By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is Sony making too much conferences during the year?

BraLoD said:
Sony stopped going to Gamescon since they were susccessful at PSX.
The surprise is TGS being so weak this last two years.

Eh, I don't know how you gauge that. There really aren't any major IPs for TGS that wouldn't be at E3 first (like how MH and FF are going to be given global stage). Dynasty Warriors 9  and Yakuza 6 were big announcements last year. What else could they show?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

but i didn't say that this my personal taste, my favorite type of game are jrpg's, but that doesn't mean i watch only the tgs. like i said at the beginning i'm watching too every sony conference during the year with a pleasure (if i have the time). but i thought with only 2 conferences during the year would maybe rise the number of new games per conference, but from the view of marketing maybe it's better this way

And why would concentrating the announcements help?

because i thought if there are only 2 conferences, but 4 - 5 new game announcements would make it feeling a better show because more news for one show, and maybe giving the developer more time for preparing good trailers for their games

ZODIARKrebirth said:
aLkaLiNE said:
No. Not every conference is supposed to appeal to you. PlayStation is a worldwide brand spanning all flavors of life so they need to have targeted marketing for each of these demographics.

The possibility that all of these conferences can appeal to one single individual is nothing short of excellent and why they're in the lead.

i don't know why you mean that every conference should appeal to me, that's not what i said

p.s. don't be rude only because in the WWW you didn't have to see the other person in face

You misunderstand my tone. I'm not being rude and not saying that every conference should appeal to any single person. I'm saying that there ARE people out there that can enjoy every single show they do within a year, and that's pretty incredible.

The way things are though, every show they put on isn't designed to appeal to a worldwide audience. It's merely 'icing on the cake' if it does, and I say this because Sony has to cater to many different audiences around the world that have a broad taste. Does that make sense? 

ZODIARKrebirth said:
DonFerrari said:

And why would concentrating the announcements help?

because i thought if there are only 2 conferences, but 4 - 5 new game announcements would make it feeling a better show because more news for one show, and maybe giving the developer more time for preparing good trailers for their games

Do you have any evidence that 2 better shows would benefit Sony more than 6 good ones?

Having less shows would have less games to show and would need to concentrate only on the few key titles that dominate shows like E3.

So the other guy wasn't even being rude on suggesting that you want Sony to make only 2 just so that they fit your taste or your need to say sony won E3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
outlawauron said:

Eh, I don't know how you gauge that. There really aren't any major IPs for TGS that wouldn't be at E3 first (like how MH and FF are going to be given global stage). Dynasty Warriors 9  and Yakuza 6 were big announcements last year. What else could they show?

A cool RPG would be good for a start.

Like showing a full console Granblue Fantasy

That's about as big as you'll find these from anyone outside of Square Enix.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

It would only be too many if they were in the same place, appealing to the same demographic, but that's not the case. The only region that's getting more than one conference this year is NA, and we're only getting 2. These conferences are designed to appeal to different regions by showing off what they can expect if they purchase the system. E3 and PSX are for NA, Gamescom and PGW are for Europe, TGS for Japan, etc. it's good that Sony's is going out of their way for this. It means they care about who's buying their product around the world.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

aLkaLiNE said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

i don't know why you mean that every conference should appeal to me, that's not what i said

p.s. don't be rude only because in the WWW you didn't have to see the other person in face

You misunderstand my tone. I'm not being rude and not saying that every conference should appeal to any single person. I'm saying that there ARE people out there that can enjoy every single show they do within a year, and that's pretty incredible.

The way things are though, every show they put on isn't designed to appeal to a worldwide audience. It's merely 'icing on the cake' if it does, and I say this because Sony has to cater to many different audiences around the world that have a broad taste. Does that make sense? 

seems i missunderstand you, if so i'm really sorry, wasn't my way to offend you

As long as they are interesting I would say no and they have all been interesting

Twitter @CyberMalistix

DonFerrari said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Do you have any evidence that 2 better shows would benefit Sony more than 6 good ones?

Having less shows would have less games to show and would need to concentrate only on the few key titles that dominate shows like E3.

So the other guy wasn't even being rude on suggesting that you want Sony to make only 2 just so that they fit your taste or your need to say sony won E3.

like i said it hasn't to do with my personal taste. i was only thinking if sony would concentrate on 2 shows they could rise the output of new game announcements on 2 shows, what would mean more games for show. and i don't think if there are 6 shows in the year the quality and quantity of games would be same if there would only be 2. today making games means long developement time and even sony (with many first party studios and third party) can't always bring up enough new games to make it a great conference, but that was only my opinion. like i mentioned, i too watch every conference with a big pleasure, regardless of what type of game they announce.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
DonFerrari said:

like i said it hasn't to do with my personal taste. i was only thinking if sony would concentrate on 2 shows they could rise the output of new game announcements on 2 shows, what would mean more games for show. and i don't think if there are 6 shows in the year the quality and quantity of games would be same if there would only be 2. today making games means long developement time and even sony (with many first party studios and third party) can't always bring up enough new games to make it a great conference, but that was only my opinion. like i mentioned, i too watch every conference with a big pleasure, regardless of what type of game they announce.

Still this doesn't explain how showing 40 very good games on 2 shows would be better for sony in sales than showing 40 very good games and other 60 good and average games on 6 shows.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."