By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In terms of Indies, Nintendo's support is best this year

Lawlight said:
Louie said:

But isn't Sony making a mistake here? Switch is getting very good Indie support already and we've had multiple stories of Indie games selling best on the Switch. Nintendo is also treating Indies very well right now. If we look into the future, the trend for Indies to target the Switch exclusively could become even stronger. The Switch is currently in an upwards spiral: Decent support leads to better hardware sales, leading to better third party sales, which in turn increases support. Sony has to make sure they react in time. Market leaders always fail because they lose sight of the small things. Sony has to react now and make sure Nintendo's support doesn't move upmarket: First Indie support, then Indie exclusives, now AA games like Skyrim and Doom -  the Switch is gathering momentum and we're at a point where the only reason some publishers don't release their games on Switch is because of the weaker hardware. But what if they shift resources to the Switch next? Sony can't wait for that to happen. By then, it will be too late.

It could be a mistake by Sony but given the amount of content coming to the PS4, I guess they decided that promoting indies can be sacrified. That doesn't mean that Sony isn't doing anything for indie devs though. They must be doing something right given the support that they have from indie devs. There's dozens of indie games released every week.

And you're saying Switch is on the rise - I'm not sure it can take away enough sales from the PS4 to make a difference. And as you say - the Switch is too weak to get the big games.

Seems like the Japanese are loving the Switch more than PS4 but that is a hand held focused territory.  Now explain PS4 losing out to Switch in NPD recently and I believe Switch will be on top again for the remainder of the year.  Mario is about to drop.

Around the Network
Conina said:
sethnintendo said:

Well indie games make most their money on Nintendo platforms compared to other platforms.

SOME indie games made most of their money on Nintendo platforms compared to other platforms. Thousands of other indie games made most of their money on PSN, XBL, PC, iOS or Android.

Yea well release a good platformer or puzzler and you might get rewarded.   Just don't put out crap like RCMadiax did on Wii U or your only consumer would be spurge.  I'll put the some in my post to make it more accurate. 

Louie said:

If we look into the future, the trend for Indies to target the Switch exclusively could become even stronger.

What trend of exclusive Switch indies? The most indies on Switch are multiplatform and most of these were available on other problems way sooner.

So far, Indies on Switch are catching up, but I don't see any trend for Indies to target the Switch exclusively.

Goodnightmoon said:
Rem87919394 said:
100% incorrect. The amount of indies and good ones at that on PS4 is staggering. This is ultra pro Nintendo place. So most will probably ignore the facts and agree with the OP. Switch does have some decent indies but it'll never be the best system for indies

The console itself is better suited for indies than any other, you are the one ignoring that fact and using the numbers argument instead, of course a console released few months ago has less games than one released 4 years back, that's such an obvious and lame point.

Using the numbers argument? You mean using a factual argument? I don't have time to go back and forth with a delusional fanboy. As this has become a place for delusional Nintendo fanboys. PS4 has more indies and a wider rant of variety than Switch. The PC blows them all away. The only argument I see here is "the switch is portable". Outside of Japan that doesn't really mean much. Check the charts. People lie but actual "numbers" don't lie. I'll stay with my "numbers" argument😂😂😂😂😂. This isn't even a knock against Switch. It's just simple facts. I see why this place doesn't get nearly the traffic it used to

Banned for this post - Ryuu96

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

I should have said that its better than the PS4 in the same timeframe, since its not a "fair" contest if you compare the library the PS4 has built thus far, with the PS4 being almost 4 years old.And while yes, each indie game of higher profile gets a bigger spotlight because of the Switch being a newer console and not having "many" games to market or compete attention with, you could also say that Nintendo is just plain doing a better job at promoting the indies it has than Sony, the same way that Sony gave them a bigger spotlight in the early years of the PS4.

And about the PC side of things, I think it can come close to matching it in the same timeframe.I will admit that on this one Im a bit biased because Im a console gamer, but Nintendo does have some excellent exclusive indies on its machine and makes a case against the PC, even if its a weak one.

