By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Conservative site bitching about fake news create fake news about Hurricane Harvey

I got pranked pretty hard. Did you?

Yeah...you aren't alone 1 25.00%

No, I'm too smart for that 3 75.00%

Total:4

http://thelastlineofdefense.org/breaking-texas-mosque-refuses-to-help-refugees-allah-forbids-helping-infidels/#mh-comments

My friend shared a link to me. Apparently a far right group fabricated a story about some nonexistent mosque rejecting to help Houston victims due to them being infidels. Lol

"This is inexcusable. No matter what your religion, you should be willing to help your community. Christian churches all over Texas are doing theirparts to help. Why can’t Muslims do the same?"

What's funny is that they post this as a way to rile up their readers when they forget that the Houston Megachurch was under heavy criticism for its owner not opening the church until he was called out on it.

Wonder what some people would say about this. How many ways can we spin this to turn it into a discussion about liberals or muslims?

Just kidding it's a prank. Someone pointed out that this website is basically TheOnion but far-right ;D

Around the Network

Just on a sidenote. These single-denomination megachurches are a plague on all of Christianity and they're a headache for most people.

WolfpackN64 said:
Just on a sidenote. These single-denomination megachurches are a plague on all of Christianity and they're a headache for most people.

Thousands of people inside during service and insane amount of money to fix. Blegh. I'll always prefer the quiet churches in Jerusalem

Even if this story was true, don't see how they focus on a mosque of 300 versus a church which fits over 10000. It's almost as if they have some sort of bias against certain groups of people...

You fell victim to Poe's Law OP.

Oh shit I got finessed hard

I'm not editing my shit. Roast me everyone, I'm pefectly fine with admitting I was wrong by believing the link wasn't from a satire website.

Sorry, but I suppose you can take two morals from this:

1) make sure a ridiculous website isn't satire

2) if it isn't satire, then oh well. Guess people will always believe in ridiculous stuff

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Oh shit I got finessed hard

I'm not editing my shit. Roast me everyone, I'm pefectly fine with admitting I was wrong by believing the link wasn't from a satire website.

Sorry, but I suppose you can take two morals from this:

1) make sure a ridiculous website isn't satire

2) if it isn't satire, then oh well. Guess people will always believe in ridiculous stuff

I'm a bit worried about people coming in here only reading the title, poli threads rarely end well.

Bandorr said:

I only knew it was satire because I follow snopes on twitter. And snopes covers a lot of these stories because people actually think they are real.

well, these stories "feel right" to them

monocle_layton said:

http://thelastlineofdefense.org/breaking-texas-mosque-refuses-to-help-refugees-allah-forbids-helping-infidels/#mh-comments

My friend shared a link to me. Apparently a far right group fabricated a story about some nonexistent mosque rejecting to help Houston victims due to them being infidels. Lol

"This is inexcusable. No matter what your religion, you should be willing to help your community. Christian churches all over Texas are doing theirparts to help. Why can’t Muslims do the same?"

What's funny is that they post this as a way to rile up their readers when they forget that the Houston Megachurch was under heavy criticism for its owner not opening the church until he was called out on it.

Wonder what some people would say about this. How many ways can we spin this to turn it into a discussion about liberals or muslims?

Just kidding it's a prank. Someone pointed out that this website is basically TheOnion but far-right ;D

Can you comment on this story too OP?

http://www.theonion.com/article/humanity-still-producing-new-art-though-megadeths--50983

Well don't feel to bad about it there are plenty of people that think The Onion is legit news.

Well isn't this ironic. At the same time, it was believable, which says a lot about the situation.