By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Yearly Charts: Number of Games Comparison

Bandorr said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
XB1 is really holding it's own when it comes to software sales. With PS4 outselling it 2:1 you would expect 2:1 software sales. But we aren't really seeing that.

How are you getting that from the chart? 2017 is more than double. If you combine 2017 and 2016 - they are still double it.

Infact if you add up 2013 to 2017 and double it.. the ps4 is 9 short of doubling them.

Well on a year by year basis 2017 is the only year to actually be double. 

Around the Network

So, the Vita had one in 2015 and 2016, but none from 2012-2014? I'm surprised, because i thought 2012 would have been the peak year.

axumblade said:

Are you planning to keep it up Flilix? 

I'll try to update it every few months (if I don't forget about this thread).

VGPolyglot said:
So, the Vita had one in 2015 and 2016, but none from 2012-2014? I'm surprised, because i thought 2012 would have been the peak year.

Minecraft is the only Vita game that ever got into the top 100.

3DS and Switch launched at the same time of the year, but Switch 2017 is already ahead of 3DS 2011 with 4.5 months left to go.

Flilix said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
PS3 10 years of support confirmed ;)

Also wow at PS4 numbers. That's madness and the year isn't even close to being over yet..

I doubt PS4 numbers will be higher by the end of the year.

2017 has been a poor year for XOne so far, but most of the big multiplats release at the end of the year. Also, the XBONEX releases soon, so sales for XOne will be higher.

Since XOne will be doing better, PS4 numbers will probably be down a little bit. (Of course, they'll still be a lot higher than anything else.)

All of the multiplats will sell higher on PS4 even with the XBX. In worldwide stats PS4 is always ontop... But we'll see. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Not much of a competition for Gen 8

Now with the Switch, it will be interesting to see

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ruler said:
okr said:
Please remove PC, the VGC sales numbers are ridiculous and outright wrong.

Yeah because PC is not on top?

Cute try but no, that’s not the reason.

PC games are sold mostly digital.

To name the most obvious and famous example: The 27 million copies of Minecraft sold on PC and Mac are completely missing on VGC, the PC version would be in every year’s top 100 from 2009-2017 if VGC was able to track digital numbers. 

Other examples:

Nier Automata PC: 0.01 million on VGC vs. 0,6 million on Steamspy (Steamspy is the only somewhat reliable source for digital sales on PC)

Civ V: 1.69 million on VGC vs. 10.7 million on Steamspy

Civ VI: 0.42 million on VGC vs. 2.2 million Steamspy

Undertale: 0.0 on VGC vs. 2.8 million on Steamspy

Stardew Valley: 0.0 on VGC vs. 3.2 million on Steamspy

2018 is maybe the best games-year ever. At least for PS4 players. We need more life time for all the great games in the future.

Cerebralbore101 said:
XB1 is really holding it's own when it comes to software sales. With PS4 outselling it 2:1 you would expect 2:1 software sales. But we aren't really seeing that.

I know what you are thinking...... but it doesn't really work like that.

Especially when you are looking at the PS4 and XB1 aka the HD twins.

Intrinsic said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I know what you are thinking...... but it doesn't really work like that.

Especially when you are looking at the PS4 and XB1 aka the HD twins.

important is one thing: GAMES GAMES GAMES :) And thats why, the PS4 dominate every year versus the xbox. Because Exclusives and perfect west/japan-support is the key.