About the site being more Nintendo oriented, I dont think thats the case.Again, with the Switch being a newer system, it does get a bigger slice of the attention than the PS4 and XOne, but honestly, the fanbase or at least admiration of Sony and Nintendo here is somewhat even, even if it tends to be a bit more Nintendo oriented.I am a fan of Sony and Nintendo for example.But that doesnt impede me from congratulating Nintendo for doing a splendid work.

Sadly Smeags is not around anymore and you might have missed his greatest games yearly voting threads, but the thing was a Nintendo fest, as is any subject associated with Nintendo here way more than it is out of here.

As someone that has been deeply observing this forums until some months ago, now I'm quite alienated to be honest, I've presencied a massive amout of Nintendo fans here compared to other places im general, and most of the PS and XB fanbase leaving the site (PS guys moved in lots to VizionEck, XB guys started leaving the site once Titanfall didn't get XBO its month NPD).

This forums has still a decent amount of PS fans, but from the vocal, active crowd, it doesn't even compare to the Nintendo lot.

I'm a PS guy myself and if I go check my friend list here I'm sure there will be more Nintendo guys than PS guys there, for example xP

No problem with that, but it is a Nintendo oriented forum.

This place has clearly become a Nintendo fanboy page. Even the bans seem to always work in the fanboys favor. This place is completely different from years ago. Better places for balanced discussions 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
And this is why I dont like when Nintendo does well. Any moderate success is instantly turned into some massive hyperbole like this threads premise

Even though I agree, you need to stop with this attitude that it's only Nintendo. PS4 literally had one of the worst 2-3 first years of its life and it was selling like hot cakes and everyone was praising it. People gethappy when companies succeed. Its not jist Nintendo fans, as much as your hatred would like you to think

sethnintendo said:
Lawlight said:

It could be a mistake by Sony but given the amount of content coming to the PS4, I guess they decided that promoting indies can be sacrified. That doesn't mean that Sony isn't doing anything for indie devs though. They must be doing something right given the support that they have from indie devs. There's dozens of indie games released every week.

And you're saying Switch is on the rise - I'm not sure it can take away enough sales from the PS4 to make a difference. And as you say - the Switch is too weak to get the big games.

Seems like the Japanese are loving the Switch more than PS4 but that is a hand held focused territory.  Now explain PS4 losing out to Switch in NPD recently and I believe Switch will be on top again for the remainder of the year.  Mario is about to drop.

I think you're forgetting that 1 of the 4 months the PS4 lost against the Switch was because it was the launch month of the Switch. The rest of the wins have low margins - as low as 5K. Could be due to the release of anticipated Switch games like Splatoon. In any case, the US is a close race in the months post the Switch launch month. And the Switch is expected to sell more than the PS4 as it is the newer console. You're also forgetting that the US is still only 1 country.

Yeah, maybe that's a bit of a bold claim to make. I suppose the best platform for indies would be the console which provides them the most sales, which varies per game. It may be that certain genres sell better on certain platforms? Looking up some sales charts may have paint a better picture. It's def a plus when indie games can branch out to as many devices as possible.

With all that said though, the added portability of the Switch does make it more enticing out of the 3 main platforms, personally.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Rem87919394 said:

This place has clearly become a Nintendo fanboy page. Even the bans seem to always work in the fanboys favor. This place is completely different from years ago. Better places for balanced discussions 

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
StarOcean said:
And this is why I dont like when Nintendo does well. Any moderate success is instantly turned into some massive hyperbole like this threads premise

Even though I agree, you need to stop with this attitude that it's only Nintendo. PS4 literally had one of the worst 2-3 first years of its life and it was selling like hot cakes and everyone was praising it. People gethappy when companies succeed. Its not jist Nintendo fans, as much as your hatred would like you to think

Care to elaborate on the bolded?