and enjoy playing them on the go.