By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze EDGE preview: 'an excellent game that dares to treat us like adults'

Well that's certainly good news.

Around the Network

*crosses fingers*
Please let it be good!

Im def buying this game day 1

After playing cod 4 Fps's have alot to live up to now IMO. And this game is not making the cut. The whole time i was watching that video I thought to myself "why has this been delayed so many times?" Nothing about it stood out, the visuals are good but not great, the environments, as large as they look, are very barren.

Will there be jumping?

Around the Network

"The whole time i was watching that video I thought to myself "why has this been delayed so many times?" "

Perhaps it is just a good FPS? The thing that makes me anticipate it were some of the small gameplay situations shown in ingame videos (in one he drugged a Mantel soldier ran up to him, took his weapon and shot him. It simply looked very fluid and cool)
I loved Halo (even the ugly indoor levels) because the fights were done extremely well. I may wait for a demo and review and I am normally not the one to say something like this, but perhaps graphics are not everything (and it looks pretty ok with some great design, for example the Mantel armors). But this is definitely a wait and see title.

epsilon72 said:
Will there be jumping?

There's jumping... lots of jumping. 

(If anyone gets that quote, +1 to them).

I never understood the negative hype surrounding Haze. It is developed by Free Radical, who have one of the best (if not the best) records for making FPS. Haze will be nothing below excellent.   

dabaus513 said:
After playing cod 4 Fps's have alot to live up to now IMO. And this game is not making the cut. The whole time i was watching that video I thought to myself "why has this been delayed so many times?" Nothing about it stood out, the visuals are good but not great, the environments, as large as they look, are very barren.

I don't think it ever got past the rumor stage but I heard that when Free Radical saw how Infinity Ward had raised the bar with Call of Duty 4, they felt compelled to go back and improve Haze so that it would measure up.

Not the biggest fan of Edge to be honest.

Edge are rarely impressed by anything, so this is definitely good news. PS3 has definetly got a good spring/summer line up. Haze, MGS4, Socom, Tekken etc.