By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Bandorr said:

If he actually is Crapgamer, he is used to facing embarassment on a daily basis. 

I'm more interested in the theory that Switch is going to take November and December.  Not only would that be impressive for switch, and give the majority of the NPDS this year (and starting two months late),

it means Xbox will have gotten NO NPDS this year.  To release a "new" console with pre orders included and NOT win a month would be fascinating.

When is the last time Xbox actually didn't win an NPD? 

About the molded: Do you mean when was the last time it actually won an NPD? That makes it sound like they nearly always win.

Peorders should guarentee the X1X wins at least ONE month, but what our friend isn't realising is Amazon follows daily and weekly sales and then, following the monthly summary, begins affresh. I think he's under the impression that XB1 will be in the lead for ALL those months following its release when it's not even guarenteed it will be in the lead for ALL the FIRST month. He's made his bed so let him lie in it. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
GribbleGrunger said:

About the molded: Do you mean when was the last time it actually won an NPD? That makes it sound like they nearly always win.

Peorders should guarentee the X1X wins at least ONE month, but what our friend isn't realising is Amazon follows daily and weekly sales and then, following the monthly summary, begins affresh. I think he's under the impression that XB1 will be in the lead for ALL those months following its release when it's not even guarenteed it will be in the lead for ALL the FIRST month. He's made his bed so let him lie in it. 

I mean a singular NPD. Like 2014, and 2015 they won two. 2016 they won 4. So far they havent won one this year.

I thought Trump would make America great again.

Didn't Sony only sell 250k pros in its first npd. Ms will most likely loose November but if it only does 200k or 300k x's it isn't because no one wants it. Shipments are obviously very low.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Didn't Sony only sell 250k pros in its first npd. Ms will most likely loose November but if it only does 200k or 300k x's it isn't because no one wants it. Shipments are obviously very low.

PSPro + PS4 = PS4
XB1 + X1X = XB1

It's the same market. Only those desparate to take a win from a loss are inclined to differentiate between the models, in the same way people isolate the UK from Europe in order to take a win from a loss. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
hudsoniscool said:

PSPro + PS4 = PS4
XB1 + X1X = XB1

It's the same market. Only those desparate to take a win from a loss are inclined to differentiate between the models, in the same way people isolate the UK from Europe in order to take a win from a loss. 

Damn that was cold but true...

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
hudsoniscool said:

PSPro + PS4 = PS4
XB1 + X1X = XB1

Didn't you do this with your Fifa Switch sales in UK thread? 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

Didn't you do this with your Fifa Switch sales in UK thread? 

No I didn't. I was merely making an observation based on a result from the UK and so it is UK centric. How it sold elsewhere is still not known, or if it is, I haven't seen it. And that was just an example to help express what I meant in order to clarify. I find it interesting that you've chosen to attack my 'example' and not address my main point. This is deflection. Why on EARTH would I need to use the 1% Switch sales to offset a HUGE advantage in sales of the PS4 FIFA version? Even if it sold 10% on the Switch, I wouldn't need to separate the markets in Europe in order to take a win. All I have to do is quote the EXACT sales numbers. 

What you and others will do is pick and choose. If the X1X leads in the charts then you'll say 'XB' is killing it, if the X1X is behind the PS4 then you'll then change it to 'X1X is beating Pro'. That's what I mean by breaking the models up in order to take a loss from a win. They are the same market. What matters in deciding who wins the month is which 'brand' is in the lead. It's that simple.

The PS5 Exists. 

14 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#5 NS Grey (same)
#16 SNES Classic (down 1)
#24 NS Mario (down 2)
#40 NS Neon (up 1)
#45 PS4 Pro Destiny (up 2)
#49 PS4 Slim (up 2)
#79 XBO S (down 1)
#95 PS4 Pro (down 14)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#13 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (up 5)
#20 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (up 1)
#23 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (same)*
#28 PS4 The Evil Within 2 (up 7)
#33 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (down 5)*
#38 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 1)*
#42 NS Fire Emblem Warriors
#43 XBO Call of Duty: WWII (same)*

Does not affect this month: *

Ok for real, what the fuck is going on with Mario Odyssey?
It's been first for like... too much... and there are still 2 weeks before the release.

This game is gonna do insane numbers lol

Ryng_Tolu said:
Ok for real, what the fuck is going on with Mario Odyssey?
It's been first for like... too much... and there are still 2 weeks before the release.

This game is gonna do insane numbers lol

I'm excited to see what the numbers for this game come out to be. It will have the single game going through at #1 the whole month and the bundle trailing it.

That should help in understanding what kind of numbers those PSN cards have been doing. Those things have always been topping the sales chart.