By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 11th - 17th Sept 2017

Monster hunter world still #1 on amazon Japan despite stiff competition

Around the Network

30K for Metroid, not really good, but Metroid isn't very big in Japan

Hope it preforms well in the West

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Kerotan said:

Instead of bringing up a past ban why don't you put together a good argument to counter my very valid point. 

You haven't provided a good argument in defense of your nonsensical point so there's no obligation to counter it. However if you're so interested in reading such a counter-argument, instead of asking for another why don't you respond to those that have already been written?

For the record, I have no problem with predicting that the Switch will sell more than 80 million or whatever lifetime. My objection is to the principle of adding hardware sales of different platforms in this context, which requires making flawed assumptions about the nature of hardware sales.

It's also just plain stupid. It proposes that we should expect more than 5 million sales in Japan in the system's first 10 months. Nintendo literally can't even ship that many systems to the region because the Switch is too popular in other regions. And if we excuse it for not meeting this insane goal in Japan without adjusting expectations for global lifetime sales, we are just passing the buck to other regions or time frames, which makes the whole thing even dumber. Then you aren't just saying "Switch should outsell 3DS and Wii U combined in the US in a comparable period of time," (for instance, this would be over 4 million for the 3DS and shy of 1.5 million for Wii U over their first 10 months, so about 5.5 million). You'd be inserting a new variable into the equation, now saying "Switch should outsell 3DS and Wii U combined in this time and also make up for its inability to do so in Japan," or Switch(10moUS) = 3DS(10moUS) + WiiU(10moUS) + (3DS(10moJP) - Switch(10moJP)). If you aren't increasing expectations for a region, you're increasing them for a later time frame. This is made much worse when you reach the point in the 3DS life when the XL was released. Then you have to deal with a likely significant number of repeat customers within a single platform, muddying the situation even more.

And this from someone who thinks the Switch will pull it off! That doesn't make your math valid at all! Your math sucks.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Kerotan said:

Is discussing if switch can or should be compared to 3DS + Wii U ok? 

Only if you keep comparing it that way if Switch outsells 3DS + WiiU. 

I don't understand?  Can you rewrite that sentence or word it differently?  

What do you mean by only if I keep comparing it that way? 

Kerotan said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

He is messing with you. He is saying only compare the comparison if switch is winning aka dont do it anymore. Thats how i interpreted it anyway lol

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

He means that you should keep comparing Switch to 3DS+Wii U regardless of relative performance. I have identified three cases to consider.

If (3DS + Wii U > Switch) OR (3DS + Wii U == Switch) OR (3DS + Wii U < Switch), then compare (3DS + Wii U) sales to Switch sales.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Kyuu said:
Kerotan said:

He's hoping you would be consistent and bring up that comparison in the times Switch outsells both.

I've always been consistent with this comparison.  And I stated it before the console even released.  

Kerotan said:
Kyuu said:

He's hoping you would be consistent and bring up that comparison in the times Switch outsells both.

I've always been consistent with this comparison.  And I stated it before the console even released.  

Kerotan why do you have the frog avatar? Imposter

This thread is gold thanks to users like tbone, lawlight, kerotan, jrnation, the_dengle, kyuu, miyamoto, nautilus and alchemist.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Yes Thank you! Putting his ideas on another market make the idea soo dumb! 

This is where it started on a MC thread where he got banned..........

Instead of bringing up a past ban why don't you put together a good argument to counter my very valid point

It's probably because the_dengle, who is the person Jranation quoted, put toghether an excellent counter to your point, wich you've obviously seen, considering that you've responded to someone who quoted him, but have yet to respond to.

He also posted an excellent follow-up as to why simply adding 3DS+WiiU=marketshare is a fallacy, among other things based on the sheer amount of 3DS SKUs and by that double and tripple dippers.

To be honest, even if the Switch somehow ends up beating the DS and becoming Nintendos bestselling console or even the bestselling console of all time, I fully expect someone (not you Kero) to come out of the woodwork and claim that it's actually a loss for Nintendo because Wii+Ds did 250m. This argument has been and will continue to be used to downplay the Switch, wether you personally intend to or not.