By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch officially will be releases in South Korea/Taiwan on Dec. 1st

Fededx said:
EricFabian said:

Brasil

Are you sure?  It's already officially out here in Argentina, it would be strange if brasil doesn't get it... 

What he means is thatits not officially there in Brazil, but retailers import the Switch to the country.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I wonder why it took so long, surely it would have made more sense to come out closer to launch? What was the setback?

VGPolyglot said:
I wonder why it took so long, surely it would have made more sense to come out closer to launch? What was the setback?

Probably having enough units in their main markets before expanding to others.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Green098 said:
I'll be really interested to see if they release the Switch in China, with Arena of Valour coming to Switch it could actually have a chance to do quite well.

Anyways the more places Switch releases in the better, although they actually need to make enough.

Oh yep! They're probably planning the beta version after Switch launch in SK. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nautilus said:
Fededx said:

Are you sure?  It's already officially out here in Argentina, it would be strange if brasil doesn't get it... 

What he means is thatits not officially there in Brazil, but retailers import the Switch to the country.

Yeah I know, quite strange to be honest. It's been officially released here in Argentina, actually last Switch update let players from Argentina and other countries use the eShop... I though Brasil was among those other countries.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
I hope this will be a big market for them going forward.

I know it wasn't an official launch, but we've had the Switch here in Taiwan since the American launch. The stores here have charged anywhere between $12000 - $15000 NTD ($400 - $500 USD), but since it's been available for so long, I'm not sure it's going to sell a whole lot more considering a lot of the people who really want one already have one.

That's not to say future games wouldn't push new sales, but Taiwan isn't exactly a Nintendo stronghold in the first place.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Green098 said:
I'll be really interested to see if they release the Switch in China, with Arena of Valour coming to Switch it could actually have a chance to do quite well.

Anyways the more places Switch releases in the better, although they actually need to make enough.

Any word on when that game will be coming to Switch?

cdude1034 said:
caffeinade said:
I hope this will be a big market for them going forward.

I know it wasn't an official launch, but we've had the Switch here in Taiwan since the American launch. The stores here have charged anywhere between $12000 - $15000 NTD ($400 - $500 USD), but since it's been available for so long, I'm not sure it's going to sell a whole lot more considering a lot of the people who really want one already have one.

That's not to say future games wouldn't push new sales, but Taiwan isn't exactly a Nintendo stronghold in the first place.

Taiwan is not a major market for Nintendo, yet.

Mystro-Sama said:
Green098 said:

Any word on when that game will be coming to Switch?

A beta is coming this winter I think.

They should release it in North Korea too, maybe ugly kid Kim would stop his tantrums!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!