By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite looks like a mess

fielding88 said:
I played the demo and agree, but I haven't been big on fighting games since the Dreamcast days with the great Capcom lineups they had over there. I suck at them now, and the demo didn't convince me I needed to play that game.

Plus the roster lineup does bother me. Spamming berserker barrage during local multiplayer will be missed.

Don't worry, I suck at fighting games too, and always have, but I still adore them

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
I forgot on what site and how I found it, but I read something from a supposed former intern at Capcom (take this with a grain of salt) explaining that Disney told Capcom to leave X-Men and the F4 off of the roster because Disney doesn't own their movie rights, and to emphasize characters that are currently relevant in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Capcom was also told to make Marvel characters look better than Capcom characters.

I believe I remember reading about it on Reddit. I also saw a video on YouTube on it, but I couldn't find it in my watch history. Feel free to take everything in this post with all the salt in the world.

Sure the guy was Disney and not Marvel? Perlmutter is the problem and should be blamed for most bad decisions in Marvel media outside of comics (Lack of B.W toys, Inhumans, the odd feel of Age of Ultron), and Alfonso for stuff in comics (the constant relaunching).

So, who wants to wonder if MvC will mimic SF5 and be out sold by Pokken. Pokken is releasing this week, same as MvC

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Doesn't Infinite only have a few new characters, though compared to Injustice 2 like 30 new Characters? If so, I'll stick with DC.

5drew00 said:
Doesn't Infinite only have a few new characters, though compared to Injustice 2 like 30 new Characters? If so, I'll stick with DC.

Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Ultron, Winter Soldier, Jedah Dohma, X, Monster Hunter and Sigma.

I will say that 2 of your points are not relevant but the others are critical.

Roster size... it's better to have a good and varied rooster than to have only numbers... Capcom or another dev said that they saw too many chars that played the same... I think that was the reason for roster size on SF VI. And going by what was said during Killer Instinct, most players use a couple chars only.

On the recurrent releases...

Forza, CoD, Sports Games and several others have yearly releases with cosmetically changes and it sell well.. Capcom prefers to keep the game base, release DLC for new chars/clothes and at the same time re-release the game with the DLC. Similar practice, but on this you have the option to only buy the DLC or not even buy it and keep playing base version, I kinda prefer it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Roster size... it's better to have a good and varied rooster than to have only numbers... Capcom or another dev said that they saw too many chars that played the same... I think that was the reason for roster size on SF VI. And going by what was said during Killer Instinct, most players use a couple chars only.

So, the solution is to make each game have a smaller roster than the one before? Where it the happy medium? 20 characters? 10 characters? How varied do they have to be?

VGPolyglot said:
DonFerrari said:

So, the solution is to make each game have a smaller roster than the one before? Where it the happy medium? 20 characters? 10 characters? How varied do they have to be?

To me it can have 100 chars... I'm just saying that 30 isn't really small size, and that really variations of skin pallete doesn't add much.

But considering the appeal of each char to a userbase, like Wolverine, Batman, Ryu (not saying they are or could be on the game) even if playing basically the same can add sales by themselves.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
VGPolyglot said:

To me it can have 100 chars... I'm just saying that 30 isn't really small size, and that really variations of skin pallete doesn't add much.

It's small when you compare it to its predecessors. 

VGPolyglot said:
DonFerrari said:

It's small when you compare it to its predecessors. 

Yes... same as GT Sport that will be a lot smaller than GT6. But it will depends on how good is the content on it.

But as a criticism it is valid, sorry for saying it was irrelevant.

DonFerrari said:

Yeah you're right. One of the biggest issues with MvC games is tha the roster is so big that there's always a broken combination of characters that ruins the fun for everyone.