By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you agree on a pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

A pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

Avoid loss of human lives at all costs! 128 28.64%

NK will never use those w... 147 32.89%

We should stop them befor... 71 15.88%

We should stop NK before NK causes a tragedy. 101 22.60%

Total:447

I don't know if CaptainExplosion is serious or seeking attention. Or maybe he is really paranoid about NK attacking Japan and therefor ending all japanese game studios and anime shows.

One should not threaten a japanophile's interests.

Moderated - think-man

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:
Leave North Korea alone. Let them do their thing.

Their THING is threatening war constantly for no reason, and they're already close enough to declaring war.

They are all talk and no action.

What we need is a soldier to go in undetected, dismantle their nuclear Arsenal, and take out their leaders, and if possible extract any American prisoners to safety all undetected.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
VGPolyglot said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

The thing though is that nobody knows exactly what NK's Kim wants, but some of the previous demands from NK are that the US leaves the region and that NK wants an unified Korea.

If de-escalating the situation is entering negotiations that lead the US to leave there, nothing is stopping NK from threatening an invasion of the South by menace of nuclear warfare.

I am all up for negotations that will make this Kim guy happy and stop with the threats, but if what he wants is for the US to disappear from the region and gain power there and maybe even allow China to have more power there, that would be bad for our allies and I doubt the US will agree to any of it.

So I suppose the only answer would be to not do anything, get used to threats and hope for the best.

What North Korean officials want is for the regime to survive. They want to make threats, then have negotiations that will try to ensure that. They don't want a war that will surely end them.

But that would require us to believe that Kim knows how much he can push the US and Co. without leading to war and that in his missle tests and threats his group of engineers don't mess up and people get killed.

In order to accept what you say as true we need to invest trust in Kim who by actions and judgement doesn't seem to deserve any.

Every action and inaction comes as a gamble, and as any gamble, there is risk of losing. The question is, how much are we willing to lose and what are we willing to lose?

Qwark said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I doubt is gonna be any way as cool as in Mad Max and Fallout games so I see the temptation of the idea but then realize the delusion. :P

The Nuclear winter should solve our global warming problem though ;)

I am not sure that would work. :P

p0isonparadise said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I doubt is gonna be any way as cool as in Mad Max and Fallout games so I see the temptation of the idea but then realize the delusion. :P

WW3 or a nuclear war is going to happen eventually, might as well get it over and done with. 

Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today! :D

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:
Leave North Korea alone. Let them do their thing.

Their THING is threatening war constantly for no reason, and they're already close enough to declaring war.

Stellar_Fungk said:
I don't know if CaptainExplosion is serious or seeking attention

It's because Japan is our ally, and as allies we need to help each other. Especially since Japan is within range of being attacked by North Korea.

My philosophy is like this: Just because Japan is an ally (forced because they were nuked) doesn't mean that its people mean more to me than Norrh Korea's. Civilians are civilians. They should not be judged by how their regime behave. You can call me naive but that's what I think.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:

They are all talk and no action.

You call firing missiles at Japan "no action"?

Firing Missiles above Japan is no action. They were testing missiles which lots of countries do.

Stellar_Fungk said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's because Japan is our ally, and as allies we need to help each other. Especially since Japan is within range of being attacked by North Korea.

My philosophy is like this: Just because Japan is an ally (forced because they were nuked) doesn't mean that its people mean more to me than Norrh Korea's. Civilians are civilians. They should not be judged by how their regime behave. You can call me naive but that's what I think.

It's a pity the people there hasn't overthrown this leader themselves like other countries have done throughout history. This could have solved the problem with that country by now.

CaptainExplosion said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

My philosophy is like this: Just because Japan is a ally (forced because they were nuked) doesn't mean that its people mean more to me than Norrh Korea's. Civilians are civilians. They should not be judged by how their regime behave. You can call me naive but that's what I think.

Well they mean more to us because they're not trying to kill us.

What? Whatever. Bye!

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Absolutely not. The people who voted yes are both ignorant and dangerous.

They have to be americans, not valuing the life of other peoples, and having already dropped nuclear bombs on civilians targets.

North Korea developped a nuclear arsenal only to protect themselves from the US, who is the main source of wars in the world.

It's time the USA turn their eyes toward the ground and submit to reality. They won't control North Korea , never. Admit it and deal with your own country instead of building military bases all around the world. North Korea and its nuclears weapons escaped american "peace" and "nation building" game.

Deal with it american hawks.

Stellar_Fungk said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well they mean more to us because they're not trying to kill us.

What? Whatever. Bye!

What if NK drops bombs on US citizens or other countries, would you change your mind?