By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MercurySteam originally wanted to remake Metroid Fusion instead of Metroid II

I still prefer amr2, but the mercurysteam version still appeals to me... a little.

Game Informer reports that MercurySteam initially pitched Nintendo on potentially remaking Metroid Fusion. Although series producer Yoshio Sakamoto was impressed with the pitch and their passion for Metroid, he said no to revisiting the Game Boy Advance game. Instead, Sakamoto wanted to remake Metroid II.

Going with Metroid II over Fusion may have been the smarter choice, because Fusion still holds up today.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I feel we got the right choice in the end. Fusion is still great. Metroid II..not so much.

A very good choice, II clearly needed it more.

Hopefully if this game sells well, we can get more remakes on the Switch.

Metroid 2 needed a remake much more than Fusion. Have you played the original game? The game is fun but it feels like an antique. Fusion still plays butter smooth.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I don't think Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid need remakes.

Well, hopefully this game does well, so we'll get that too More great Metroid games is good for everyone!!

RafaelAmorim said:
I don't think Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid need remakes.

They do if Nintendo doesn't hurry up with the Virtual Console

I wouldn't mind a Metroid Fusion remake. Fusion is one of my favourite Metroid titles. A remake for the Switch would be amazing. Of course, the game would have to remain a side scroller.

That being said, Metroid 2 definitely needed the remake. They were originally going to do a Gameboy Color version, however, for whatever reason that idea was scrapped.

Fusion is still decent. II really needed a remake