By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just turned back my 100th snes customer

Carl2291 said:
I got 2. Suck it nerds.

Can you send me one? It looks like it's going to be hell to get one in Canada.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Oh Nintendo with the this supply and demand stuff. They're definitely doing this on purpose. No question about it.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

RolStoppable said:
KLAMarine said:

wat?

The SNES Mini is so cheap because NIntendo has no clue. The people who manage to get one pay next to nothing for it.

If Nintendo had gotten their act together, the SNES Mini in this configuration would be $149, not $79. What Nintendo is doing is pretty much the equivalent of a pub serving the best beer in town and selling their beer at half the price of all competition. Of course that drives up demand to a ridiculous level and scalpers will be able to get $150 for each SNES Mini, because that's what most people would have been willing to pay anyway.

Ah, I see. Good point.

I got a ticket for one at BestBuy.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I told my wife I wanted an SNES mini, so she is out looking for one this morning. She didn't preorder, so I'm fully expecting her to come back empty-handed.

Looks like she's going to be the one sleeping on the couch tonight.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLAMarine said:

wat?

The SNES Mini is so cheap because NIntendo has no clue. The people who manage to get one pay next to nothing for it.

If Nintendo had gotten their act together, the SNES Mini in this configuration would be $149, not $79. What Nintendo is doing is pretty much the equivalent of a pub serving the best beer in town and selling their beer at half the price of all competition. Of course that drives up demand to a ridiculous level and scalpers will be able to get $150 for each SNES Mini, because that's what most people would have been willing to pay anyway.

IIRC they don't make money on the Mini. It costs them like $77 to make. Retailers just stock for the increased foot traffic.

RaptorChrist said:
Yesterday was my birthday, and I told my wife I wanted an SNES mini, so she is out looking for one this morning. She didn't preorder, so I'm fully expecting her to come back empty-handed.

Looks like she's going to be the one sleeping on the couch tonight.

Don't count her out yet. Women are very resourceful. More so than men.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Ganoncrotch said:
squibbfire said:
The 3 stores i stopped at said that the demand for SNES mini is about 4 times that of the nintendo switch WOW

so expect 24 million sales by the end of the year. Good stuff.

no nintendo wont produce that much...they want that demand to be palpable..

Wouldn't be easier to call the store before going there?

Don't buy that Nintendo isn't making money off theses Mini systems. That chip costs maybe $20-$30 in bulk orders that are into the millions, gimme a break.

On the flipside it looks like Switch supply is starting to catch up to demand, while everyone is scrambling for a SNES Classic, I noticed in several stores that Switch systems are definitely there on store shelves.