By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Pionner said:
Ariakon said:

I don't think it's a big deal. COD in general does poorly on Amazon. Infinite Warfare was the best selling game last year in the US and on Amazon its first sku appears at no. 25, behind Uncharted, Madden and trailing Final Fantasy XV by a wide margin. The tastes of Amazon consumers tend to be more enthusiast, which is why limited editions of rather niche Japanese games (that I love to play) shoot up to number one a lot of the time for a day or two. 

The WW2 edition is really just a slim that's coming out in more than a month, when most people buying the slim are going to want it now, for cheaper. I don't see it being a big preorder draw, but having it alongside the other slims in a store, where it features the new game in the most popular series in the US and a 1tb hdd for the same price as a normal 1tb ps4, it's likely going to do very well. 

Where did the BO3 bundle chart on Amazon? I remember it being in the top 20 at least. Could be there's less interest compared to BO3 also.

I'm not certain, but I recall (perhaps incorrectly) the Star Wars LE was doing much better on Amazon, and the BO3 bundle actually turned out to be the bigger seller. 

I also suspect that, yes, BO3 was more anticipated than WW2. Even if WW2 significantly outperforms Infinite Warfare, it will still have a long way to go to reach Black Ops 3's performance. 

Around the Network
Ariakon said:
poklane said:

IMO Sony should also have a normal black CoD WWII bundle. Maybe even just with a 500GB PS4 to cut the cost and bring the price down.

I agree, though I wonder if they might do so with Battlefront 2 or one of their own games. I could see them doing a Horizon or a GT Sport bundle primarily to keep the cost down for their Black Friday deals. 

I've been expecting them to replace the Uncharted bundle with a Horizon bundle for months now :p. Would especially be smart with the upcoming DLC, millions of people would get Horizon free with their PS4 and they might like it enough to get the DLC.

poklane said:
Ariakon said:

I agree, though I wonder if they might do so with Battlefront 2 or one of their own games. I could see them doing a Horizon or a GT Sport bundle primarily to keep the cost down for their Black Friday deals. 

I've been expecting them to replace the Uncharted bundle with a Horizon bundle for months now :p. Would especially be smart with the upcoming DLC, millions of people would get Horizon free with their PS4 and they might like it enough to get the DLC.

Didn't think about that.

p0isonparadise said:
Surprised XC 2 isn't charting in America, it's #16 in Canada.

It charted in the fifties immediately after the direct but Amazon preorders were then mysteriously sold out...

It's back now and sitting at 53.  Hopefully that listing mixup didn't kill the momentum on Amazon too much.  But preorders will likely not see their buildup until after Odyssey.  Nintendo's current strategy has been to give each game they consider to be a major release its own time in the marketing spotlight.

Edit:  Also, Amazon hasn't updated the listing to reflect the December 1 release date.

Why does Amazon always have poor stock when compared to other retailers? Right now the only ps4s that Amazon sells itself are the pros and the COD bundle (which releases nearly two months from now), it seems like. I understand the UC4 bundle will eventually dry up, but why is the 1tb slim not in stock? Hell, Amazon UK is sold out of the standard edition of Fifa for the ps4, which is a bit hilarious to me. 

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

Why does Amazon always have poor stock when compared to other retailers? Right now the only ps4s that Amazon sells itself are the pros and the COD bundle (which releases nearly two months from now), it seems like. I understand the UC4 bundle will eventually dry up, but why is the 1tb slim not in stock? Hell, Amazon UK is sold out of the standard edition of Fifa for the ps4, which is a bit hilarious to me. 

Its to create artificial demand

OP: Xbox One X pre orders start again on the 21st.

jason1637 said:
Ariakon said:

Its to create artificial demand

OP: Xbox One X pre orders start again on the 21st.

I saw that as well. Kind of odd that Walmart is only doing in-store preorders for the standard edition, I didn't even know they did in-store preorders. 

Edit: Ouch, you have to put money down? No wonder Amazon is the most popular place for pre-orders. 

Hello everyone! Got back on at last!

The PS5 Exists. 

Long time no see.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Long time no see.

I couldn't get back on. I moved over to Chrome and for some reason it messed a lot of my passwords up, even on Firefox. 

The PS5 Exists.