By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Stock: Values Keep Rising

OTBWY said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Hmmm...I did just read that. Holy shit, I think you might be right ...

10M is nothing to scoff at but Fire Emblem being higher is confusing to me ... I don't know anything about Animal Crossing but it should be more popular WW than Fire Emblem especially in Japan. What I'm guessing, and again I'm not an AC fan so I don't know, but what I'm guessing is that the micro-transactionsaren't egregious enough and that because those games are common on phones it didn't do so well. Whereas ... if my understanding is correct .. Fire Emblem Heroes has micro transactions based on heroes? Which would make a lot of money given the kind of game FE is 

My feeling is that many (completely anecdotal) still rather want a "real" full Animal Crossing game. However, I think the separate releases and little coverage caused it to not be downloaded as much as previous entries. Either way, it still performed very well considering. I'm curious to see how Nintendo thinks about it in their next report.

Just need to announce the Switch game and then work out compatibility with phone game where you can earn bells or whatever and be able to transfer that to Switch character.  Would be like hooking the GBA up to the GC to be able to go to the island in the original Animal Crossing only this time you can actually move 6 feet away from the console while earning bells.

Around the Network

double post

OTBWY said:

Nothing heard from Offline as I expected.

Up 1.240 (2,87%) as of this moment.

Edit: Up 1.320 (3,06%)

You do know how these type of debates go? Someone will post it's down blah blah and declare its dropping then disappear when the recovery happens same thing happened in the linked thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=212593&page=1

Stocks began recovering days after the OP then he moved goal posts then days after the last post in the thread stocks were back up to his disputed level and nothing else was heard from him on the topic after that despite him demanding an apology from the forum.

offline said:
OTBWY said:

What is the main reason then?

I'm sure you've heard about the GOP tax bill, which has been dominating headlines for the past few weeks. The decision to lower corporate rates will have a huge impact on certain industries. The result is a rotation from tech stocks to other sectors like financials. The plunge in Nintendo's stock price is not an isolated event. If you take a look at the stock prices of other major game companies like Activsion Blizzard or Take Two, you'll notice a similar drop within the same timespan.

It wouldn't affect the Japanese stock exchange lol. Zero effect. It was absolutely the Animal Crossing news. Which is why Nintendo is already recovering since new was released that it would start publishing games in China. That and Mario Run is the top selling game on iOS in 2017.

OTBWY said:
offline said:

I'm sure you've heard about the GOP tax bill, which has been dominating headlines for the past few weeks. The decision to lower corporate rates will have a huge impact on certain industries. The result is a rotation from tech stocks to other sectors like financials. The plunge in Nintendo's stock price is not an isolated event. If you take a look at the stock prices of other major game companies like Activsion Blizzard or Take Two, you'll notice a similar drop within the same timespan.

It wouldn't affect the Japanese stock exchange lol. Zero effect. It was absolutely the Animal Crossing news. Which is why Nintendo is already recovering since new was released that it would start publishing games in China. That and Mario Run is the top selling game on iOS in 2017.

It's hard to take you seriously when you choose to ignore simple facts. Of course the GOP tax bill has an effect on overseas stock markets. Here are a few articles to make it easier for you to understand.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-tax-reform-bill-driving-stock-market-crazy-2017-11
Trump Tax Reform Bill Driving Stock Market Crazy
"Tech — While the selling in this space on Wednesday may have come as a surprise to some, it makes sense when you consider that the sector has the third-lowest tax rate out of any industry, according to data compiled by S&P Global. That means companies in the group have less to gain from a corporate tax cut, and investors are recognizing that by pulling money and allocating it elsewhere."

https://www.ft.com/content/c63761db-55e1-39ff-8f4c-007406b76ea0
Tech stocks sell-off continues in Asia Pacific
"Asia Pacific equities dipped on Thursday as a sell-off for technology stocks on Wall Street carried over into the region."

https://www.ft.com/content/f45648c2-22f4-32a3-a1b5-00fe8de6d3b9
Tech stocks sell-off reaches Europe
"Technology stocks are under pressure after the sell-off in the sector that began on Wall Street overnight reached Europe."

Around the Network
offline said:
OTBWY said:

It's hard to take you seriously when you choose to ignore simple facts. Of course the GOP tax bill has an effect on overseas stock markets. Here are a few articles to make it easier for you to understand.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-tax-reform-bill-driving-stock-market-crazy-2017-11
"Tech — While the selling in this space on Wednesday may have come as a surprise to some, it makes sense when you consider that the sector has the third-lowest tax rate out of any industry, according to data compiled by S&P Global. That means companies in the group have less to gain from a corporate tax cut, and investors are recognizing that by pulling money and allocating it elsewhere."

"Asia Pacific equities dipped on Thursday as a sell-off for technology stocks on Wall Street carried over into the region."

"Technology stocks are under pressure after the sell-off in the sector that began on Wall Street overnight reached Europe."

I find it funny how desperately you want it to be like that, but let me let you in on something. The Nikkei is up. So are most European markets btw (even though it's a sidestep). Within 5 days too. Nice try, but it was Animal Crossing.

Not even my own words: It's literally your word, against the word of a economics PHD - Game industry consultancy CEO.

OTBWY said:
offline said:

I find it funny how desperately you want it to be like that, but let me let you in on something. The Nikkei is up. So are most European markets btw (even though it's a sidestep). Within 5 days too. Nice try, but it was Animal Crossing.

Not even my own words: It's literally your word, against the word of a economics PHD - Game industry consultancy CEO.

I don't think the market pays as close attention as we do to the game info. Sales > everything else. 

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
OTBWY said:

I don't think the market pays as close attention as we do to the game info. Sales > everything else. 

Especially since games typically are seen as part of the entertainment industry rather than part of the tech industry. What Offline has posted doesn't even correlate with what happened to Nintendo's stock for a few days.

OTBWY said:
megaman79 said:

Especially since games typically are seen as part of the entertainment industry rather than part of the tech industry. What Offline has posted doesn't even correlate with what happened to Nintendo's stock for a few days.

He was stating that investors are pulling money out of companies that might not benefit as much from the tax bill and putting it into companies that are considered heavily taxed (didn't know those still existed with all the loopholes).

sethnintendo said:
OTBWY said:

He was stating that investors are pulling money out of companies that might not benefit as much from the tax bill and putting it into companies that are considered heavily taxed (didn't know those still existed with all the loopholes).

It has nothing to do with Nintendo's stock dipping for a few days though. I can't keep referencing Serkan's tweet because I have done it a million times I feel.