By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can we expect a new PS4 console reveal at TGS?

We probably only have a year, maybe a little more before we see the PS5. Nothing big till then. Maybe a bundle for an upcoming PS4 game though.

Around the Network

PS4pro slim will probably happend either this year or next.
Newer model PS4pro at 350$ to give competition to the 500$ Xbox One X.

Playstation 5 is not happending, until 2020.

Xen said:
Also, this new PSP idea needs to die. Look how badly they fucked up and just how they abandoned the Vita. They are out - especially when their competition is the Switch.

To be fair ... i'd be pretty cool

The Xbox one X uses less power consumption and is smaller then the PS4 Pro.

The PS4 Pro uses simulair tech so most likely they could shrink it down because of AMD optimization of the chips and also give users a smaller power cable and less heat, noise.

A PS4 Pro slim makes a ton of sense, better product for consumers, less power consumption and a more attractive/smaller design to market it even better against the Xbox one X while making more profit since redesigns are almost always more cost efficient for the developers.

So my guess is on a slim.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

X1X isn't even close to threatening the PS4, even if it was twice as powerful.

I don't think we'll be getting lucky twice this gen and get another refresh.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

If they'll be making a PS4pro slim, and it would come out a year or so before the next iteration the PS5, then I would assume a PS4pro slim could be announced this year, and be available christmas 2018.

But hey 2 consoles on both sony and microsoft side, is new to everybody. There is no precedent for such a situation. No one really knows how this cycle will conclude, until the arrival of PS5 and the next xbox. There is no clear cut strategy. Meaning, it is even harder than usual in the console business, to predict what will happen and precisely how to move forward.
3-5 years ago, no one would think of the idea of a mid-cycle generation, a uber-console til stretch the console cycle.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Xen said:
Also, this new PSP idea needs to die. Look how badly they fucked up and just how they abandoned the Vita. They are out - especially when their competition is the Switch.

To be fair ... i'd be pretty cool

Hell yeah, if Sony would commit at least 1/2 the effort they committed into the PS4... and no 100€ memory cards...but alas.

A slim pro would be awesome

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

This isn't the 3DS, so no, that's very unlikely. We'll be hearing more buzz on the next PS machine sometime early next year though, is my guess.

I don't think the current hardware has been pushed to the limit yet.