By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

xl-klaudkil said:
Hmzz ps4bundel still out of stock.

Switch shortages solved? Seen it in stock for couple of days now.

Mario is just wow!

Andrew House stepped down at Sony because they ran out of Playstations.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Nintendo is absolutely insane right now. This is gonna be the best holidays since years for the company,

I must admit, as much as I'm a Nintendo fan (in the UK no less), I never expected this kind of success. I never got to experience the initial Wii insanity, because I was very much into PC gaming back then. But now, experiencing it, witnessing it. It is something else.

Always expected it.

I made my prediction about the Switch back in Janurary 2017 (and sadly no one can understand because i speak Italy), but in summary, i predicted 15 million Switch shipped in 2017, and 80 million lifetime.

In the end, with all stock issue and all, Switch may still ship 15 million or something, while lifetime sales should be higher than that, just because if in the first year Switch sells about the same or barely less than i expected with all those stock issue, there is no doubt lifetime sales are gonna be better.

I personally think Switch should easy surpass 100 million right now.

By the way, i'm really satisfied with this prediction. Even if it can be a bit off, is probabily the best prediction ever back in January 2017, when mostt people thought Switch would be a flop, and seriusly only a few people expected 10 million or more this year.

13 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#6 NS Neon (same)
#9 SNES Classic (down 2)
#11 NS Grey (down 1)
#27 NS Mario (down 2)
#41 N2DSXL Pokeball (down 4)*
#62 PS4 Slim (same)
#69 PS4 Pro (down 1)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#10 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (up 1)
#25 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (up 4)
#32 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (down 2)*
#33 XOne Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (up 4)
#34 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (down 1)*
#36 NS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition (down 1)*
#37 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (up 2)
#42 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War Gold Edition
#47 NS Fire Emblem Warriors
#50 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 5)*

Does not affect this month: *

Ryng_Tolu said:
OTBWY said:

I must admit, as much as I'm a Nintendo fan (in the UK no less), I never expected this kind of success. I never got to experience the initial Wii insanity, because I was very much into PC gaming back then. But now, experiencing it, witnessing it. It is something else.

Always expected it.

I made my prediction about the Switch back in Janurary 2017 (and sadly no one can understand because i speak Italy), but in summary, i predicted 15 million Switch shipped in 2017, and 80 million lifetime.

In the end, with all stock issue and all, Switch may still ship 15 million or something, while lifetime sales should be higher than that, just because if in the first year Switch sells about the same or barely less than i expected with all those stock issue, there is no doubt lifetime sales are gonna be better.

I personally think Switch should easy surpass 100 million right now.

By the way, i'm really satisfied with this prediction. Even if it can be a bit off, is probabily the best prediction ever back in January 2017, when mostt people thought Switch would be a flop, and seriusly only a few people expected 10 million or more this year.

Molto bene!

I don't know Italian that well but I can see that it was well thought out. I however, after the WiiU didn't have much faith. Sure, I did think it was going to sell better than the WiiU, but not as much as the 3DS. This however, is going to sell better than both combined I think.

Forza died so quickly. And Nintendo is on top of the world right now. PS4 software continues to trump its competitors and the hardware creeping up every so slowly. I think some Xbox One S bundles are MIA. At this point, not knowing Sony's holiday plans, I saw they are the wildcard for hardware sales. There is almost no way for Nintendo to lose November. But predicting second place is much harder. Microsoft is launching the X model and Sony has the Pro which may be almost a third cheaper in a month. With PS4 and Xbox One S dropping to 199 this holiday, It will be a matter of which OG console can sell the most. The Scorpio and Pro can both push 400k each but it will be down to the older models to see who wins.

I think losing to Nintendo will be insetting for Xbox One's X launch, if it loses to the PS4 also then there will be an interesting analysis as to what happened.

Oh and wildcard, if the Pro goes to $299 (it wont), then Sony will probably win November.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

What does Nintendo have coming in November? October is  Mario O. December is Xenoblade.

What is in November that can compete with the pre orders from a "new" console?

Sonic Forces, Skyrim and LA Noire are the big releases. But Mario will push switch, for like... forever

Click HERE and be happy 

Bandorr said:
CosmicSex said:
Forza died so quickly. And Nintendo is on top of the world right now. PS4 software continues to trump its competitors and the hardware creeping up every so slowly. I think some Xbox One S bundles are MIA. At this point, not knowing Sony's holiday plans, I saw they are the wildcard for hardware sales. There is almost no way for Nintendo to lose November. But predicting second place is much harder. Microsoft is launching the X model and Sony has the Pro which may be almost a third cheaper in a month. With PS4 and Xbox One S dropping to 199 this holiday, It will be a matter of which OG console can sell the most. The Scorpio and Pro can both push 400k each but it will be down to the older models to see who wins.

I think losing to Nintendo will be insetting for Xbox One's X launch, if it loses to the PS4 also then there will be an interesting analysis as to what happened.

Oh and wildcard, if the Pro goes to $299 (it wont), then Sony will probably win November.

What does Nintendo have coming in November? October is  Mario O. December is Xenoblade.

What is in November that can compete with the pre orders from a "new" console?

Thecbig factor in november is that it will be riding the wave from Odyssey.  It will stay quite high.  Especially with the Odyssey bundle.  Also, possible Black Friday deals like a discount on said bundle or a 299 Breath of the Wild bundle.  

But the other big factor is that the Xbox One X isn't nearly as hyped as many expected it to be.  It will have a good launch I think.  But will it be exceptional?  I don't think so.

Uncharted is hanging around top 20 still, good to see

looks like Mario is set for good sales. Will certainly beat 3D World sales of 5.5m, will hopefully beat Mario Galaxy 2 at 7.5m as well.

Mario and Switches are killing it!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Middle-earth : Shadow of war, Marketing deal with Xbox...... still sells better on PS4.
#9th vs #24th.

Thats gotta suck..... maybe MS do a bundle?