By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official: Sony Pre-TGS Conference (09-19-2017)

It sucked tbh, big games like DMC5 or RE2 are saved for E3 or PSX but I was expecting better mid tier announcements, but I guess even those are moving to fan events like PSX now.

The way they format the conference is also archaic (compared to what they do in the West) with lots of talking on stage but thats probably normal for Japan.

And about that MH PS4 Pro console, they're chosing the one game I dont want a LE Pro for. It's disgusting that they ignored GT Sport and making it so hard to get a Pro in different colors. They would have my money now if the white Destiny 2 bundle was available on Amazon but no they had to partner with shit retailers like Game.

Around the Network

not the best conference, hoped for new announcement and somthing about the 2 cygames, but very suprised with the release date for monster hunter

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Man i'm so excited to play Shadow of the Colossus for the first time xD Hope it comes out in January although I expect March or late Feb

Same but I'll probably get it in 2 years for $10 on sale.  I refuse to increase my backlog further. 

2 years ago was a superb conference.  Last year was pretty bad. This year was average.  I expect next year to be good again. 

Really, really enjoyed the conference. This is the format I wish they would get back to at E3. PlayStation is first and foremost a gaming machine, but it also is an absolute beast of a VR device and a media player.

It was very nice to see so much attention to PSVR, and the expansion of PSVR's additional non gaming content. I hope we get more music, video, and other non gaming apps on PSVR in the west as well. I am very excited for ZoE, and of course the Gran Turismo Sport PSVR.

I just grabbed FFIX from the store, so that was probably the most instantly exciting announement of the show. Although I am not a huge fan, the release date of Monster Hunter World was quite a pleasent surprise, and the PS4 Pro bundle looks absolutely incredible.

The biggest shocker/ let down was the lack of Bloodborne 2. I really expected to see that here, but I guess it will have to wait for either PSX or TGS2018. All in all, they have a pretty stacked line-up over the next 6 months in Japan, and I will be very entertained.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

So no hyped for Left Alive that's a new IP the fudge!? (Metal Gear Solid  Artist)

The new Gundam looks cool. New ZOE it's not just a VR. The Gungrave looks neat in VR.
I think I am the only person excited for those games I mentioned. Sad...

For those interested in Japan sales. Q1 2018 is a blast for PS4.
Dissidia NT 1/11/2018
MH:W 1/26/2018
Magical Virtual on 2/15/2018
Hokuto Ga Gotuku 2/22/2018
Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal 2/22/2018
DW 9 early 2018
Code Vein early 2018

Around the Network
twintail said:
Faelco said:
WTF is Japan Studio doing? They put all their men on Knack 2 and now everyone is on vacation?

im not really sure how many times ppl need to be told that the TGS conference is rarely an SCEJ announcement platform. Its a 3rd party showing event.

Yeah, actually you're right. But even on the 3rd party side it was disappointing, the biggest announcement being maybe Left Alive, with no information about it. The rest is the usual Gundam/Earth Defense Force/Musou. Like I said those games will sell pretty well in Japan, but it's nothing exciting and I don't think any new announcement can be considered a system seller (MH being an E3 announcement).

We didn't even get any news about Granblue, did we?

KBG29 said:
Really, really enjoyed the conference. This is the format I wish they would get back to at E3. PlayStation is first and foremost a gaming machine, but it also is an absolute beast of a VR device and a media player.

It was very nice to see so much attention to PSVR, and the expansion of PSVR's additional non gaming content. I hope we get more music, video, and other non gaming apps on PSVR in the west as well. I am very excited for ZoE, and of course the Gran Turismo Sport PSVR.

I just grabbed FFIX from the store, so that was probably the most instantly exciting announement of the show. Although I am not a huge fan, the release date of Monster Hunter World was quite a pleasent surprise, and the PS4 Pro bundle looks absolutely incredible.

The biggest shocker/ let down was the lack of Bloodborne 2. I really expected to see that here, but I guess it will have to wait for either PSX or TGS2018. All in all, they have a pretty stacked line-up over the next 6 months in Japan, and I will be very entertained.

I'd think that they'd be saving BB2 for a much bigger show than TGS. I'm thinking PSX or E3.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Hmm, a bit dissapointed. Nothing for me really, might bite on FFIX, not today though!

SuperMetalDave64 is having a hard time on Twitter atleast.. so that's something I guess.

Mbolibombo said:
Hmm, a bit dissapointed. Nothing for me really, might bite on FFIX, not today though!

SuperMetalDave64 is having a hard time on Twitter atleast.. so that's something I guess.

Yeah I figured Super Metal Dave would be getting roasted when I didn't hear about any Sony announcement. Spawn Wave has to be salty, he was staying up until 3am to cover what turned out to be a phantom announcement.

Darc Requiem said:
Mbolibombo said:

Yeah I figured Super Metal Dave would be getting roasted when I didn't hear about any Sony announcement. Spawn Wave has to be salty, he was staying up until 3am to cover what turned out to be a phantom announcement.

Deservingly so. Anyways he's the last guy I'd expect to have this exclusive inside Sony info. I really wish Spawn Wave wasn't so trusting of him.