By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Predictions, and looking ahead to the future

-Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing and Pokemon will all come out the same year : 2019

-2020 will be the Switch's peak year

-2D mario will come out 2018.

-Xenoblade 2 will be the best selling Xenoblade ever

-Swtch will sell 100+ million

-That new Kirby game is going to be awesome

As for my old predictions....I don't have any for the Switch.....

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

6. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will be remade for the Switch

I would love if this happened. Maybe not necessarily a remake, but a remaster of the 3DS version of both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would be really cool.

A bit out there... but:
FF7 and KH3 comes out on switch eventually

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230314&page=0#

Sort of an "out-there" prediction, but I predicted that Switch will get Super Mario Odyssey 2 in 2021.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231234&page=0#

This was one that many disagreed on, but I still think the Switch ain't getting any hardware revision. though many people had great and insightful replies.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230222&page=0#

This prediction was that Pokemon for Switch will come at Fall/Holiday 2019 at the earliest.

I'll make a new one:
Skyward Sword HD will come out on Switch in 2019, completing the HD remaster series. The Switch will be a perfect fit for the game since joycon motion control makes it stay true to the original's concept, while a controller option would entice people who were turned off by the motion controls.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Blizzard will announce/tease Overwatch on Switch sometime this winter.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I predicted the Nintendo Switch comes out in holiday season 2016 which was wrong.

New prediction: Capcom brings Nintendo X Capcom to the Nintendo Switch!

Like many I was expecting NX and Zelda for 2016. Also predicted Animal Crossing in first year, free online play, bundled game, $250 price at most, and probably some more, all of which were wrong. Did get some stuff right, like Nintendo not making a powerful machine to appease third partys and instead making one comparable in power to Wii U.

-Lonely_Dolphin