Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart: what sells better - SMO or CoD WWII (PS4)?

What sells better in pre-orders?

Call of Duty: WWII (PS4) 141 54.65%

Super Mario Odyssey 117 45.35%

Total:258
Pok87 said:
Update

Looks like Odyssey will win easily.

I mean if we're talking about which will win the inaccurate pre-order charts sure. CoD being the actual sales winner is essentially confirmed already.

Mario Odyssey - 1.1m  (first 5 days in USA, retail + digital).

Call of Duty WW2 > 1.4m (Likely well over as this figure is doubling the retail copies of IW's USA launch only, and it's the best selling digital launch on PS4 ever.) - (selling twice as many units in its opening weekend as last year, and setting the day one record for full-game downloads on PlayStation 4.)

Around the Network

Update

In 2017 probably win CoD (even if VGC track more preorders for Mario), but in LTE sales Odyssey may win.

Barkley said:
Pok87 said:
Update

Looks like Odyssey will win easily.

I mean if we're talking about which will win the inaccurate pre-order charts sure. CoD being the actual sales winner is essentially confirmed already.

Mario Odyssey - 1.1m  (first 5 days in USA, retail + digital).

Call of Duty WW2 > 1.4m (Likely well over as this figure is doubling the retail copies of IW's USA launch only, and it's the best selling digital launch on PS4 ever.) - (selling twice as many units in its opening weekend as last year, and setting the day one record for full-game downloads on PlayStation 4.)

Is it possible for the Switch to win such a comparison while its installbase is like 1/8th of the PS4?

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

The winner is...

Super Mario Odyssey!!!

SMO - 331,699
vs
CoD:WWII (PS4) - 315,637

cod ww2 will have bigger sales in usa on ps4

Around the Network
Pok87 said: