By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
p0isonparadise said:
Neon Switch is sold out again.

I really wouldn't worry about that. Just include it until it's not on the list anymore. Keep it simple for yourself. When I stopped doing it I saw people making it more and more complex and knew they'd eventually get bored of doing it. That's why I kept it simple and only included what was interesting to most people. For instance, I only included preorders of exclusives in the software list and also only included those 'outside of the month of release' if they got into the top 20. Any within the month of release were included whereever they were in the charts. It's up to you of course. Example:

HARDWARE:
#05 NiS Grey (same)
#16 PS4 UC4 (same)
#23 NiS Neon (up 1)
#30 NES (up 7)
#41 NES Eu Version (same)
#88 XB1 Minecraft (re-entry)
#95 XB1 Battlefield (up 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:

#03 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (same)
#06 NiS Mario Kart 8 Delux (up 1)
#18 PS4 Persona 5 (up 1)
#57 PS3 Persona 5 (down 11)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20:**

PS4: 1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

I've always included any sold out SKU on the list as long as it was in the top 100, of course. I was just poiting it out so people wouldn't be asking in a day or two, "why is neon switch dropping so much?".

Around the Network
Peach_buggy said:
I don't understand how Nintendo appears to have more stock of the grey joycons than the neon/red on Amazon. From what i've noticed The neons are far more sought after!

p0isonparadise said:

I've always included any sold out SKU on the list as long as it was in the top 100, of course. I was just poiting it out so people wouldn't be asking in a day or two, "why is neon switch dropping so much?".

Ah, OK. Do you want me to put it back to the format it was before I had to take a break? You can then just copy and paste it easily. It will make life MUCH simpler and people were happy with the format. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
p0isonparadise said:

Ah, OK. Do you want me to put it back to the format it was before I had to take a break? You can then just copy and paste it easily. It will make life MUCH simpler and people were happy with the format. 

Sure, sounds good to me.

I think Nintendo has October NPD in the bag,

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:

Sure, sounds good to me.

OK. I'm sure you're also aware of the fact all you need to do is cut from the main page and then switch to Rich Text to paste? You probably do but I'm just mentioning it because for the longest time I was actually manually rebolding and formatting.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
p0isonparadise said:

Sure, sounds good to me.

OK. I'm sure you're also aware of the fact all you need to do is cut from the main page and then switch to Rich Text to paste? You probably do but I'm just mentioning it because for the longest time I was actually manually rebolding and formatting.

Don't worry, I figured that out shortly after I started doing the updates. 

p0isonparadise said:

It took me well over a year to find that out ...

I'll tell you what I'll do. If I'm here and I see it hasn't been updated for 5 hours I'll fill in for you. I can't be consistant though, sorry. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
p0isonparadise said:

It took me well over a year to find that out ...

I'll tell you what I'll do. If I'm here and I see it hasn't been updated for 5 hours I'll fill in for you. I can't be consistant though, sorry. 

That's fine! I haven't been updating as much recently due lack of any notable movement. I would only update every 8-12 hours and any SKU would either be up or down a spot or two, same goes for software. But things are starting to pick up now, which is good.

Yeah, I like the idea of both of you updating the thread when you can.
I'm pretty amazed that microsoft hasn't released another wave of preorders on to amazon. Are there any preorders for the X available anywhere still? I'm not looking to buy one, just curious if any are still out there. Can be online or brick and mortar.

I know it's not a new gen but it is a newer console for them and a chance to "rebrand" themselves. Like what Sony did with the PS3 when it went to 299 back in the day. I don't know I just kind of expected MS to go out bigger with the marketing, what are we like 3 weeks away?