By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR 2 announcement set for September 28. What could it be?

What is the announcement

Nintendo Switch port 33 28.70%

PC port 13 11.30%

Release Date 17 14.78%

Remastered version of RDR 1 with RDR 2 8 6.96%

Delay 3 2.61%

Gameplay Reveal/Story Reveal 41 35.65%

Total:115
Darashiva said:
The cynic in me is worried that it's going to be some kind of microtransaction crap, but most likely it's an announcement for a port or just a new trailer.

I was gonna put microtransaction in the poll but I don't think they would hype that up. But than again... Bethesda hyped up Creation Club.... so anything is possible.

Around the Network

They don't have to announce a PC port. That's already a given.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Switch versiooooon!!!

More realistically, just a gameplay trailer.

Smartie900 said:
Darashiva said:
The cynic in me is worried that it's going to be some kind of microtransaction crap, but most likely it's an announcement for a port or just a new trailer.

I was gonna put microtransaction in the poll but I don't think they would hype that up. But than again... Bethesda hyped up Creation Club.... so anything is possible.

Yeah, I don't really expect them to announce something like that, but in recent years I've lost quite a lot of trust when it comes to AAA developers, so I'm going to expect the worst and if something actually good happens I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Why would they hype a Switch port? They could just release it on Switch eventually and it would sell like hot cakes. It's not like they need to make a big deal out of it. I don't even think they're priorities are even set on Nintendo right now ... only PS4/XBONE/PC. I don't think you guys realize, these ports like DOOM, are a way bigger deal for us then for the publishing companies. 

Around the Network

Coming to Switch!
xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
They don't have to announce a PC port. That's already a given.

As given as a PC port of the original Red Dead Redemption?

Different circumstances back then. A PC port wouldn't have justified the costs associated with it. After all, the plague of micro transactions wasn't in full force and publishers didn't have all the tools to squeeze out money from games that they have now.

GTA V sold about 8m copies on Steam and still has a very active community around GTA Online which is full of micro transactions. RDR will be milked to no end as well and they'd be really really stupid to not cash in on PC players. It's still T2 we're talking about here.

https://www.destructoid.com/gta-v-publisher-we-can-do-more-microtransactions-with-our-under-monetized-users-439163.phtml

RDR2 uses the same engine as GTAV. There really is no reason not to port it to PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm thinking maybe a Switch port.

Switch exclusive!...or, you know, just a gameplay trailer. 

I think they would port GTA 5 before RDR 2, if there is a chance of a port. The game was made for ps3 and x360 and ran fine on both, after all. 

R* are so big that a trailer would be seen as significant, so therefore it's ALL they need to focus on. I'll go with that. I'm not discounting a remaster though.

The PS5 Exists.