By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Stock: Values Keep Rising

offline said:
Miyamotoo said:

I hope you will gave reports on daily basis until Q4 results in January. :D

I hope you realize why Nintendo's stock has dipped as much as it has in the past week. This is not a regular drop.

Again, I hope you will gave reports on daily basis until Q4 results in January.

Around the Network
offline said:
Miyamotoo said:

I hope you will gave reports on daily basis until Q4 results in January. :D

I hope you realize why Nintendo's stock has dipped as much as it has in the past week. This is not a regular drop.

Has two factors of why that could be:

- Nikkei is mostly down for some reason
- Animal Crossing didn't perform as well as investors wanted.

My guess it will balance out again next week, and pick up during the holidays.
Either way, it is still higher than Pokemon Go's peak.

It has balanced out today. Sooner than I expected.

OTBWY said: 

Pretty sure it actually exceeded expectations

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
OTBWY said: 

This is a point that Serkan Toto made. 

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

That it was below or above?

OTBWY said:

It was most likely below.

OTBWY said:

Hmmm...I did just read that. Holy shit, I think you might be right ...

10M is nothing to scoff at but Fire Emblem being higher is confusing to me ... I don't know anything about Animal Crossing but it should be more popular WW than Fire Emblem especially in Japan. What I'm guessing, and again I'm not an AC fan so I don't know, but what I'm guessing is that the micro-transactionsaren't egregious enough and that because those games are common on phones it didn't do so well. Whereas ... if my understanding is correct .. Fire Emblem Heroes has micro transactions based on heroes? Which would make a lot of money given the kind of game FE is 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 06 December 2017

OTBWY said:

10M is nothing to scoff at but Fire Emblem being higher is confusing to me ... I don't know anything about Animal Crossing but it should be more popular WW than Fire Emblem especially in Japan. What I'm guessing, and again I'm not an AC fan so I don't know, but what I'm guessing is that the micro-transactionsaren't egregious enough and that because those games are common on phones it didn't do so well. Whereas ... if my understanding is correct .. Fire Emblem Heroes has micro transactions based on heroes? Which would make a lot of money given the kind of game FE is 

My feeling is that many (completely anecdotal) still rather want a "real" full Animal Crossing game. However, I think the separate releases and little coverage caused it to not be downloaded as much as previous entries. Either way, it still performed very well considering. I'm curious to see how Nintendo thinks about it in their next report.

OTBWY said:

Fire Emblem Heroes has micro-transactions, but not based on what you're saying. They're based on getting orbs to summon heroes. The summoning pool utilizes a RNG system and usually certain banners have either new characters people want, special characters people want, or special banners with increased chances of getting a 5* banner hero is high. Doesn't hurt that characters from games like Fire Emblem Blazing Blade, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, etc. are very popular among the fandom. Plus, some of the more recent units are shifting the meta game in Arena Assault and other modes. You may not necessarily get the character you want, but with money, you'll increase your chances. Though it is still possible to get the character you want while playing for free and its not really necessary to buy if you're not into building the best four-man team out there.