By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita SD card adapter

Xen said:
COKTOE said:

Yeah, my launch Vita was only $299. I bought a Madden 13 bundle for the same price, and the Aqua LCD one I got last year was $250. Fun fact though: New Vitas are selling for as much as $570 on Amazon Canada right now. What makes it even worse for me is one of my 32gb Vita cards died, which means I've bought 6 32gb cards now. Add in a 4, 8, and 16 GB, and I've spent around 800 fucking dollars on Vita memory cards with taxes included. What a deal!

Uhh, yeah... how incredibly reliable for this price. Why so many cards? I found basically the last new Vita in the Helsinki capital region in a random gamestop!

...also, you really love the Vita.

I kept buying games on sale. I filled up a 32gb on a single day once. Ha. That's the one that died on me. PS+ games add up too.  And yes I do love it. I have around 100 physical games for it too. Kind of a Vita collector at this point, and I feel lucky to have as much for it as I do. As for the reliabilty of the cards....I've read that the 64gb Vita cards are notoriously faulty, otherwise I'd buy them for the sake of convenience. I don't buy digital anymore, unless I REALLY want it, and it's a digital-only game.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Xen said:

Uhh, yeah... how incredibly reliable for this price. Why so many cards? I found basically the last new Vita in the Helsinki capital region in a random gamestop!

...also, you really love the Vita.

I kept buying games on sale. I filled up a 32gb on a single day once. Ha. That's the one that died on me. PS+ games add up too.  And yes I do love it. I have around 100 physical games for it too. Kind of a Vita collector at this point, and I feel lucky to have as much for it as I do. As for the reliabilty of the cards....I've read that the 64gb Vita cards are notoriously faulty, otherwise I'd buy them for the sake of convenience. I don't buy digital anymore, unless I REALLY want it, and it's a digital-only game.

I basically only play one title at a time, two tops, so I got a 16GB card. Physical unless a digital-only game.

Was gonna go 32, but heard of issues even there (though, the 64gb is indeed notorius - how hard is to make a memory card in a proprietary form factor?). Kudos on your Vita collection! That is my point of focus right now as well.

Also, many Vita games I tried look AMAZING on the PSTV. You might wanna try to get one, considering you have lots of extra memory.

Xen said:
COKTOE said:

I basically only play one title at a time, two tops, so I got a 16GB card. Physical unless a digital-only game.

Was gonna go 32, but heard of issues even there (though, the 64gb is indeed notorius - how hard is to make a memory card in a proprietary form factor?). Kudos on your Vita collection! That is my point of focus right now as well.

Also, many Vita games I tried look AMAZING on the PSTV. You might wanna try to get one, considering you have lots of extra memory.

I have a PSTV too! I forget about it because I've never used it. Got it for $50. It was worth it just for the 8gb card and PS3 controller.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Xen said:

Why so many cards?

I kept buying games on sale.

I also have more than 300 GB Vita content... but I don't feel the need to put all these games on memory cards at the same time.

All Vita games are transfered to my PC (and also backuped to my NAS) to be available, so no worries that some content gets deleted from the PS Store.

With more than two memory cards you also get logistical problems: oh, the game I want to play ain't on the inserted memory card (A)! Where was it? On card B, card C or card D? With the rebooting process it would be quite a hassle if you chose the wrong memory card in this situation.

It's a shame you can't use an SD card for storage normally. I feel this is going to just end up turning into the next R4 card.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
caffeinade said:
Now, for people to add L2 and R2 triggers.
I would use my Vita so much more if it had them.

http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

Does it actually recognize the L2 and R2 buttons? Or is it merely replacing the rear-touch controls?

Conina said:
COKTOE said:

I kept buying games on sale.

I also have more than 300 GB Vita content... but I don't feel the need to put all these games on memory cards at the same time.

All Vita games are transfered to my PC (and also backuped to my NAS) to be available, so no worries that some content gets deleted from the PS Store.

With more than two memory cards you also get logistical problems: oh, the game I want to play ain't on the inserted memory card (A)! Where was it? On card B, card C or card D? With the rebooting process it would be quite a hassle if you chose the wrong memory card in this situation.

It has caused confusion and/or hassel on occasion, but it's fine for the most part, since I'm good at remembering what games are on what card. I should also mention that I tend to swap cards very infrequently.