By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch native voice chat discovered in Splatoon 2.

KLAMarine said:
I wonder if they're locking the feature behind the online paywall...

Surprisingly, this thought never occured to me^^

It's always hard to decide if Nintendo's decisions are driven by greed or incompetence. I was almost sure that the voice chat thing was on the side of incompetence.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
KLAMarine said:

That would be pretty awful, considering both PS4 and XB1 offer party chat, let alone just simple voice chat, completely free of charge. 

Party chat is only available to Xbox Live Gold subscribers so its not free.

jason1637 said:
DialgaMarine said:

That would be pretty awful, considering both PS4 and XB1 offer party chat, let alone just simple voice chat, completely free of charge. 

Party chat is only available to Xbox Live Golf subscribers so its not free.

I love playing Xbox One Golf!

Huh. Well, I certainly learned something new today.

Nintendo W T F!? *face palm*

Forceing your customers to buy & use a anti-consumer app.... thanks? No!

This is the most anti consumer thing to have come to pass this gen console wise.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
KLAMarine said:

Dont you need to buy PS+ to play online?

Or can you Voice Chat  without subscribing to it? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The plot tickens on their payed online plans, it seems. Maybe they wil indeed be locking voice chat behind a pay wall. So maybe you can chose: Have free voice chat with the app or fully native one with the payed online.

I don't care that much. I want to know how exactly VC will be integrated into the payed online.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

So, is the voicechat app just a way to avoid problems like with Swapnote?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

The plot tickens on their payed online plans, it seems. Maybe they wil indeed be locking voice chat behind a pay wall. So maybe you can chose: Have free voice chat with the app or fully native one with the payed online.

I don't care that much. I want to know how exactly VC will be integrated into the payed online.

Well the app is only available to paid members. So we're going to pay for it regardless, it's just free right now.

spemanig said:
"You gotta be squidding me"

That's a win.

Purrrfect...

Sorry.