By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare can they get their groove back?

betsfro said:
they need to go back to nintendo to get there groove back, they need shigerus advice

no.  They are the only maker of (not-killing-people-while-tearing-their-guts-out-games) maker on the xbox360, they have no competition almost.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

men all the games that the have made on xbox suck

No. The only thing today's Rare shares with the Rare of yesteryear is a name.

Rare's not Rare anymore sadly... That being said, BK can be a great game, but i wouldn't get my hopes too high

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Rare is just a name. They have to prove themselves with their next game, if it fails, I would forget the company altogether.

Around the Network
betsfro said:
men all the games that the have made on xbox suck

not true... not true...

I think have discovered a new species of troll! 

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I really hope they step up and start bringing back their franchises to their old glory. I mean a Jet Force Gemini sequel would be amazing on 360. A Killer Instinct would also be awesome. Im in love with all of their games :D It would be the last nail in the hesitation to buy a 360 thats for sure.

More than anything, I want them to let their old games on VC. Conker, Banjo, Perfect Dark, Killer Instict and Killer Instinct Gold, and Jet Force Gemini on VC would make my life. I would actually prefer those instead of any other title, even Earthbound.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Unfortunately this thread is proof once again that the trolls roam these forums unmolested by decent moderation. Yes I will say it the moderation has gone to hell. I applaud those that took the thread seriously, and actually tried to have a discussion. I am just thinking there are too few of us left. Not enough to make it worth using the site as a decent forum anymore.

@Bursche

I would gather you know the latter hope is very unlikely considering that Microsoft and Nintendo are direct rivals to one another. Microsoft would be pretty idiotic to do that especially considering the fact that Nintendo probably would not compensate them for their loss in the least. However there may be hope for Jet Force Gemini on Live. The title was both developed and published by Rare. So they should hold all rights to the title outright.

It seems like we have this discussion about Rare at least once a month. The fact is that the lead designer of the first two games is working on this one as well as other members of the original team. So it's in good hands so people should stop worrying (of course there are some people that are worrying that it might be really good).

betsfro said:
they need to go back to nintendo to get there groove back, they need shigerus advice

Most definately. Rare will never recapture their past glory under current circumstances. I think Shigsy was more of an influence to Rare than he's given credit for.