By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Sales Ranking - Week 99

RolStoppable said:
Only Wii is left and Switch will take that one too.

Then it will lose it before taking it back again for good.

Around the Network
Genos8 said:
RolStoppable said:
Only Wii is left and Switch will take that one too.

Then it will lose it before taking it back again for good.

If it reaches projected 14 million (or less) in its first year, then yes. Switch will lose in few weeks time. Unless it gets to 15M territory, then it should stay at the top until April (Wii's 2nd holiday season).  

Epic! Good job Switchy.

Can't wait to see how much Nintendo really shipped and if they make some other announcements about sold units

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Can't wait to see how much Nintendo really shipped and if they make some other announcements about sold units

My bet is they shipped 15m. I guess we'll know in a couple of days anyway. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I just realized that the aligned chart right now for Switch vs PS4 only shows a full holiday season for the Switch. The PS4 has yet to enjoy the pre-holiday hype (specifically October and early November) in those charts, as opposed to the Switch already enjoying a full, hyped holiday season.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
I just realized that the aligned chart right now for Switch vs PS4 only shows a full holiday season for the Switch. The PS4 has yet to enjoy the pre-holiday hype (specifically October and early November) in those charts, as opposed to the Switch already enjoying a full, hyped holiday season.

I think Sony reported 14.4 million PS4s sold in the first 53 weeks?

Pretty sure Nintendo Switch will top that on the chart before Week 52.

I am also curious to see how many Nintendo Switches has shipped as of December 31st. At least we will know that much next week.

:)

LipeJJ said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

My bet is they shipped 15m. I guess we'll know in a couple of days anyway. xD

My prediction is 15.1 million (made that prediction back in November :P ).

Nintendo's console's sales are usually January-September roughly equal October-December.

I just multiplied the 7.63 million shipped by 2x and shaved a little due to supply constraints.

It is surprising how oddly consistent Nintendo is with that sales pattern ( Jan-Sept = Oct-Dec ) through all the varying market conditions.

People are saying that the Switch has huge stock issues in Japan again. I don't know how much those claims hold up, but it had a huge drop there on the 2nd week of January, sold around 37k, and the week after was 42k I believe (these numbers could be higher). If we take into consideration that the Switch has sold more units in Japan so far than Europe with the current data, I wouldn't be surprised if European numbers were as low as that as well, even if there aren't stock issues. I'm really starting to question if it's actually possible for the Switch to sell 200k+ weekly in January. There weren't any new releases either. I hope it does, but I guess that Japan boost isn't there- for now.